P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

You are very good at finding the right words Jane.  I hope they comfort Graham & Pauline

It’s all very quiet in my world at the moment.  Sometimes I think that’s the best way to be - no drama!  Anyway, just a pottering about and sport Saturday for us.  Mr Eddie will go to watch local rugby and I’ll be a telly sports fan - not sure whether ️ or 🏉 

Have a good day everyone 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@grapau27 as Pauline knows blessed are the peacemakers. All you can do is offer an olive branch, it’s not in your control if it is accepted.

I feel sorry really for people who carry bitterness as it only harms them.

A very difficult time for you all and I sure Sarah appreciates your support through it all.

• Like 15

50 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Gill.

Her mam and dad are awful and were cruel to her and refused any contact with her for over 8 years.

What has upset her is they told neighbours 5 weeks before he died he was terminal but had not contacted her or us to apologise or let us know even though we live next door.

I opened our gates and moved my car to the top of the close when the ambulances and paramedic cars appeared in case they needed to take him out which they did and put him in the black coroner's van.

Pauline wrote a lovely Condolences card and popped it in their letterbox and she wrote nasty lies on the card and pushed it back through our letterbox.

How very sad. I had an uneasy relationship with my (very difficult) dad and my overriding feeling when he died was of relief that he wouldn't be my responsibility in his old age - I'm an only child. My saint of a mother deserved, and had, some peaceful years without him. What a pity that Sarah's relationship with her mother is also bad, but what a blessing that she has you and Pauline in her life.

• Like 15

@kalos Good morning young sir! I hope you are feeling a bit better today but I suspect not - because we haven't had any 'funnies' from you. I wish you better very soon.

It's a wonderful day of sport for me today - rugby and football - oh yes.

Best wishes and happy holidays to everyone who is sailing today - all hair, nails and lashes looking perfect. I won't mention the nose hair!

To all of us who are not sailing - have a great weekend. Jane xx

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Hubby had his haircut last week and they asked if he wanted his nostrils doing, “yes” he said but was unaware they were going to wax it using cotton buds!!! He said he thought his brains were going to get pulled out!! Wish I had been there to see his face!!

I hope you have a wonderful holiday , poor hubby ,well at least he had it done just 

in time for Red Nose  Day  ! 😉🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

34 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

How very sad. I had an uneasy relationship with my (very difficult) dad and my overriding feeling when he died was of relief that he wouldn't be my responsibility in his old age - I'm an only child. My saint of a mother deserved, and had, some peaceful years without him. What a pity that Sarah's relationship with her mother is also bad, but what a blessing that she has you and Pauline in her life.

Thank you.

None of this is Sarah's fault. 

Pauline and Sarah do the same job and are in contact several times every day.

• Like 12

12 minutes ago, Beckett said:

It's a wonderful day of sport for me today - rugby and football - oh yes.

Much better thanks ,hope you enjoy your day of sport Jane 🙂

Drag racing is my favorite sport

I'm just so amazed at how fast they all can run in them  heels.🙃

Have a good day everyone !

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

None of this is Sarah's fault. 

I hope you three can move on from this as there is only so many times you can 

do the decent thing and have acts of kindness thrown back in your face.

Time to move on my friend and be good to yourselves🙂

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, kalos said:

I hope you three can move on from this as there is only so many times you can 

do the decent thing and have acts of kindness thrown back in your face.

Time to move on my friend and be good to yourselves🙂

Thank you mate.

I hope you are feeling a lot better today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

We're both really sorry to hear that you've all had such a perturbing experience.

Even given the best will in the world, there's sometimes no fathoming the inner depths of some folk's minds... they're just so difficult to understand and deal with in any normal way. Thank goodness that the great majority of folk have the good grace, consideration and charity to be able to deal with these situations and move on with the determination to react by spreading a little joy and happiness where it's needed and appreciated!

We've just had to change that last line... the AI spelling bot thought that... "happiness" should appear as hippyness!

"Flower children?"... not quite our scene these days... although we once did have unisex jeans, cheesecloth shirts and at least one (then very, very trendy) Afghan coat... and we were known to have perfumed our flat with sandalwood incense. Naivety was bliss when we were so young... and innocent!

Apart from all that wander along memory lane... it's a very, very nice day, bright sunshine a couple of cotton-wool clouds in the far distance and a balmy 10˚C... why be so happy... well the forecast is for overcast and a wind blast. 

Today it's a delight that the weather folk have got it so wrong again! Look out garden... "Here we come!

(Ooops... the idea of a "second childhood of fun in the garden" has just crossed the mind... perhaps we do have inner "Flower Children!)

DSC_9051.thumb.jpeg.24d1615bf7e72594a62cc3135313ce83.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Dull and damp was the start of our weather here, then misty. My son requested a lift to Truro as it was raining, the rain turned torrential resulting lots of standing water. I called in at Tesco on my way back, as I wasn't going to go out again in that, and bumped into my daughter (literally). Now I'm home the rain has stopped, for now.   Typical!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Gill.

Her mam and dad are awful and were cruel to her and refused any contact with her for over 8 years.

What has upset her is they told neighbours 5 weeks before he died he was terminal but had not contacted her or us to apologise or let us know even though we live next door.

I opened our gates and moved my car to the top of the close when the ambulances and paramedic cars appeared in case they needed to take him out which they did and put him in the black coroner's van.

Pauline wrote a lovely Condolences card and popped it in their letterbox and she wrote nasty lies on the card and pushed it back through our letterbox.

I am sorry that that Sarah's parents are so cruel, especially at a time like this when families really need to support each other.  Sarah is fortunate that she has you and Pauline to support her through this awful time.

take care of Sarah and yourselves.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Gill.

How people can behave like that is quite beyond me.

Your Sarah is so very lucky that she has you and Pauline to lean on as this will stir up all sorts of emotions, both active and dormant, for her and for you and Pauline.

Take care.

Gill x

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Back in our favourite Italian.Voddie,swordfish,spinach ricotta cannelloni and dippers.What more can you ask for 😊.

20240315_1903412173.thumb.jpg.ce12663628923c811a993db0bb98f14d.thumb.jpg.515c57cabe87f05935753fc11a6d3792.jpg  

20240315_2013012172.thumb.jpg.8d9ddaa52a13664dd53fd6d96a226bec.thumb.jpg.b31fd0bc624551d3a4b559c9deaa49e2.jpg20240315_2013222171.thumb.jpg.b7c484025ab9fcd59187199ad525ea76.thumb.jpg.59937cc5bfac6220d3a841ee8f827f0a.jpg

Enjoy  !  🙂

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Well I am shattered and now sitting down with a large glass of wine and my feet up. OH the good soul that he is, is doing the clear up (and devouring the chocolate and key lime mix that’s left in the pots and bowls).

I have spent the last 5 hours baking. Rich man’s shortbread, key lime cake, rocky road and butter iced fairy cakes. We have an afternoon tea for a special family birthday tomorrow in the extended family so I said I would do a bit of baking for it. 

Its quite satisfying seeing it all come together. I don’t batch bake often now. I used to do it for scout events when my nephew was a member and for church socials but new rules mean things have to be prepared on the premises. Shame really.

I hope everything comes out now and I haven’t over boiled the toffee or added too much freshly squeezed lime!

• Like 15

37 minutes ago, kalos said:

20240315_1903412173.thumb.jpg.ce12663628923c811a993db0bb98f14d.thumb.jpg.515c57cabe87f05935753fc11a6d3792.jpg  

20240315_2013012172.thumb.jpg.8d9ddaa52a13664dd53fd6d96a226bec.thumb.jpg.b31fd0bc624551d3a4b559c9deaa49e2.jpg20240315_2013222171.thumb.jpg.b7c484025ab9fcd59187199ad525ea76.thumb.jpg.59937cc5bfac6220d3a841ee8f827f0a.jpg

Enjoy  !  🙂

Looks better now. I was getting a bit dizzy.🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

36 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well I am shattered and now sitting down with a large glass of wine and my feet up. OH the good soul that he is, is doing the clear up (and devouring the chocolate and key lime mix that’s left in the pots and bowls).

I have spent the last 5 hours baking. Rich man’s shortbread, key lime cake, rocky road and butter iced fairy cakes. We have an afternoon tea for a special family birthday tomorrow in the extended family so I said I would do a bit of baking for it. 

Its quite satisfying seeing it all come together. I don’t batch bake often now. I used to do it for scout events when my nephew was a member and for church socials but new rules mean things have to be prepared on the premises. Shame really.

I hope everything comes out now and I haven’t over boiled the toffee or added too much freshly squeezed lime!

Where are the pictures?.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Where are the pictures?.

They are not cut as yet so still cooling in the pans.

I haven’t put on the fairy cakes as they have the persons name and date of birth on.

IMG_0478.jpeg

Edited by Eglesbrech
  • Like 16

23 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

I haven’t put on the fairy cakes as they have the persons name and date of birth on.

IMG_0478.jpeg

Look yummy. Well done you.😁

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

All these lovely food posts are making me jealous.  We are having potatoes, carrots, asparagus, all steamed, and grilled pork steaks, no cakes or desserts.  I have managed to lose 16 lbs since the beginning of February by going to Slimming world though I was told not to lose any more this morning because I am  now 3 lbs below what they consider to be the minimum weight I should be for my height. 

We are going out for a family lunch tomorrow because DH's sister thinks that we should make more of an effort get together since I told her that my sisters and I go out for lunch once a month.

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

IMG_0478.jpeg

Recipe for key lime cake please Eglesbrech

My baking is still in the process of coming together.

After my trip to Truro this morning, it has been a bit like Piccadilly Circus, as it is OH's birthday. First one daughter called in, then my eldest daughter. My eldest son followed shortly afterwards, all with their partners and then another daughter arrived bringing my granddaughter's school blazer with her as well, to see if I could mend it, as a matter of urgency. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

All these lovely food posts are making me jealous.  We are having potatoes, carrots, asparagus, all steamed, and grilled pork steaks, no cakes or desserts.  I have managed to lose 16 lbs since the beginning of February by going to Slimming world though I was told not to lose any more this morning because I am  now 3 lbs below what they consider to be the minimum weight I should be for my height. 

We are going out for a family lunch tomorrow because DH's sister thinks that we should make more of an effort get together since I told her that my sisters and I go out for lunch once a month.

My weight is ideal....for an 8"3' gorilla

• Haha 13