P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 hours ago, Ardennais said:

They’re working dogs so that’s the difference! People can choose to have dogs in their own home, no problem. However years ago, you wouldn’t find many dogs in cafes and restaurants. They seem to be everywhere now and not just little dogs but huge ones! I find if very off putting when trying to eat.  

I agree, only dogs that should be allowed in are guide dogs and assistance dogs. One of the pub restaurants we used eat at, changed hands, new owners started allowing dogs in of all sizes, needless to say we don’t eat there anymore and looking at the reviews quite a few others have gone. When they advertise on FB about various offers often a number of comments about the dogs now being allowed in, it’s certainly hit their satisfaction ratings no longer 4.5 to 5 star reviews. 

• Like 2

We have a had a lovely warm sunny day.  All of our team won their games, I won my game 21 - 7.  We have extended our lead in table.  One of the men on our team told me that I was in the top 20 players in our league so I was happy about that even though when I looked I am actually 19th so only just there.  I will probably fall back a few places when I miss 3 games to go on our next cruise.  The men seem to be more interested in individual league standings than we ladies are.

• Like 7

We’ve had mostly sun here but also a very sudden downpour about midday and I had to go rushing out to get my washing in!

Later we went to visit Mum. She wanted to sit in the garden so out we went, so that was nice. Our son had gone to visit her when we were away. I had thought my sister might visit but she didn’t . She did get a couple of phone calls from them to say mum had had a couple of small falls but was ok.

Tomorrow we are having a belated Father’s Day dinner at our son’s. Looking forward to that and seeing our grandson of course. Hope they like the Albariño wine we’ve brought back from Vigo.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Oh we paid £25 each to attend a special sailaway outside the cookery club in an outside area overlooking the aft. The weather was stunning by then and we had a fun time. John was a bit grumpy about the cost at first (🙄🤣) but we were given a glass of fizz on arrival and at least four cocktails! Plus some canapés so we got our money’s worth! 
We were joined by another couple and had a good laugh with them. It was supposed to be an hour but we stayed for two!! So I didn’t take many photos. Here are a couple I did take 

IMG_1216.jpeg

IMG_1220.jpeg

IMG_1221.jpeg

IMG_1224.jpeg

Nice photos Sue.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

It started out as a nice sunny day and was very warm this morning, but went downhill as the day progressed.

Went to watch the carnival this evening and decided to put a jacket on as it had turned a bit chilly as the mist was coming in over Trencom.

Just a few photos, this year's theme was Myth and Legends.   

20240622_184118_resized.jpg

20240622_184250_resized.jpg

20240622_184350_resized.jpg

20240622_184408_resized.jpg

20240622_184503_resized.jpg

Edited by purplesea
  • Like 13

Good Morning Everyone

Thanks to @P&O SUE and @purplesea for some lovely photos. 

Sue, I'm glad you had a good break. You certainly deserved a getaway after your recent family stuff and, if the photos are anything to go by, it's served you well because you look great.

Warm to very warm weather expected this week so for everyone who enjoys the heat take care in the sun. For those of us who don't - stay in!

Good luck to Scotland tonight. I hope you get through boys.

Have a lovely Sunday all. Be well. Jane xx

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Morning everyone, hope all is good wherever you are .

Hope all you gardeners have managed to sort them out

before it gets to warm to work in them .

Every morning when I measure my allotment it seems slightly smaller.
I think I'm losing the plot.🙃😉

Take care 😊

• Haha 14

We have very strange weather this morning, looking north from the front of the house it is very grey but looking south from the back garden it is lovely blue sky and sun shine.

I suspect that DH will have the Scotland match on the tv this evening he likes to watch all of the matches for all of the UK nations.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 11

Morning all, clear blue sky and sunshine today finally! I’m just a little grumpy it’s going to be like this all week when John and I are back to work tomorrow! 

Jane, thank you for your kind words, @Beckett I’ll come back to you after a few days at work and falls from mum!

• Like 9

23 hours ago, brian1 said:

Morning all,big Deja vu moment.All packed,off to PI LGW tomorrow for 7am flight Monday to Bulgaria.7 day AI beach holiday courtesy of our compo from TUI with enough left over for half of a 7 day Marella cruise in July including Istanbul,big tick off our bucket list.If there is a Black sea tsunami or anything else you guys will be the first to know.

My friend has just booked a Marella cruise including Istanbul but I think she’s going this week! She does like to book last minute though.

I shall look forward to your report, have a great time with no incidents!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Morning everyone from my dull and dreary neck of the woods.

Thank you Jane for your nice comments on my photos. 

Have to go to Truro today for an MRI scan, which will be fun especially with all the roadworks we have in the area. 

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Sunday.

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Morning everyone from my dull and dreary neck of the woods.

Thank you Jane for your nice comments on my photos. 

Have to go to Truro today for an MRI scan, which will be fun especially with all the roadworks we have in the area. 

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Sunday.

Hope all goes well at your scan.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good Moaning

16C cloudy with sunny intervals at moment due to rise to 23C this afternoon. A day to finish of planting of some bedding plants I picked up relatively cheaply yesterday will fill a small gap.

Plant 2nd crop of French beans and beetroot seedlings, the red onion seedlings will go planter. 

Then will lay down weed matting and cover with gravel to put vegetable planter on. 

So a busy day ahead. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

My friend has just booked a Marella cruise including Istanbul but I think she’s going this week! She does like to book last minute though.

I shall look forward to your report, have a great time with no incidents!

Thanks Sue,I would have booked it this week but TUI are sending me 2 £100 vouchers in the post within 28 days.They haven't arrived yet so will have to book when we get back.Bit frustrating.Big fryup this morning,leaving at 12.30 and overnight TUI bag drop b4 checking in at PI.Brian.

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Good Moaning

16C cloudy with sunny intervals at moment due to rise to 23C this afternoon. A day to finish of planting of some bedding plants I picked up relatively cheaply yesterday will fill a small gap.

Plant 2nd crop of French beans and beetroot seedlings, the red onion seedlings will go planter. 

Then will lay down weed matting and cover with gravel to put vegetable planter on. 

So a busy day ahead. 

Didn’t realise Arthur Bostrom came on this site😁.

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all well.

I have just been catching up with all your posts, some lovely photos posted.

Richard’s mum & dad have been staying this weekend. We took them to the theatre Friday night to see Stepping Out and went to Blackpool Tower Circus yesterday.

There has been an Elmer (elephant)Trail in Blackpool last few weeks totalling about 50 Elmer elephants and there is an auction on Thursday selling them off. They are all painted in different designs. We went to look at them yesterday thinking we might bid but the starting bids are £1500!! So maybe not!!

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

IMG_1968.png

• Like 12