P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

I wondered if Graham and Pauline were away last weekend - the reason being that Graham didn't tell us about the Sunday service, which he normally does. 

If I'm right, and it turns out I should have been a detective, you can all congratulate me. If I'm wrong and it turns out I would make a good detective cry, you can all throw rotten tomatoes at me!

Wherever you are Graham, have a great day.

Best wishes. Jane.xx

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I wondered if Graham and Pauline were away last weekend - the reason being that Graham didn't tell us about the Sunday service, which he normally does. 

If I'm right, and it turns out I should have been a detective, you can all congratulate me. If I'm wrong and it turns out I would make a good detective cry, you can all throw rotten tomatoes at me!

Best wishes. Jane.xx

We could start a new game "Where's Graham" it might catch on and memes could be created or even jigsaws😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

23 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Best wishes. Jane.xx

I post the Sunday sermon  every week on the HAL fleet report's and daily Jane.

Graham x.

• Like 1

@Beckett

I'm glad the 'tooting' is going well, I had been wondering but was waiting for you to mention it. Frank didn't like me keep asking how he was doing at first, he said it annoyed him, so I thought I'd err on the side of caution with you. March 2nd it will be 4 years for him without even one thought about a cigarette after the first day. Keep it up Jane.

Avril

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I post the Sunday sermon  every week on the HAL fleet report's and daily Jane.

Graham x.

Rotten tomatoes for me then Graham. I thought I was on to something there! What's HAL Graham?

I'd like to read them.  Jane. Xx

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

@Beckett

I'm glad the 'tooting' is going well, I had been wondering but was waiting for you to mention it. Frank didn't like me keep asking how he was doing at first, he said it annoyed him, so I thought I'd err on the side of caution with you. March 2nd it will be 4 years for him without even one thought about a cigarette after the first day. Keep it up Jane.

Avril

Thanks Avril. I haven't said much because it's tempting fate a bit and I didn't want to bore you all. Let's say I'm cautiously optimistic that I can declare soon. I've really taken to the tooting - it's the hand to mouth action I think. Well done Frank for almost 4 years - that's a great achievement. Please tell Frank how I'm getting on - thanks to you both. Speak soon.  Jane.xx

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

It is not paranoid.  I have just told a (now ex-) friend that I don't appreciate her putting details about my private life on her Faceache, she told me that she did it because a mutual friend who also uses Faceache is going on a cruise so she decided to reply to him with details of my next cruise.  I have told her to take it down immediately.

When I was working I was the organisation's legal signatory and all manner of things went out under my name... including all HR matters.  Sometimes I had no idea about these matters until something went awry and it was me personally who was called to account by outside bodies. It wasn't a way to make friends! it was really important that my professional life was quite separate from our private and social lives... so no social media channels, low profile on the internet and we even went as far as avoiding restaurants in the location when I was based.

A niece was interested in genealogy and we were happy to help. In one of my regular cyber scans... I suddenly appeared on a family tree... along with my full name, date of birth, email address, house address, home telephone number and profession... about the only thing that was missing was my waist measurement.

A quick bit of research showed that the entire family's personal details had been "shared" in this way and there was absolutely nothing to stop anyone from seeing, taking and using the information. And... legally ... I had been made a "joint owner" of the site along with hundreds of thousands of others and so would have to sue myself!

I tracked down the server... it was in an office above a hardware shop in North London but nobody was ever seen the guy leasing the room. The server was remotely operated from a server in suburban house in Tel Aviv and that server was also remotely controlled by any device anywhere on earth by the owner who was only in Israel for a few months each year.

This wasn't a scam by an international organised crime gang. It was just a single, middle-aged bloke with some pretty good programming skills who thought that it would be a great way to create an international data-base that he could sell data to advertisers and companies who wanted to target specific demographics in particular areas. It was simply data capture. He had probably never considered how the information could be misused and probably seriously thought that a free genealogical package was a pretty generous reward for those who used it.

So some difficult conversations with said rather naive niece... (we did have to explain that I didn't work for the security services! We didn't even mention that one of her, now late, cousins did!) It was rather odd...  said niece seems to think that old uncle and auntie were some sort of fuddy-duddies who didn't understand how to switch on a VHS player let alone understand the dangers of cyberspace... despite the fact that we'd successfully mastered the changing world of IT as an integral part of our professions for decades. I had once been fluent in Fortran, basic and Pascal and even earned a mention in the World Computing Who's Who... when she was still in her pram.

New mobile numbers, new email addresses and so on. but not before we were receiving almost 80 emails a day... some simply advertising... others serious scam. 

So it's not paranoid... to be careful. It just make good sense. PS... still speaking to the niece!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

Thanks Avril. I haven't said much because it's tempting fate a bit and I didn't want to bore you all. Let's say I'm cautiously optimistic that I can declare soon. I've really taken to the tooting - it's the hand to mouth action I think. Well done Frank for almost 4 years - that's a great achievement. Please tell Frank how I'm getting on - thanks to you both. Speak soon.  Jane.xx

You've every right to be optimistic Jane. The hand to mouth action and the nicotine is all you need. Frank says 'If you've come this far without wanting and/or thinking about a cigarette then you're almost there. Come March 2nd we'll celebrate together, your first 6 weeks as a non-smoker and my 4 years. Well done Jane, you should feel proud of yourself'.

Avril

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

You've every right to be optimistic Jane. The hand to mouth action and the nicotine is all you need. Frank says 'If you've come this far without wanting and/or thinking about a cigarette then you're almost there. Come March 2nd we'll celebrate together, your first 6 weeks as a non-smoker and my 4 years. Well done Jane, you should feel proud of yourself'.

Avril

How kind you both are. 

Thanks Frank for the lovely words in your message of encouragement and thanks Avril for typing it.

March 2nd is a date Frank. 

Best wishes to you both.  Jane.xx

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Jennizor said:

Amazing colours Jody.

Thank you, I always look at the sunsets because I love the different colours, it amazes me how different they can be .  We are fortunate that we live quite high up and have unobstructed views over towards the city.

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok today.

It has been a lovely sunny day here but cold, no wind though which is always good.

Been to see a film with my mum & some friends this afternoon, Mrs Harris goes to Paris. Quite a good film, an easy watch.

Dogs walked & fed and I am now sat down with a coffee.

Hubby home late tonight, he is playing walking football. To see him afterwards walking you would think he had been playing in the premiership running around for 90 mins, he loves it though so that’s all that matters 

Have a good evening everyone 

Michelle

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Good afternoon everyone, hope you are all ok today.

It has been a lovely sunny day here but cold, no wind though which is always good.

Been to see a film with my mum & some friends this afternoon, Mrs Harris goes to Paris. Quite a good film, an easy watch.

Dogs walked & fed and I am now sat down with a coffee.

Hubby home late tonight, he is playing walking football. To see him afterwards walking you would think he had been playing in the premiership running around for 90 mins, he loves it though so that’s all that matters 

Have a good evening everyone 

Michelle

I'm reading Mrs Harris goes to Paris at the moment, only a couple of chapters in at the moment 😊

• Like 4