P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning everyone😊

A big change in the weather at the moment, dull, misty and a cool feeling 10c for us. It's supposed to get warm again later so🤞

I haven't watched the Eurovision for many years now, not since it became less about the actual songs/music and more about sympathy and/or making a political statement. However, I did see a clip on the news this morning of the UK entry, and I can totally understand the 0 points, it was absolutely dire. If that was an example of UK music today , then 'beam me up Scotty'🙉

I guess I'm just and old fashioned gal with a love of music😁

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you're up to, whether on land or sea.x

Avril

• Like 16

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning everyone😊

A big change in the weather at the moment, dull, misty and a cool feeling 10c for us. It's supposed to get warm again later so🤞

I haven't watched the Eurovision for many years now, not since it became less about the actual songs/music and more about sympathy and/or making a political statement. However, I did see a clip on the news this morning of the UK entry, and I can totally understand the 0 points, it was absolutely dire. If that was an example of UK music today , then 'beam me up Scotty'🙉

I guess I'm just and old fashioned gal with a love of music😁

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you're up to, whether on land or sea.x

Avril

I agree. It really isn’t a “song” contest now. It’s about everything else!

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, kalos said:

For those of us who stayed up until daft o'clock or fell asleep hoping to see 

the N L 😉

Here is a blast from the past when I was only 22 years old  which would be

the summer of 1978. Used to have a right giggle watching folk on

Top Of The Pops trying to dance this one .   Memories eh ? 😀

https://youtu.be/67K69Cxl49g?si=LwboRYz6LxdST3Z2

Catch you all later 🙂

Thanks for that kalos, I had completely forgotten that song so it is now an earworm.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good Morning Everyone

I'm not a Eurovision fan at all but I thought I'd watch it last night as I like Olly Alexander. Big mistake. I was embarrassed. Poor chap may just have scuppered his future career - I hope not because I think he's a talented guy. When did Eurovision become so politicised and sexualised - it's horrible! The best ever Eurovision for me was the year (2004?) when Michael Flatley was the half- time act. Anyone remember that?

@Angel57 Gill - sorry to hear Freddie's not well. I hope his indigestion passes quickly. Ted sends his best wishes to Freddie as well as me.

Very hot here today but I gather tomorrow is set for heavy rain. Who knows.

Have a great day everyone. Be well. Jane xx

• Like 17

2 hours ago, kalos said:

For those of us who stayed up until daft o'clock or fell asleep hoping to see 

the N L 😉

Here is a blast from the past when I was only 22 years old  which would be

the summer of 1978. Used to have a right giggle watching folk on

Top Of The Pops trying to dance this one .   Memories eh ? 😀

https://youtu.be/67K69Cxl49g?si=LwboRYz6LxdST3Z2

Catch you all later 🙂

And of course there was Andy Stewart and the northern lights of old Aberdeen.

That was one of the songs trotted out every single new year by someone during the “ wan singer, wan song” part of the festivities.

• Like 3

Poor Freddie

Have you tried a daily spoonful of Yakult?  Help build up his natural “friendly” gut bacteria.  Don’t think it could hurt, unless he is lactose intolerant.  There are soya or oat yoghurt or kefir alternatives if he is.

Pumpkin is reputed to be really good for gut issues, whichever end of the hard/soft spectrum is the problem

Anyway - hope he gets better very soon and both of you can cope with the exclusion diet

The weather is less “scorchio” today, with high cloud and a little niggly sea breeze that’s coming from somewhere cooler than here.  We’ve done our daily big walk and called in at a shoreside cafe for a lovely wholesome brunch (Sausage bap/fried eggs bap are wholesome, aren’t they?)

My sleep tracker records me as falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow at 9.15, and being in deep sleep for 1hr 18 minutes then, and sleeping for over 8 hours in total.  That’s a treat.  I don’t know if I’d be able to cope with walking 6 miles in 22°C every day though!

You can see from the above timings that I didn’t watch Eurovision.  I’ve never really liked it, not even in the Cliff/Sandie Shaw era.  There was a time I liked to dip in to hear Terry Wogan, but not the acts

It’s half gone now, but enjoy the rest of the day everyone.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

And of course there was Andy Stewart and the northern lights of old Aberdeen.

That was one of the songs trotted out every single new year by someone during the “ wan singer, wan song” part of the festivities.

Gosh yes - I remember it well.  I disembarked Arvia this morning and am now getting near to halfway home on the long trek to Glasgow on the coach.  My first try on one of the “biggies” and I must say I’m very impressed.  Loved having the bigger choice of dining venues and thought the  ship overall was lovely.   The Headliners’ shows were excellent and the staff helpful and friendly.   I can’t really find anything to fault.  Hope you are all having a good Sunday. 

• Like 12

On our way to Arvia, stuck in traffic on the M1 at Leicester Forest because of an accident. There's another road closure further south thatdriver told us about earlier, satnav is suggesting an arrival time of 4pm, but wwe haven't moved in 15 minutes ☹.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DamianG said:

We completely agree about the UK entry, good song but the staging spoiled it for us too.

We have not watched Eurovision for years now.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, vitrocmax said:

On our way to Arvia, stuck in traffic on the M1 at Leicester Forest because of an accident. There's another road closure further south thatdriver told us about earlier, satnav is suggesting an arrival time of 4pm, but wwe haven't moved in 15 minutes ☹.

Oh no I'm sorry to hear this.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vitrocmax said:

Oh no what a pain for you , I certainly hope it clears up soon for you and you start making progress, fingers crossed for you 🤞

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Poor Freddie

Have you tried a daily spoonful of Yakult?  Help build up his natural “friendly” gut bacteria.  Don’t think it could hurt, unless he is lactose intolerant.  There are soya or oat yoghurt or kefir alternatives if he is.

Pumpkin is reputed to be really good for gut issues, whichever end of the hard/soft spectrum is the problem

Anyway - hope he gets better very soon and both of you can cope with the exclusion diet

The weather is less “scorchio” today, with high cloud and a little niggly sea breeze that’s coming from somewhere cooler than here.  We’ve done our daily big walk and called in at a shoreside cafe for a lovely wholesome brunch (Sausage bap/fried eggs bap are wholesome, aren’t they?)

My sleep tracker records me as falling asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow at 9.15, and being in deep sleep for 1hr 18 minutes then, and sleeping for over 8 hours in total.  That’s a treat.  I don’t know if I’d be able to cope with walking 6 miles in 22°C every day though!

You can see from the above timings that I didn’t watch Eurovision.  I’ve never really liked it, not even in the Cliff/Sandie Shaw era.  There was a time I liked to dip in to hear Terry Wogan, but not the acts

It’s half gone now, but enjoy the rest of the day everyone.

Thanks. Sadly Freddie doesn’t do well with any form of dairy (apart from a little cheese). As a young dog, getting his food right was a nightmare and we tried everything. The last 5 years has been trouble free, but vet said that as they get older their intolerances can worsen. I’m not a fan of kibble at all, but if this sorts him out then I’ll be very happy. Pumpkin didn't suit him (his output is mostly perfect anyway), so I am hoping this prescription diet will just be short term to in order to allow the acid reflux to settle.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Good morning. Took ages to go to sleep last night. Partly because it was warm, partly looking unsuccessfully for the northern lights and partly watching the voting on Eurovision 🤣. The best bit is Graham Norton’s commentary but I still miss Terry Wogan doing it!

Freddie has had digestion issues recently and the vet has suggested a strict biscuit diet with no doggy treats or even his beloved carrot and cucumber for three weeks. So, I shall be good at the same time! But he is going to be an unhappy boy for a while 🐶🥲and I suspect my patience will be tested!

Another glorious start to the day, so a pleasant morning walk beckons.

Have a good Sunday everyone.

Gill x

Poor freddie and poor you because it’s you that has to deal with those sad puppy dog eyes I want my favourite food, hope he gets better soon 🐶

• Like 3

All clear now, we're moving again thankfully. There were just 2 cars involved and the damage, although significant enough to block  the M1 it looked like the occupants were ok.

Driver has revised the arrival time to nearer 4.30, which is the all aboard time.

• Like 13

We half stayed up last night watching the EV and finished watching it this morning and I really don’t understand why most of these acts they wear hardly any clothes and it’s turning into a sexual show with all their moves , call me old fashioned but why do we have to see men’s buttocks bending over and thrusting all over the place and as for the uk one ! No wonder it got 0 public points , my favourite was France , but I suppose we all got our views 🤔

• Like 12

🤞 for Freddie and the prescription diet

The wind (breeze) has changed direction, so a little solar therapy is on the cards.  Bet it changes again just as soon as I’ve put on some factor 30 and adjusted my chair

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Oh no I'm sorry to hear this.

13 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Oh no what a pain for you , I certainly hope it clears up soon for you and you start making progress, fingers crossed for you 🤞

Thanks for your messages, apparently the A34 is closed so we'll be having to use the M25 which had already added some extra time to the journey. 

The coach is comfortable and my wife is watching the football on SkyGo.

We've booked an early dining spot in the Olive Grove so we won't have much time to explore before dinner. Got a front facing cabin up on deck 14 so that's going to be interesting.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, vitrocmax said:

Thanks for your messages, apparently the A34 is closed so we'll be having to use the M25 which had already added some extra time to the journey. 

We've booked an early dining spot in the Olive Grove so we won't have much time to explore before dinner. Got a front facing cabin up on deck 14 so that's going to be interesting.

Have a fantastic time. 

Andy 

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

We half stayed up last night watching the EV and finished watching it this morning and I really don’t understand why most of these acts they wear hardly any clothes and it’s turning into a sexual show with all their moves , call me old fashioned but why do we have to see men’s buttocks bending over and thrusting all over the place and as for the uk one ! No wonder it got 0 public points , my favourite was France , but I suppose we all got our views 🤔

Yes I liked France, particularly the a acapello part. The Portuguese balled was nice too.

The Spanish leather nappies were indeed off putting as was the windows man sans anything!

The Croatian one was catchy so no surprise it got the majority of the public vote.

Graeme Norton mentioned all the near nudity as well. Not required and doesn’t add anything to the music (says the Grumpy, opinionated old woman from Scotland).

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Gosh yes - I remember it well.  I disembarked Arvia this morning and am now getting near to halfway home on the long trek to Glasgow on the coach.  My first try on one of the “biggies” and I must say I’m very impressed.  Loved having the bigger choice of dining venues and thought the  ship overall was lovely.   The Headliners’ shows were excellent and the staff helpful and friendly.   I can’t really find anything to fault.  Hope you are all having a good Sunday. 

Glad you had a good cruise. It’s always nice to read positive feedback.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, vitrocmax said:

All clear now, we're moving again thankfully. There were just 2 cars involved and the damage, although significant enough to block  the M1 it looked like the occupants were ok.

Driver has revised the arrival time to nearer 4.30, which is the all aboard time.

At least your on a coach and not travelling by car that would be even more stressful! Hopefully the driver will make up some time. Enjoy your cruise 🙂

• Like 4

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

In October we stayed in the 

Lake Buenavista village resort and spa.

It is well worth looking at as TUI, Virgin etc use them and the US daily service charges are waived.

The suites have 2 bedrooms,2 bathrooms a large balcony, Fridge,cooker, microwave,washer and dryer and large balcony.

We are booked again for our next visit.

Thanks for posting this Graham. They once stayed at Floridays along the newer part of I-Drive and although the accommodation was similar to what you describe (and I thought it was lovely), they really wanted to be on Disney property, and so for their last visit in 2019 that was what I arranged.

My friend’s daughter and grandson have always been early risers and so they were able to use the Disney transportation system and all meet up in the parks much later. They had a 2-bedroom villa at Disney’s Old Key West resort and they would like the same again but the cost is eye-watering! The other option is 2 rooms at somewhere like Port Orleans with the Disney Dining plan. I’ve costed them all up, but I think they will go for Old Key West again, mostly because it was perfect for them last time, but also it’s because what my late friend would have chosen again.

I made a note of your accommodation the last time you went, because if ever we need somewhere else to stay to eke out our Disney Vacation club points, it might come in useful so thank you 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, vitrocmax said:

Good news.

Hopefully the rest of your journey is trouble free.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Thanks for posting this Graham. They once stayed at Floridays along the newer part of I-Drive and although the accommodation was similar to what you describe (and I thought it was lovely), they really wanted to be on Disney property, and so for their last visit in 2019 that was what I arranged.

My friend’s daughter and grandson have always been early risers and so they were able to use the Disney transportation system and all meet up in the parks much later. They had a 2-bedroom villa at Disney’s Old Key West resort and they would like the same again but the cost is eye-watering! The other option is 2 rooms at somewhere like Port Orleans with the Disney Dining plan. I’ve costed them all up, but I think they will go for Old Key West again, mostly because it was perfect for them last time, but also it’s because what my late friend would have chosen again.

I made a note of your accommodation the last time you went, because if ever we need somewhere else to stay to eke out our Disney Vacation club points, it might come in useful so thank you 👍

The resort is on SR535 overlooking the Lake Buenavista shopping mall.

They also had a free Disney shuttle but we never used it.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, vitrocmax said:

Hope you get there soon and have a lovely cruise. Last nights return to Southampton was very smooth so should be similar tonight. I liked the Olive Grove very much and went twice. 

• Like 2