P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Good morning everyone it’s bright and sunny here and 12o at the moment.

Megabear my thoughts are with you for your great aunt, a silent prayer then raise a glass to her privately for reaching a grand age of 99 .

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Morning, hope everyone is OK this morning. 

Middle of the week again gives you the option to look back at the weekend or look forward to the coming one.

Whichever you choose have a good day today and take care😊

• Like 14

Been very busy this weekend, I’m all packed for my very first fly cruise, luggage labels attached, travel folder in correct order of hotel stays and car pickups, all travel money sorted , at the moment Tokyo’s temperature for next week is in mid 25 and Alaska down to 5 with high as 12 , so packing has been a bit of a pickle with all sorts of clothes and struggling with the weight of the cases 25 kg going out but 23 coming back !! Obviously I’ll have to sell some of my clothes while I’m there 😂 . So this weeks the normal housework and hair and nails time and the weekend free to relax, only one bad thing I’ve done is I have already pack my husband’s evening jackets so he’s going to have to do some ironing when he unpacks them 🥴 .

Have a lovely day all , hope it’s sunshine where you are and hope you are all well , and those feelings poorly get better soon.

• Like 21

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Been very busy this weekend, I’m all packed for my very first fly cruise, luggage labels attached, travel folder in correct order of hotel stays and car pickups, all travel money sorted , at the moment Tokyo’s temperature for next week is in mid 25 and Alaska down to 5 with high as 12 , so packing has been a bit of a pickle with all sorts of clothes and struggling with the weight of the cases 25 kg going out but 23 coming back !! Obviously I’ll have to sell some of my clothes while I’m there 😂 . So this weeks the normal housework and hair and nails time and the weekend free to relax, only one bad thing I’ve done is I have already pack my husband’s evening jackets so he’s going to have to do some ironing when he unpacks them 🥴 .

Have a lovely day all , hope it’s sunshine where you are and hope you are all well , and those feelings poorly get better soon.

That sounds like an amazing trip, post pictures if you get chance.

Have a fantastic time

Michelle

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Bon Voyage @Purdey16

I hope the flights go smoothly; I’m sure the cruise will be super

Look forward to hearing about it

Here’s the bear we saw in Alaska - as close as if you were looking out of your bedroom window!

Have fun!

Dull sort of day here, but dry, so I guess we’ll have to be content with that

22FDA343-FCF3-4702-A7C2-2F84316FF7C2.thumb.jpeg.71b86887674f546e66da11471eeb278a.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon.

It is sunny and 18°C here.

I have been working today and Pauline was with me.

We then went to Wynyard Hall gardens for lunch then we popped along to the beach.

IMG_20240515_133758.jpg

Screenshot_20240515_150930_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

• Like 13

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

It’s a sunny morning here, hubby just walked the dogs and he says it feels quite warm.

I am meeting friends for coffee this morning in a lovely cafe where they make their own scones every day in different flavours. I can verify they are lovely but my waistline could definitely do without them!!!

After that it will be dog walking and then a trip to the gym to try counteract the earlier scones.

Have a nice day everyone whatever you are doing

Michelle

• Like 11

I’m here Graham still for a few days , just of to solicitors to sign our new will after the draft was finished then a coffee and cake in town to pass some time then off to get my nails done as I’m hopeless at painting them myself.

Its dry and a little cloudy and temp 13 with a chance of some rain today, hope not because I’m on the bus today as my daughter is using our car while hers is in for repairs, both daughters and family are off to the Swiss alps next week.

• Like 10

Morning all.

It’s dry and mild, if not exactly roasting, but the nagging wind has dropped so we’re going to use our bus passes and spend a few hours at the coast

The fish man at the market had local grey mullet yesterday.  Smashing, with English asparagus and Jersey royals.  A drop of olive oil/lemon dressing worked with all.

Enjoy your dayABCE5EA6-2A78-4A19-B95A-CD8584B947E9.thumb.jpeg.b077716b01198b39306a2055baad2f5e.jpeg

705004D0-9748-4182-8C59-466C30C5990D.thumb.jpeg.efc69ecc26c65dab50113e0bc5226601.jpeg

• Like 14

Good morning all.  Well so far I've not brought the rain up north with me but there is a shower forecast around midday.  Fingers crossed for the good going to last and that Dutch Decoy finally gets his head in front for a much deserved win.  Hopefully lovely York will be lucky. 

Hope everyone is in good health and had a restful night.  Wherever you are, whatever your plans have a great day and may the sun shine for us all!

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Came 11th😩

Jockey had him perfectly well placed turning in to the straight, but once the race got going in earnest he started hanging and never looked like getting in the thick of things. Maybe needs a rest. I’m sure Megabear will be disappointed but at least she’s got plenty of cruises to look forward to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Grandad John said:

Jockey had him perfectly well placed turning in to the straight, but once the race got going in earnest he started hanging and never looked like getting in the thick of things. Maybe needs a rest. I’m sure Megabear will be disappointed but at least she’s got plenty of cruises to look forward to.

Yes, a rest is now on the cards.  Hopefully back for the July Festival at Newmarket - he loves the July Course.  He has had three races in quick succession and the general opinion is that he wasn't too happy today.  Funnily enough for a northern trained horse he seems to prefer the southern tracks!

Not too disappointed, as always just glad to see him safely back from his exploits.  Good to know he seems fine and lives to fight another day.

Now going to rush home tomorrow to do the packing, normally stop off in Leeds to visit the family but am snubbing them this time!

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

Well it’s scorching hot here today so I’ve been out in the garden weeding, weed killing the drive way and generally tidying up.

We got a new hot composter (refuse to pay the new charge for garden waste collection!) and have been filling it with the grass cutting and stirring once a week. Well I opened the lid today and was nearly knocked out by the smell of ammonia, it stank. I’ve looked up some gardening advice and apparently I dont have enough “brown” material and all “green” like grass cutting will smell.

So I emptied the shredder contents into the bin, mixed and watered a tiny bit, several hours later and the smell is gone. Are any of you expert composters, anything else I need to know? (Ps I’m not putting any food waste in as we do get a collection for that and I don’t want to attract vermin).

Edited by Eglesbrech
Weeding not wedding
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

I’m here Graham still for a few days , just of to solicitors to sign our new will after the draft was finished then a coffee and cake in town to pass some time then off to get my nails done as I’m hopeless at painting them myself.

Its dry and a little cloudy and temp 13 with a chance of some rain today, hope not because I’m on the bus today as my daughter is using our car while hers is in for repairs, both daughters and family are off to the Swiss alps next week.

I hope you have a nice day and a fantastic cruise in a few days time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It has been raining here all afternoon so I just texted our bowling captain to see if tonight's match was off.  She said that she has called the opposing captain and was told "the rules say that both teams have to turn up and then the captains can make a decision before the game starts. 

We all know the rule but common sense says playing on grass will be slippery so there is a high chance of someone slipping and hurting themselves.

• Like 4