P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Not dis-similar to where we are at the moment, apart from the hotel building and pool (there is snooker in the bar though).

We will be there soon ----- just praying the weather holds out. We had new furniture for our decking in early March and have only used it for half an hour at most. Hoping we all get some decent weather before the school holidays begin.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, sorry haven’t had time to read the thread. My mum has been in hospital since Tuesday night so it’s all been rather stressful. She’s on oxygen and antibiotics but they’re hopeful she won’t be in there for too long. It was a bit touch and go at first. Everyone at the Home says they miss her!

Sorry to hear about your Mum. Hopefully she will recover soon. Sending you all best wishes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

It has been an interesting morning in our little corner of the world.  I answered the door to find our MP and our local councillor wanting to speak to me about the proposed change of use for the house next to us that currently has a planning notice attached.  The councillor has asked the MP to look at the situation because I and another resident have been asking him to get involved and he thinks that having the MP onboard will carry more weight with the planning department.

The MP has said that he agrees that a care home is impractical in the proposed position so he can now raise it with higher authorities.  Hopefully a closer look at the position will ensue.

• Like 18

An absolutely fabulous day here in sunny Glasgow 😎. Now there’s a change.  Forecast 24 degrees!   I’m feeling very indulgent at the moment.  Having returned from Arvia on Sunday I’m flying tomorrow to meet my daughter for a week in a hotel in a Spain.   Home after that until September though to enjoy my garden over the summer.  
Take care everyone and enjoy your weekend. 

• Like 14

4 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, sorry haven’t had time to read the thread. My mum has been in hospital since Tuesday night so it’s all been rather stressful. She’s on oxygen and antibiotics but they’re hopeful she won’t be in there for too long. It was a bit touch and go at first. Everyone at the Home says they miss her!

Hope you mum feels better and is home soon

Michelle

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thinking of you @P&O SUE

It’s nice that her new home are thinking nice thoughts about her.  In my very limited experience care home staff are wonderfully kind and patient 

It’s a horrible day here, with a Met Office warning for thunderstorms and torrential rain.  I don’t think I’m being over-dramatic in saying this little part of the country has fared very badly for weather this year.  Hardly a 2 or 3 day period of pleasant settled weather

We did have a good day yesterday and enjoyed our Roman Aqueduct guided walk.  However, the FitBit read 7.4 miles total walked, so unsurprisingly we’re all a bit tired today, including the dog!  We’ve been out this morning though, and clocked up our routine 10,000 steps

Here’s a pic.  We are so lucky to live so close to views like this, and the history is a bonus

17148887-8026-40A6-BBCC-B63A75643537.thumb.jpeg.e55342dab268a9a64a40a23b5df66d54.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Thinking of you @P&O SUE

It’s nice that her new home are thinking nice thoughts about her.  In my very limited experience care home staff are wonderfully kind and patient 

It’s a horrible day here, with a Met Office warning for thunderstorms and torrential rain.  I don’t think I’m being over-dramatic in saying this little part of the country has fared very badly for weather this year.  Hardly a 2 or 3 day period of pleasant settled weather

We did have a good day yesterday and enjoyed our Roman Aqueduct guided walk.  However, the FitBit read 7.4 miles total walked, so unsurprisingly we’re all a bit tired today, including the dog!  We’ve been out this morning though, and clocked up our routine 10,000 steps

Here’s a pic.  We are so lucky to live so close to views like this, and the history is a bonus

17148887-8026-40A6-BBCC-B63A75643537.thumb.jpeg.e55342dab268a9a64a40a23b5df66d54.jpeg

Dog looks bored.

12 minutes ago, Beckett said:

@P&O SUE Sorry to hear your mum is poorly Sue. I wish her better and hopefully she gets discharged very soon. How lovely that they miss her from the care home. Jane xx

Hi Jane,I think you'll need 2 claret and blue eyebrows tomorrow.We need some support as well although we'll still be 9th whatever.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Have just returned from a fabulous 2 week break in Pafos, Cyprus so lots of reading on here and catching up with what you've all been up to for the last 2 weeks or more. 

20240514_112738.thumb.jpg.0eaa686c2b831bdc0ef40e264e6234d6.jpg

20240505_193754.jpg

20240505_195347.jpg

20240506_190811.jpg

20240507_192117.jpg

20240513_181700.jpg

Looks very much like Pioneer Beach ? Lucky you, my favourite Paphos hotel!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, July morning said:

lovely photos Megabear, it 26degrees here all the windows and doors are open.  We've had a nice spell of good sunny weather for about 10 days so far long may it continue 🙂

We are awaiting thunderstorms from Wales with a yellow warning.  Nice and warm at the moment and grass has been mowed and weeding completed for the first time in 3 weeks!  I have over 100 roses in the gardens and the earliest bloom is normally the first week in April - Grandpa Dickson.  We always have roses in bloom as I've learned which bloom later to ensure lots of blooms until early November.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, silkworms said:

Looks very much like Pioneer Beach ? Lucky you, my favourite Paphos hotel!

Spot on !! It is a beauty isn't it! 

Put that hotel chain The Constantinou Bros in charge of a cruise line and they'd be difficult to beat!!

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Roses, someone wanted roses.  I can offer you these currently in my garden!

20240518_144221.jpg

20240518_144155.jpg

20240518_144118.jpg

20240518_144109.jpg

20240518_144034.jpg

20240518_144049.jpg

20240518_144054.jpg

20240518_144100.jpg

20240518_144031.jpg

20240518_144020.jpg

20240518_144011.jpg

20240518_144006.jpg

20240518_143957.jpg

I recognise the blue rose, Blue For You. I have it as a standard and it was the first to flower. What are the small bi-colour roses they're really pretty?

Avril

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Thinking of you @P&O SUE

22°C and sunny here.

17160453648274160991354420099232.jpg

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I recognise the blue rose, Blue For You. I have it as a standard and it was the first to flower. What are the small bi-colour roses they're really pretty?

Avril

They are "Eye" Rose's.  Yellow one is Eye of the Tiger, mauve one is In Your Eyes and the last one is Eyes on You.  I have a climber not yet out which is called For Your Eyes Only.

You are correct on Blue for You. Mine is a standard too.  We love standard roses and have twelve of them. The earliest to flower is a very old variety Canary Bird and it is a weeping standard.

• Like 3

I have been bowling this afternoon and lost my game.  I actually played a man that I knew from work and his attitude has not changed, he is still still an unpleasant chauvinist.  The way that he yelled at his partner when she was playing her game was disgusting, if my husband called me "a silly *****" even in private he would not be my life for long.

• Like 14

20 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

They are "Eye" Rose's.  Yellow one is Eye of the Tiger, mauve one is In Your Eyes and the last one is Eyes on You.  I have a climber not yet out which is called For Your Eyes Only.

You are correct on Blue for You. Mine is a standard too.  We love standard roses and have twelve of them. The earliest to flower is a very old variety Canary Bird and it is a weeping standard.

Thank you. I love roses too. We have six standard and twelve bush, some are floribunda which are my favourite, and hybrid tea. I've been lucky enough to still have  three of dad's roses that must be about  sixty years old, thick, gnarled stems, but still flowering.🤞

I'll research the eye roses, they seen to be a nice low growing rose for front of border.

Avril

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Thank you. I love roses too. We have six standard and twelve bush, some are floribunda which are my favourite, and hybrid tea. I've been lucky enough to still have  three of dad's roses that must be about  sixty years old, thick, gnarled stems, but still flowering.🤞

I'll research the eye roses, they seen to be a nice low growing rose for front of border.

Avril

We.must be of the same.mindset!  My front garden is lined with my Mum and Dad's roses and a couple are over 70 years old.  They never need a lot of care  a wash down with Fairy Liquid a couple of times a year.

I started my collection when we first got married in our small maisonette garden and they sort of multiplied. I keep saying I've no room but still find room when the impulse takes me.  I seek out roses with names of family members and for some reason the family keeps growing - two more babies due in June and September so no doubt two more no room roses.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3