P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

27 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Wasn't it Nicola who first introduced 10:00pm closing, why are you not ranting about her as well, and that nice Labour leader of the Welsh assembly?

Perhaps because I’m more concerned about what’s going on here than in Scotland or Wales, particularly when it makes no sense at all.

1 hour ago, Gettingwarmer said:

Love the Inn on the Lake. Stayed there three times and it has the mos fantastic views. Bit far for us to travel at the moment but maybe again one day. Sigh 

We call here around about every 6 weeks for something to eat usually late afternoon after a day trip to the Lake District.

We had a room once overlooking the lake and there was a fantastic meteor shower at night.

Graham 

18 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Perhaps because I’m more concerned about what’s going on here than in Scotland or Wales, particularly when it makes no sense at all.

Maybe where we are going wrong is everyone tells us what is wrong but no one gives us 

what should be done .:classic_unsure:

I will start by what we could do if you had seven people in your house :classic_smile:

Nan.jpg.9c415ca355e21b60b1d74b352d0a36f8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

Maybe where we are going wrong is everyone tells us what is wrong but no one gives us 

what should be done .:classic_unsure:

I will start by what we could do if you had seven people in your house :classic_smile:

Nan.jpg.9c415ca355e21b60b1d74b352d0a36f8.jpg

And I'll add to that by suggesting a way for any number of families or individuals to meet together quite legally - just arrange to meet in the local Covid testing queue.

For local, of course, I mean Barnard Castle.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I think openreach will do the last bit ,that's if you do upgrade to "Fibre"

There is no point in replacing something that is not going to be used I would guess.

Did you see my post on the Sky disability helpline John ? 

John has fibre kalos. Fttc means fibre to the cabinet which is the little greeen box at end of your road. 
If Bt were to replace it all with fttp which is fibre to the premise then John would have to move to Bt or another small local provider for that. Sky don’t currently do that one as it costs a hell of a lot to put it. They will however jump on the bandwagon as soon as they can do it cheap enough just like they did when fibre was first in the U.K.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Well, just back from Walton on the Naze, not sure they have superfast broadband yet but I am pleased to announce they now have electricity, although they are still putting a shilling in the meter.. 

Andy 

Hope you had a good time Andy and you did not damage any of those gaslight mantles

in the caravan .:classic_wink:

I used to like caravans lit with them ,very cosy :classic_smile:

• Like 3

Oh kalos, you have just reminded me of my childhood summer holidays , always every year my mum would take us away on holiday to Weymouth in a caravan with those gas lights and I can hear the noise they made now , and I remember a bucket in the middle of the caravan for toilet trips during the night ( my brothers jobs in the morning for emptying ) I got away with it being so young 😂

• Like 5

Well tomorrow I pick up the keys to a winter beach hut hire until 19 th March next year on Southbourne beach Bournemouth so moving my kitchen sink in tomorrow 😂 fish and chips on order for tomorrow’s dinner over looking the sea which has at the moment 6 cruise ships docked out , I will take a photo of my view and hopefully be able to post on here tomorrow night , I think I worked it out to put a picture on cc , only taken me a few years 🤣

• Like 8

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Wasn't it Nicola who first introduced 10:00pm closing, why are you not ranting about her as well, and that nice Labour leader of the Welsh assembly?

No. It was proposed in England by Boris first and enacted before the rules here in Scotland which only apply from today.

The only difference here is that people can’t move from a pub to a home because that is now illegal. No mixing of households in private houses, you can meet in the garden but only if you have your thermals as it is now very, very cold up here.🥶

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I am with Sky and have been for so long that I am now a Diamond status VIP. But I learned many years ago that I need to talk to them at least annually as they apply inflation rises and negotiate a better deal. I usually end up with a lower price than before their increase, and have managed to keep it around the same sort of level for the last 10 years, even though I have had upgradrs and also fibre, then superfast fibre and now have Sky Q. It's rather like insurance, you should never just accept the new increase without researching and quoting competition.

I agree. I recently signed up for another 18 month contract with Sky and am now paying around 30% less for the same package minus Netflix which we didn’t really watch.

46 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Found this while deleting pictures, probably recycled from Kalos or Graham? 

Still made me smile... 😊

Andy 

Screenshot_20200925_195358.jpg

I got Wowzz to jet wash it for me ,looks great and we are nearly ready for bookings .

So will be taking Christmas & New Year bookings for our 2029 season ! :classic_smile:

Not long now folks :classic_unsure:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3