P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Received the news that one of our granddaughters has tested positive for Covid, she was already self isolating due to the bubble in her year at school having a case, was unwell on Sunday night, was tested 11.30 yesterday, result early hours this morning. 

Her brother has been self isolating multiple times since half term in October due to cases in his year. 

Perhaps it’s time to close schools again until after Christmas, especially if the children are in and out of school anyway. 

sorry to hear that snow hill , I hope she recovers quite quickly and no other members in her family get it , my daughter has the Sam problem in her school with 3 children in different classes and has had to have them at home from school several times teaching them , sometimes the kids like it and sometimes they don’t and they want to get back to school , I hope she’s not too poorly with it .

• Like 3

3 hours ago, brian1 said:

Sorry,I just put a laughing emoji on your post by mistake.I was just scrolling past the emojis and it popped up.Another "great" innovation with this new format and it can't be removed.

It can be removed bro. If you click on the x next to the emoji you can remove it and add a different one. That's on my laptop though, I don't know if it's the same on another device .

Sis

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Once a like is selected ,I can go back to the 💙 hover over it and a "x" appears inviting me to remove and reselect one of the 3 choices available .

Have a play with it Brian ,you never know :classic_wink:

Morning kalos!! I see I'm playing catch up again. Note to self, ''Must read CC earlier''😁

Nope, It's afternoon😏

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
oops
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Received the news that one of our granddaughters has tested positive for Covid, she was already self isolating due to the bubble in her year at school having a case, was unwell on Sunday night, was tested 11.30 yesterday, result early hours this morning. 

Her brother has been self isolating multiple times since half term in October due to cases in his year. 

Perhaps it’s time to close schools again until after Christmas, especially if the children are in and out of school anyway. 

Sorry to hear about your grandchildren. I hope they will be alright. I think you could be right about schools, since they went back we're hearing more and more about children contracting the virus.  

Avril

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Sorry to hear this Snow Hill.

Hopefully it is only a very mild infection.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It's not changed much Harry😉

Avril

I liked it as a kid.  Grandparents there, as you know. 

There was/is a dyke at the end of Station Road, which an arm would come out of and grab you if you went near it. That's what my father was told, and he never went near it! 

Harry

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I liked it as a kid.  Grandparents there, as you know. 

There was/is a dyke at the end of Station Road, which an arm would come out of and grab you if you went near it. That's what my father was told, and he never went near it! 

Harry

You can't say things like that now Harry,not PC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear this Snow Hill.

Hopefully it is only a very mild infection.

Thanks, it appears that might be the case in message to my wife, her grandma, she said she wasn’t felling too bad, Sunday & Monday were the worst, so hopefully mild symptoms and hopefully the rest family avoid it if possible. 

• Like 2

For those mentioning schools - not to start a discussion but to show what schools are being asked to do once the schools 'break up' for Christmas. Basically to stay on call for the first 6 days to support track and trace. This, for  most schools will take you to 4pm on Christmas Eve. The wording from the DFE as follows - I make no comment.

We recognise the challenges of this responsibility at the end of term. Public Health England has agreed a 6 day window after the final day of teaching in which schools and further education providers are asked to remain contactable so they can assist with contact tracing where necessary. This will allow enough time for positive coronavirus (COVID-19) cases to be identified and confirmed by a test and for relevant contacts in the education setting to be traced. We are clear that beyond 6 days after the final day of teaching, school and further education staff are not asked to play a role in any contact tracing. It is also likely that the need to support the tracing process will reduce dramatically over the course of the 6 days as the majority of cases should be identified earlier in the week.

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1