P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 minutes ago, davecttr said:

THAT CAT FROM DOWN THE ROAD 😠

That black cat is still stalking the birdies, friends suggested remedies include a water pistol, half brick on a ballistic trajectory, or having a quiet word with a mutual friend who shoots peasants, oops pheasants 😈 I am starting with lots of chicken wire and those spikey things you put on the top of fences. The main problem is half the fences are owned by a neighbour with a cat or two.

Super soaker is more effective 😈

Or more humane, plant rue

Or get lion manure from the local zoo or safari park, the smell of the big cat keeps them away

Could you speak to the owner and get them to our a bell on the cats collar?

7 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Super soaker is more effective 😈

Or more humane, plant rue

Or get lion manure from the local zoo or safari park, the smell of the big cat keeps them away

Could you speak to the owner and get them to our a bell on the cats collar?

Its not the neighbours cat, it is the huge black one from down the road which terrifies all the other cats. Will an actual lion work as well 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Its not the neighbours cat, it is the huge black one from down the road which terrifies all the other cats. Will an actual lion work as well 😉

It will. However, you may then have the small problem that the lion eats you instead of the birds.😂

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 4

Cat deterrent

Dave - do you have a fence all round and can you access its top?  If so there is a simple anti-intruder device for the cats.  It’s just a single strand of wire fixed so that it’s in the centre of the 2-3” “depth” of the panel and about 2” above.

I hope I’ve described that sufficiently well

Here it is mentioned in the RSPB website

https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/advice/gardening-for-wildlife/animal-deterrents/cats-and-garden-birds/cat-deterrents/

It’s an age-old problem.  I love cats but hate their hunting instincts.  

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

THAT CAT FROM DOWN THE ROAD 😠

That black cat is still stalking the birdies, friends suggested remedies include a water pistol, half brick on a ballistic trajectory, or having a quiet word with a mutual friend who shoots peasants, oops pheasants 😈 I am starting with lots of chicken wire and those spikey things you put on the top of fences. The main problem is half the fences are owned by a neighbour with a cat or two.

A super soaker works a treat.

6 hours ago, DamianG said:

N222 - we're on that one too. Ventura is our least favourite P&O ship but we like the aft cabins too and also the aft pool for our son.

In particular, the itinerary suits us perfectly especially with the inclusion of Cadiz (my wife's favourite port) and Lisbon on the way home:

Madeira

La Palma

Tenerife

Gran Canaria

Lanzarote

Cadiz

Lisbon

Fingers crossed we sail with no restrictions by then.

Yes, 20th August ! Are you in an aft cabin? If you have B749 can we swap ... ha ha ha ha

Looks like we have someone on here to meet up with after all. Now all we need to do is get the rest to join us 😉

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

If anyone has the DRAMA channel the episode from Keeping up appearances where they go on a cruise on the QE2 has just come on. Classic ----- you have got to watch this 😉

One of the best things on TV ever!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

If anyone has the DRAMA channel the episode from Keeping up appearances where they go on a cruise on the QE2 has just come on. Classic ----- you have got to watch this 😉

Absolutely hilarious.. 

On Oceana last year it was the only thing on the telly, repeated continuously. 

'You pay all that money and they expect you to eat with the crew'.. 😊

Andy 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Absolutely hilarious.. 

On Oceana last year it was the only thing on the telly, repeated continuously. 

'You pay all that money and they expect you to eat with the crew'.. 😊

Andy 

Just finished and we howled laughing and clapped ---- loved every second of this and it has helped to just chill straight away this weekend. Made us think of Oceana and our first very special  cruise on her and even shared a toast to her mid way  through the episode ............... sniff

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Cat deterrent

Dave - do you have a fence all round and can you access its top?  If so there is a simple anti-intruder device for the cats.  It’s just a single strand of wire fixed so that it’s in the centre of the 2-3” “depth” of the panel and about 2” above.

I hope I’ve described that sufficiently well

Here it is mentioned in the RSPB website

https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/advice/gardening-for-wildlife/animal-deterrents/cats-and-garden-birds/cat-deterrents/

It’s an age-old problem.  I love cats but hate their hunting instincts.  

I will check that out, would it be better to electrify it 🐈🔥

Anyway, another miserable rainy day in Stoke on Trent. We really do need some snow to make it all look pretty or something. Everywhere is just so gloomy. Work all week and then the weekends nowhere to go and it is dark and miserable. Am feeling a miserable Eeyore today ..

Oh and the Government announce new changes on the TV on a Friday during the day and schools are expected to be telepathic and know on a Saturday (without guidance) what we are doing on Monday. Parents rightfully asking and us looking stupid because we have not heard from the Govt. Just infuriating - have they learned nothing or even listened to feedback ?

Last moan now - off to research cruise destinations for cruises we have booked. They are in 2022 so who knows what will happen but I can have fun dreaming if nothing else 😉

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Anyway, another miserable rainy day in Stoke on Trent. We really do need some snow to make it all look pretty or something. Everywhere is just so gloomy. Work all week and then the weekends nowhere to go and it is dark and miserable. Am feeling a miserable Eeyore today ..

Oh and the Government announce new changes on the TV on a Friday during the day and schools are expected to be telepathic and know on a Saturday (without guidance) what we are doing on Monday. Parents rightfully asking and us looking stupid because we have not heard from the Govt. Just infuriating - have they learned nothing or even listened to feedback ?

Last moan now - off to research cruise destinations for cruises we have booked. They are in 2022 so who knows what will happen but I can have fun dreaming if nothing else 😉

They don't listen to feedback or emails.

I went to my barbers on Tuesday and he said they are getting new directions every other day regarding trimming men's beards.

Fortunately I only needed a haircut.

We both were reading the government guidelines and agreed they can be interpreted in many ways and they advise a lot but it is unclear whether certain things are illegal or not.

It is cold,misty and raining here.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

They don't listen to feedback or emails.

I went to my barbers on Tuesday and he said they are getting new directions every other day regarding trimming men's beards.

Fortunately I only needed a haircut.

We both were reading the government guidelines and agreed they can be interpreted in many ways and they advise a lot but it is unclear whether certain things are illegal or not.

Graham.

We get new directives all of the time and we hear about them from the newspapers or T.V. news.

Oh well, if we can all get to the end of term safe and well that is a good term 🙂

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Thanks for that! Lined up for tonight. I saw your post the other day but didn’t realise Drama was a Freeview channel too.

Also on Britbox, the only TV we pay for. And that was only for Spitting Image, which has been pretty dreadful. So much potential, so little delivered. Far too many American characters on it, to help American sales, weak scripts, too many second rate celebrities. What a let down, compared with the original. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Looking forward to Hyacinth on the QE2 though, so thanks again!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

Looking forward to Hyacinth on the QE2 though, so thanks again!

We recorded it as well. We used to have it recorded but when we upgraded our box we lost it. We now have it back again 🙂 🙂 🙂 

• Like 2

My first good day for a while - the outside drain from the kitchen sink has been blocked for quite a few days, and lovely drain man has just been and cleared it, and then the supermarket order came:  they didn't have litre bottles of gin, so sent to 70 cl bottles for the price of a litre.

It doesn't take too much for me to feel ecstatic these days.

• Like 8