P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, kalos said:

500_F_125614652_gawESCxEvjUmIP3uZ7TX62Km0Il5eg7B.jpg.d4c7d01ba5cea9c0bc40863e3426e08e.jpg

Just wondering as well .. How's the lady' s Christmas cakes coming on ?

Are we still feeding them brandy ? 

Or are we now into the last stage where you feed the brandy to yourselves :classic_smile:

Mine's still on the shelves in Waitrose... should I pop in there to sort it out, armed with a bottle of brandy?😄

• Haha 1

Well some positive news from us - we decided to throw caution to the wind and booked a cruise for August 2022 on Ventura to the Canary Islands. The deposit is only £160 and the cruise a good price for a cabin we will love (aft, no beam) at £3,200. A decent price so we thought, why not, let's go for it!

It sails on our anniversary too so must be fate 🙂

• Like 13

22 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Well some positive news from us - we decided to throw caution to the wind and booked a cruise for August 2022 on Ventura to the Canary Islands. The deposit is only £160 and the cruise a good price for a cabin we will love (aft, no beam) at £3,200. A decent price so we thought, why not, let's go for it!

Love those Canary cruises. Very relaxing, lovely places to go. Something to look forward to, and with luck things will be back to normal by then.  😀

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

Love those Canary cruises. Very relaxing, lovely places to go. Something to look forward to, and with luck things will be back to normal by then.  😀

We have done one before when Britannia was brand new. The ship had a fire in the engine room (well they thought it was at first for about an hour at 11.30pm on our first evening) and the weather was terrible. We did Fire Mountain in Lanzarote and saw nothing as it was pouring with rain mid August. Have to say our main memory was a tour we did when we did a hike around a volcano and then wine tasting. The hike was down in to the crater and then up again --- nearly killed me. BUT the wine tasting was AMAZING afterwards! Many fond memories of that cruise with Costa our waiter and Hyacinth too. We loved Britannia and to be honest weren't too keen on Ventura but with a change of cabin from last time and perhaps the use of the Retreat we think we will have a better time. To be honest though - after lockdown I think we appreciate every chance just to leave the house so we will have one heck of a time !!!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

PS Will be picking your brains on what to do then 🙂

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

PS If anyone has booked The Retreat on Ventura let us now if you think it is worth it for  sea days 🙂

Oh its so good to be getting excited again re holidays and ships 

Exciting indeed. Celebrity have cancelled 2021 Alaska cruises up to the week before ours. Early days yet.

Just now, zap99 said:

Exciting indeed. Celebrity have cancelled 2021 Alaska cruises up to the week before ours. Early days yet.

I know, but tonight we will dream. August 2022 seems a long time ahead and if we can't go we have a lovely static caravan in Wales --- if they let us in

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

I know, but tonight we will dream. August 2022 seems a long time ahead and if we can't go we have a lovely static caravan in Wales --- if they let us in

We have left 2022 empty just in case. Iona may go in August 2021, if not that could move to 2022. Looks like it may be Cornwall again. That's ok. We are booked to go to the Canaries in April, but that has just gone back on the naughty step. One thing is sure, we are definitely going to Surrey next week, and the next and...........

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

PS Will be picking your brains on what to do then 🙂

Best ask the experts in here. I’m the last person to ask! All we do is wander, walk, explore, take the occasional bus/tram ride, and relax with coffees, pastéis de nata, ice cream etc. I’m a very bad example, and not at all good for P&O excursion sales!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Best ask the experts in here. I’m the last person to ask! All we do is wander, walk, explore, take the occasional bus/tram ride, and relax with coffees, pastéis de nata, ice cream etc. I’m a very bad example, and not at all good for P&O excursion sales!

We do exactly the same Harry, unless it's an interesting port that we haven't visited before, and then we might book a tour to see as much as possible of the area.

Avril

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Another fan of Canary Island cruises. We should have been there on Ventura at the beginning of last month and were so disappointed that it was cancelled. Sea days to start followed by an island a day and sea days to finish, probably with a stop in beautiful Lisbon en route. Probably saved until 2022/23 for us.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Another fan of Canary Island cruises. We should have been there on Ventura at the beginning of last month and were so disappointed that it was cancelled. Sea days to start followed by an island a day and sea days to finish, probably with a stop in beautiful Lisbon en route. Probably saved until 2022/23 for us.

Will pick your brains too 🙂

32 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We do exactly the same Harry, unless it's an interesting port that we haven't visited before, and then we might book a tour to see as much as possible of the area.

Avril

I'm in good company then, Avril. Nothing we love more than just wandering and exploring.  Prefer the freedom to the regimentation of tours. Not what everyone wants though,  I appreciate that. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I'm in good company then, Avril. Nothing we love more than just wandering and exploring.  Prefer the freedom to the regimentation of tours. Not what everyone wants though,  I appreciate that. 

We often get taxis rather than tours or shuttles.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Presto2 said:

N222 - we're on that one too. Ventura is our least favourite P&O ship but we like the aft cabins too and also the aft pool for our son.

In particular, the itinerary suits us perfectly especially with the inclusion of Cadiz (my wife's favourite port) and Lisbon on the way home:

Madeira

La Palma

Tenerife

Gran Canaria

Lanzarote

Cadiz

Lisbon

Fingers crossed we sail with no restrictions by then.

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Apologies, Annie.  Such an important subject though, affecting every aspect of our lives, including travelling and cruising in particular.  I doubt it's going to go away any time soon, but the forum's still very much open for other discussion...........🙂

However Cruise Critic guidelines still very much remain and ALL political posts will be removed.

• Like 10

Sorry guys I've had to censor my own post :classic_wacko: 

Mere mention of some names seems to hit a nerve but rules are rules ! 

Did you hear that production was down last week  at Santa’s workshop? 
Many of his workers have had to...... Elf isolate!:classic_smile:

I see our country  warns of a "worrying" rise in cases in London, Kent and Essex
Better put Yorkshire in tier 4 then. :classic_unsure:

Cornwall seem to be still doing ok apart from their pirates who could end up 
going  into lockdown? ...Because their  “Arrrr!” rate had risen again .:classic_wink:

14 days to Christmas 2020 ! Anyone else think it's surreal that we could l be settling 
down to our TV film HOME ALONE , possibly home alone this year .:classic_wacko:

There's talk of a new  scheme that supports  Christmas dinner ..
Eat Sprout To Help Out. :classic_smile:

Cannot tell you this joke ....   but I hear they are putting on a super spread.:classic_wacko:

Anyone driving to the N/EAST  favourite Christmas song? Driving Home for Christmas.:classic_smile:

But with my eyesight I can't see it happening .:classic_biggrin:

Hope this post Cheers some people up as that was my original plan in the first place !

images.png.eaf71cd840b431f6a23d0d60dd945e01.png     Everyone and stay safe !

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

However Cruise Critic guidelines still very much remain and ALL political posts will be removed.

I wish that were the case! It feels as though I come across multiple ‘bash the government’ posts on a daily basis and very few of them ever seem to be removed. 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

That's what Frank and I refer to as ''a mosy and a nosy''😄 Our favourite kind of port call.

Avril

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

THAT CAT FROM DOWN THE ROAD 😠

That black cat is still stalking the birdies, friends suggested remedies include a water pistol, half brick on a ballistic trajectory, or having a quiet word with a mutual friend who shoots peasants, oops pheasants 😈 I am starting with lots of chicken wire and those spikey things you put on the top of fences. The main problem is half the fences are owned by a neighbour with a cat or two.

9 minutes ago, davecttr said:

THAT CAT FROM DOWN THE ROAD 😠

That black cat is still stalking the birdies, friends suggested remedies include a water pistol, half brick on a ballistic trajectory, or having a quiet word with a mutual friend who shoots peasants, oops pheasants 😈 I am starting with lots of chicken wire and those spikey things you put on the top of fences. The main problem is half the fences are owned by a neighbour with a cat or two.

Get yourself a dog

• Like 2