P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just now, Adawn47 said:

I've just read on Yahoo Finance that Carnival's cruise bookings have increased by 600% in the last 3 days. 200% up on  this time last year. Unbelievable !!

Avril 

But how  any of those are re-bookings using FCCs ? Carnival is actually not getting any "new" money from these bookings. 

27 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Not if the 14 day quarantine period is enforced it isn't. 

Bizarrely, the 14 day quarantine for people arriving in UK only seems to refer to flights, not ferries, Channel Tunnel or presumably cruise ships.

4 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Bizarrely, the 14 day quarantine for people arriving in UK only seems to refer to flights, not ferries, Channel Tunnel or presumably cruise ships.

I'm sure Boris will clarify to Westminster this afternoon whether or not the inbound traveller quarantine applies to entry by sea and Chunnel.

Or maybe he won't...

Reading between the lines, if travellers from France are exempt, surely this must be in reference primarily to sea ports?  Just an assumption obviously, and all we all know assume breaks down into.

But if the France exemption is related to ferry traffic, we also have ferry routes to Belgium, Spain and Norway.

My head is starting to hurt...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Raab has just said you can only  meet family members in a park, not their garden. 

Raab got it all wrong when he was interviewed this morning. They’ve had to issue what’s euphemistically described as a ‘clarification’.

What hope has anyone got when the deputy PM doesn’t even understand what’s going on?

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Could it be that Boris has proposed this to encourage other countries to follow Macron's lead and agree an exemption. Maybe the guy is a genius after all?😉

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

I'm sure Boris will clarify to Westminster this afternoon whether or not the inbound traveller quarantine applies to entry by sea and Chunnel.

According to the BBC, the government has said that the quarantine will apply to all travellers to the UK, regardless of the method of entry. Key workers, such as lorry drivers would be exempt. 

10 minutes ago, wowzz said:

According to the BBC, the government has said that the quarantine will apply to all travellers to the UK, regardless of the method of entry. Key workers, such as lorry drivers would be exempt. 

I wonder how many times that message will change in the next 24 hours.

4 hours ago, wowzz said:

So Raab has now said you can meet other family members in a park,  if you keep two metres apart. However, you cannot meet other family members in their garden, even if you keep 2 metres apart there as well. 

There is absolutely no sense in that. The Government is just making up policy on the hoof.

The government has now put out a clarification to correct Raab, saying people can only meet one person outside at a time - not two people, such as both parents, at the same time.

You couldn’t make it up.

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Anyone want a picnic here,I'll clear a space.20200511_085538.thumb.jpg.d724edd41be80f8f2c3144e9e640f137.jpg

Boris said I'm allowed out, so I'm on my way... Wouldn't mind isolating for 2 weeks on that beach with a cool box and you dropping cold Peroni 2m away... 

Andy 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Ah but how do you know they are not linked to number 10 and the COBRA meetings and think tanks ?

Have you never heard of the  Cruise Critics Readers Advisory Panel ? Better known as CCRAP:classic_unsure:

The Govenment would deny knowledge of it's existence though :classic_wink:

There are a number of the so called "experts" on cruisecritic all they talk is CCRAP.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, batholiver said:

Unfortunately the cabinet is stuffed full of Brexit 'experts', which is why they were given their jobs, to the exclusion of more competent sidelined colleagues who backed the wrong horse.  The resulting chaos and confusion over this virus is the outcome. 

And come next January, with vital imports stacked up at ports awaiting clearance, no European health cover for us, no market for our fishermen to sell into, and a seriously damaged financial sector which currently provides a huge income for the beleaguered Treasury,  we'll find out what the Good Ship Brexit really means.

There you go "light the blue touch paper and retire" works every time.

Edited by majortom10
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

The government has now put out a clarification to correct Raab, saying people can only meet one person outside at a time - not two people, such as both parents, at the same time.

You couldn’t make it up.

Hello mum, blah blah blah. Bye mum..........hello dad.blah blah etc. Off now see you soon

That wasn't too difficult was it?😂

37 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

There’s a really interesting graphic in this link, showing how countries round the world are faring.

Its worth a click

https://www.endcoronavirus.org/countries

I think this may need updating. China, Germany and South Korea are all reporting a rise in new cases. In fact South Korea have begun closing places down again. 

Avril 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Boris said I'm allowed out, so I'm on my way... Wouldn't mind isolating for 2 weeks on that beach with a cool box and you dropping cold Peroni 2m away... 

Andy 

No worries mate,I'll give you my West Ham beach towel.That'll give you a wide berth.They love ICF down here.Cass Pennant's biography has an Italian edition,seriously,a bloke ran home from the bar a few years ago to get it and show me,lol.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brian1 said:

No worries mate,I'll give you my West Ham beach towel.That'll give you a wide berth.They love ICF down here.Cass Pennant's biography has an Italian edition,seriously,a bloke ran home from the bar a few years ago to get it and show me,lol.

No... That's hilarious... I used to see Cass around, he was a lump

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

more importantly. Can I go to the beach? It’s two hours away. I would take a picnic. 

Off you go - but only from Wednesday!   And only to an open space (like a beach)!   Have fun!  

Public spaces

SAGE advise that the risk of infection outside is significantly lower than inside, so the Government is updating the rules so that, as well as exercise, people can now also spend time outdoors subject to: not meeting up with any more than one person from outside your household; continued compliance with social distancing guidelines to remain two metres (6ft) away from people outside your household; good hand hygiene, particularly with respect to shared surfaces; and those responsible for public places being able to put appropriate measures in place to follow the new COVID-19 Secure guidance.

People may exercise outside as many times each day as they wish. For example, this would include angling and tennis. You will still not be able to use areas like playgrounds, outdoor gyms or ticketed outdoor leisure venues, where there is a higher risk of close contact and touching surfaces. You can only exercise with up to one person from outside your household – this means you should not play team sports, except with members of your own household.

People may drive to outdoor open spaces irrespective of distance, so long as they respect social distancing guidance while they are there, because this does not involve contact with people outside your household.

When travelling to outdoor spaces, it is important that people respect the rules in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland and do not travel to different parts of the UK where it would be inconsistent with guidance or regulations issued by the relevant devolved administration.

These measures may come with some risk; it is important that everyone continues to act responsibly, as the large majority have done to date. The infection rate will increase if people begin to break these rules and, for example, mix in groups in parks, which will trigger the need for further restrictions.

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

But that won't last for long. France is exempt already, EU may follow. Once Norway is dropped, of to Iona at the end of August. Thanks Boris, I'll toast you with a brandy after Marco's slap up dinner in the MDR.