P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Banks' Mild, a pork pie and a cheese cob - followed by an evening at the greyhound track and a bus back to Brum.

Beat that for a night out!

You might be surprised by a genuine Melton Mowbray pork pie (it's a protected name) - not cured pork, not pink, and maybe rather like the ones you like.

Melton Mowbray Pork pie

My office was about 100 yards away from their shop in Melton. 

16 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Cheers Josy.

Nice picture.

Wish we were there too.

Graham.

Thank you Graham, it popped up on David's phone this afternoon and got us reminiscing about how we had nothing to worry about then and how things have changed for everyone and how lucky we have been. 

Hopefully we will be back there soon. 

• Like 4

I can't believe it's been a year since all this began. I'm just sat scrolling through some posts and reading some of the threads from the begining, especially this one, and you begin to realise how far we've all come together, how much the tone of posts has changed throughout the months and how much our personal lives have altered. We've all shared so much, Christmas, New Year, birthdays and the also highs and lows. We've had Brexit(sorry Harry) celebrated a new vaccine, and been pleased for our friends as they are vaccinated. We've been like a family with all the trials and tribulations that entails. Above all his thread has kept us all going even when we've been at our darkest point, and I hope this thread keeps on going. Just like the Energiser bunny😊

Happy 1st Birthday 'What are things like where you are?' thread.🎂 and thank you Sharon.

Avril

• Like 20

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

This is what I was doing 2 years ago today.  I wish I was doing it again now.500762968_Screenshot_20210320-2009422.thumb.png.feed80da2f28807d669b03e1b938e0ba.png

Lovely picture. It would really be great to get back to cruising. Based on this picture, I think we did meet in Cheadle during the vaccine trial but just didn’t realise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

The only time we buy pork pie is if we go to Bridgemire Garden Centre. There is a food concession inside that sells the best pork pies, all meat no jelly.

A pork pie without any jelly is not really a proper one, the jelly is a important ingredient of a traditional pie.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, pete14 said:

Lovely picture. It would really be great to get back to cruising. Based on this picture, I think we did meet in Cheadle during the vaccine trial but just didn’t realise.

Thank you Pete.  There was always a chance that our paths had crossed at Cheadle.  If you see me again please say hello.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I can't believe it's been a year since all this began. I'm just sat scrolling through some posts and reading some of the threads from the begining, especially this one, and you begin to realise how far we've all come together, how much the tone of posts has changed throughout the months and how much our personal lives have altered. We've all shared so much, Christmas, New Year, birthdays and the also highs and lows. We've had Brexit(sorry Harry) celebrated a new vaccine, and been pleased for our friends as they are vaccinated. We've been like a family with all the trials and tribulations that entails. Above all his thread has kept us all going even when we've been at our darkest point, and I hope this thread keeps on going. Just like the Energiser bunny😊

Happy 1st Birthday 'What are things like where you are?' thread.🎂 and thank you Sharon.

Avril

The reason that we were reminiscing was because my friend had phoned earlier and reminded me that I would be the first of our little group to have a 2nd lockdown birthday so we agreed that the 2 of us will meet up at Trentham Gardens, get a coffee and sit at either end of a bench for a socially distanced chat.  It won't be the same as 6 of us going out for a meal but it will be a nice change and I can looking forward to it 😀

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

But don't you miss a good old tipping/dress code/lift thread... 

Or the condescending comments about the lack of 'class' of the newer cruisers? 

P&O has gone downhill you know... They drink beer at the dining table, how disgusting😊

Oh the good ol days... 

Andy 

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

Avril

Nicely put Avril.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

P&O has gone downhill you know... They drink beer at the dining table, how disgusting😊

Oh the good ol days... 

Andy 

I just ignore most  tipping, dress code and lift threads because they just wind me up. 🙊

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Thank you Pete.  There was always a chance that our paths had crossed at Cheadle.  If you see me again please say hello.

I just remembered that on one occasion at Cheadle there was a man who looked at me as if he thought he might know me, he was with a small lady.  If it was you, the nurse who came to take me to the doctor mistakenly called me Jill so could have made you decide that it wasn't me.

Good morning , hope everyone's well . What a lovely photo Josy of happier times,
I'm wishing those times return soon for people. My Mrs has one of those Timeline 
things and she was showing me photos of Reduit Beach and the Spinnaker bar in

St Lucia. Glad her Timeline thingy can recall the exact date of what we were doing

as I can struggle recalling yesterday with all this lockdown ,the days merge into one .
Handy gadget but not much use at the moment as I know what and where I was last

year -sat in the house ,staying safe .:classic_wacko:
Back to reality and these boards , I wonder what todays topic will be about ?

Yesterday gave pork pies a good run for their money .Some people liked them and

some people didn't. Some only liked the inside of the pie and not the crust around it .

Fascinating stuff  !  Which reminds me ...

There’s an email going around offering processed pork, gelatine and salt in a can.
If you get this email, don’t open it. It’s spam.:classic_ohmy:

Have a nice day and keep safe .:classic_smile:

• Like 12
  • Haha 4

Avril

Thank you Avril for a really lovely post. I wasn't with you a year ago but you have all become like a family to me, and for that, I thank you.  Having shied away from any form of social media until I joined CC, it was such a joy to meet so many people I would choose to have as real-life friends. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 14

26 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Oh the good ol days... 

Andy 

I think you omitted that old classic  " I will never sail with P&O ever again " :classic_wink:

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

47 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Oh the good ol days... 

Andy 

The sunbed savers threads too.😩

Hopefully this thread stays when cruising returns.😎😃

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Lovely summary of our last year together on here.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I just remembered that on one occasion at Cheadle there was a man who looked at me as if he thought he might know me, he was with a small lady.  If it was you, the nurse who came to take me to the doctor mistakenly called me Jill so could have made you decide that it wasn't me.

I do remember somebody whose name was mistaken by the nurse. She was there before we arrived and was called to see the doctor soon after we arrived. It wasn’t our previous appointment a few weeks ago but the one before that I think. My wife is delighted to be referred to as ‘a small lady’ by the way 😊. I did wonder.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I do remember somebody whose name was mistaken by the nurse. She was there before we arrived and was called to see the doctor soon after we arrived. It wasn’t our previous appointment a few weeks ago but the one before that I think. My wife is delighted to be referred to as ‘a small lady’ by the way 😊. I did wonder.

It is nice to put a face to the name.  Cheadle called me this week to change my next appointment to 10th May because they need to give all of the people on the crossover trial their 2nd vaccine / placebo.  I guess that you won't have to go there any longer since you had the placebo and one of the rolled out jabs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Just like jellied eels,lovely jubbly.

Bro, can I ask why you always post something like just before I'm going to have breakfast?🤢 I know I'm trying to lose some weight, but come on.......!!😒

Sis

• Like 2
  • Haha 2