P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

All the churches around here are closed, only open for funerals, sadly we have seen 3 in last 10 days, more than we normally see, we live opposite church.

Most services here have gone online since January.

Sorry to hear your church is closed and there have been a number of funerals.

We have been open most of the year with social distancing,masks etc.

David our vicar always WhatsApps us his sermon so I can forward it to a cruise critic church friend in Texas.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Morning all, just been catching up with all the comments from pork pies on!

I agree, it has been lovely getting to know all of you on here and Avril sums it up nicely. I too am another that isn't into social media, but have been made to feel at home her and has helped me through the past year. I hope this post will remain.

Not a brilliant day today for me as I'm suffering from more head pains than normal, but reading through this post has cheered me up. It is a lovely photo of Josy too and nice to put a face to a name.

Dull and overcast here with a bit of a breeze, but dry. Might get to see the sun later if we are lucky and get into double figures. 🤞

Hope everyone has a good day.

Sorry to hear you are suffering from head pains and hope a few paracetamol takes the pain away.

Take care.

Graham.

1 hour ago, kalos said:

We had a quick run out in the car to our nearby country park just

turned 10 am and it was crammed with people lots of them making 

good use of the café and ice cream shop. That sunshine had brought

out the midges they were every where, so we didn't stay too long .

On the way home we passed by a country back lane that we like to use

as it's so peaceful ,apart from today , that was full of dog walkers and 

cars parked every space they could find . I don't blame them trying to get

out on such a nice day either. Back home for us and will try on a weekday

when it's a lot quieter.:classic_smile:

There are 3 car parks nearby and all are full.

16163306952683053717117715076633.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, kalos said:

Just a timely reminder ... John Denver ,:classic_unsure:  🎵 you fill out my census 🎵

I'm sure we have all done them by now .:classic_smile:

I hope I have filled mine out correctly... 

One of the questions was.. 

SEX... My answer.. I have a vague recollection... 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

This is the trouble with no one being allowed to go abroad, we have some lovely places in this country but as shops and restaurants are closed too all our beauty spots are getting crowded! We went to a local park in November on a week day and I couldn’t believe how many people were there!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

All the churches around here are closed, only open for funerals, sadly we have seen 3 in last 10 days, more than we normally see, we live opposite church.

Most services here have gone online since January.

Most of the churches locally here are closed because of the risk of covid.However we have had live services online and 'coffee pod' chats where we are put into a zoom room with others which has been good.Our church re opens on Easter Sunday but people will have to book because of the 30 people limit and we have been asked to only go once every few weeks so everyone who wants to can attend.It will be nice to have the church open for occasions other than funerals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Clocks go forward next Sunday so an extra hour of sunlight.

Now that would be a clever trick Graham.  But we do recognise you meant useful daylight at the end of the day, and of course Steve Wright was correct, it is the start of BST.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Beautiful church Graham. Jane.x

Thanks Jane.

We were married here 40 years ago in August.

Paulines mam and dad were married here 67 years ago.

Paulines mam and dad's funeral service was here.

We have been coming for Sunday service for years.

Take care Jane I hope your batteries have recharged.

Graham x

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

Thank you, unfortunately paracetamol does help nor do any other painkillers. 

I don't know if it will work for your type of headache, and I hope you don't think I'm a fruit loop, but I use acupressure. Press firmly on the soft area between the base of your thumb and index finger. Just close your eyes, breathe slowly and relax and you can feel the pain lifting. It works for me and on Frank's migraines. There are other  pressure points for headaches if you look up acupressure. I hope you can find something  there that works for you.

Avril

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I don't miss the old threads at all, some nasty discussions took place with personal insults the norm... 

We still get the odd spat, but nothing that drags on like it used to. 

Unfortunately, you will still get the moaners who will complain that this thread has nothing to do with cruising, so I expect the padlock will be out as soon as some cruising normality returns. 

Andy 

I hope that Sharon will let us keep this thread because it is so entertaining.  I don't really do social media other than this and a WhatsApp group for the bowling club.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear your church is closed and there have been a number of funerals.

We have been open most of the year with social distancing,masks etc.

David our vicar always WhatsApps us his sermon so I can forward it to a cruise critic church friend in Texas.

Graham.

We are not church goers, last time I went to a church was for a wedding back in May 2014. 

• Like 1

Well I have seen the sea this afternoon! Had a quick walk along the Leas in Folkestone after my Covid jab. Bit fresh when we faced the breeze but very pleased to be somewhere different.

Very efficient in the old Debenhams, came out the time I was due in!

Strangely I felt the needle this time and I didn’t feel a thing last time!

6E40DF76-C438-4911-9D45-FD4D55F03D8C.jpeg

CEFE877B-4974-4D24-8B1F-B1D9B8430B7E.jpeg

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't know if it will work for your type of headache, and I hope you don't think I'm a fruit loop, but I use acupressure. Press firmly on the soft area between the base of your thumb and index finger. Just close your eyes, breathe slowly and relax and you can feel the pain lifting. It works for me and on Frank's migraines. There are other  pressure points for headaches if you look up acupressure. I hope you can find something  there that works for you.

Avril

Yep... Fruitloop.. 😊

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Well I have seen the sea this afternoon! Had a quick walk along the Leas in Folkestone after my Covid jab. Bit fresh when we faced the breeze but very pleased to be somewhere different.

Very efficient in the old Debenhams, came out the time I was due in!

Strangely I felt the needle this time and I didn’t feel a thing last time!

6E40DF76-C438-4911-9D45-FD4D55F03D8C.jpeg

CEFE877B-4974-4D24-8B1F-B1D9B8430B7E.jpeg

Great news that you have had your second vaccination.  I don't mind how cold or breezy it is provided it isn't raining when we are out for a walk. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Thanks Avril, but they are not headaches. The pains are only on the right side of my head and vary in type as a result of neurosurgery. When I asked my consultant if they would go in time or if I would have to learn to live with them he couldn't say. I have learnt to live with them but some days are better than others. 

• Like 2