P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

That’s the film where a Medieval Knight plays Death at chess in order save himself & his friends if I remember correctly 

It is indeed. Nice summary!  One of those films that's stayed with me since I first saw it at the school Film Society in the mid-sixties.

• Like 1

Fairly productive day, boiler service engineer artived on time, no problems thank goodness

Greenhouse insulated ready for sowing seeds tomorrow, following on from last years seed successes.

New reading glasses arrived by courier this afternoon, no more blurred screen on PC, will do my back the world of good.

Downside to day my wife’s craft course in the Alps in June cancelled rescheduled for June 2022, money in process of being refunded. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Harry Peterson said:

It is indeed. Nice summary!  One of those films that's stayed with me since I first saw it at the school Film Society in the mid-sixties.

Think it was early seventies when I saw it at college film festival. 

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

My grandaughter has her 2nd lockdown birthday on Sunday. It's her 30th and they had planned a 3 day stay in New York. She's having to settle for a long stay in Old Yorkshire instead. Our daughter's birthday is another, on April 7th. Mine is at the end of April, so I hope I buck the trend🤞

Avril

Sending birthday wishes in advance for you all Avril.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

I’m in the midst of a much needed week off but today has been a reflective day thinking of all we’ve been through in the last 12 months, those we’ve lost, colleagues who have suffered unimaginably saving the lives of others, and the miracle of the vaccine development and roll out in such a short space of time.

Whilst I don’t post very often I read along as often as I’m able to and you are all in my thoughts through your struggles and good times. This forum has been a bit of a lifeline and reminded me of life outside of COVID-19.

Stay safe everyone and look forwards to brighter days ahead x

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

I’m in the midst of a much needed week off but today has been a reflective day thinking of all we’ve been through in the last 12 months, those we’ve lost, colleagues who have suffered unimaginably saving the lives of others, and the miracle of the vaccine development and roll out in such a short space of time.

Whilst I don’t post very often I read along as often as I’m able to and you are all in my thoughts through your struggles and good times. This forum has been a bit of a lifeline and reminded me of life outside of COVID-19.

Hope you manage to have a relaxing week off and thank you for all you have done/are doing to help fight covid

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Hope you manage to have a relaxing week off and thank you for all you have done/are doing to help fight covid

Thank you Ann I’m certainly enjoying having a bit of down time and looking forward to having jab number 2 tomorrow 🙂.

There are others who have contributed far more than I have....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

Thank you for your great work you do

Best wishes for your second vaccine jab tomorrow.

Take care.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

Have a lovely break, you deserve it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Well I actually went out again today! That’s twice in three days!Nipped to M&S about 4ish so lovely and quiet.

Got our grandson some clothes and a chocolate Thomas the tank engine 😊.

I thought only the food halls were open?

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought only the food halls were open?

But you have to pass through the clothes section  to get to the food hall!

If you can buy clothes in Tesco, JS, Asda etc, there is no reason why M&S can't sell clothes as well.

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 12:46 PM, grapau27 said:

There are 3 car parks nearby and all are full.

16163306952683053717117715076633.jpg

Was Tonia's open? I read somewhere it's been taken over. After food shopping, I called in the car park at the other end a few weeks ago, the path was so busy I didn't walk along.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

If you can buy clothes in Tesco, JS, Asda etc, there is no reason why M&S can't sell clothes as well.

Fair point, but how far do you permit rules to be bent, before they entirely break?

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

School shoes are the hard things to buy. You can't get the size in nearby shops.

• Like 1

Just now, terrierjohn said:

Fair point, but how far do you permit rules to be bent, before they entirely break?

Well, as the ruies have been bent for the last 4 months,  I doubt that they will break in the next few weeks before some lockdown ruies are relaxed.

I do think however, that it is wrong that small bookshops, florists etc, have had to stay shut, when with reasonable precautions they would be pretty safe places to visit, but the big supermarkets continue to sell everything. 

• Like 7

Good morning folks I was up nice and early (nowt new there ) as we had our

supermarket van 6am slot this morning just as it was getting light, a few weeks

ago it would have been pitch black. That will keep Mrs K busy for a hour  as she 

wipes down certain products in her antiviral regime before putting them away .

That's a thing that would never had happened before covid came along . It seems 

2nd nature to do this now but if it helps keep covid at bay .

Yesterday I did my bit to help restore our economy a young guy who for one reason 

or another has set his self up doing grass cutting service offered to do our front and

back grass and it's a large area for £15. Armed with his strimmer and petrol mower 

he did a half decent job considering it was the first cut of the season .The birds seem 

impressed with it as they are collecting the bits of cut grass left behind for their nests .

So this morning I'm just sat with a nice mug of tea watching the grass grow, nothing 

new there these days :classic_unsure: Whatever your doing have a nice day and keep safe :classic_smile:

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning folks I was up nice and early (nowt new there ) as we had our

supermarket van 6am slot this morning just as it was getting light, a few weeks

ago it would have been pitch black.

I woke up a lot earlier than usual today, just after 6am. I couldn’t work out why but now I know who to blame! 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, DamianG said:

I woke up a lot earlier than usual today, just after 6am. I couldn’t work out why but now I know who to blame! 😀

This is exactly what I say to myself when I wake up early and skip the exercises and jogging. I hate to say it, but I have to admit - I am being quite lazy sometimes.. Nothing really I can do about it =D