Oceania Cruisers -- How are things where YOU live?

CCHelp

In NJ there are increasing cases.  Many schools have gone to all remote. One school 2 weeks ago had 5 teachers test positive with kids still remote.  The kids were supposed to start  in person hybrid model this week.  However, with over 30 new cases of the kids testing positive, all remote is staying.   The motor vehicle agency closest to me shut down yesterday because an employee tested positive.  There is definitely less traffic.  NJ increased the quarantine travel list to 45 states and territories.  They did not include Delaware, Pennsylvania, or Connecticut even though they by stats should be a quarantined state.  People have been cautioned to stay in NJ.  

• 2 weeks later...

We just went Purple again here in Ventura County California, havent been anywhere since March..but have decided to rent an air BNB in Vegas in January to see our daughter, son-in-law,  grandaughter and great grandaughter for a week..will cook in and play games in the house and yard if its warm enough..

Looking forward to seeing another viewof the world although we live on the Ocean so its not so bad..two grandchildren have had covid but thank God both have recovered..

Look frward to seeing everyone once the vaccine is out..

Jancruz1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2020 at 9:55 AM, Jancruz said:

Boy we had the best time on Thanksgiving 40 people inside without masks and we finally all kissed and hugged..it was magical..cant wait until Christmas..

Jancruz1

How wonderful Jan - hope Christmas is even better!

• 1 month later...

Not good in NJ.  There are lots of new cases daily.  We stay home waiting for our time to get the vaccine.  We have most things delivered.  Schools are remote.  Gyms closed. Now that it’s cold, it’s not comfortable to eat out.  Indoor dining at 25%...not doing that now.  We do some take out.  Did all holiday shopping online.  Hate the postal delays and order problems.   There are delays in NJ with the vaccines due to missing paperwork!  
feeling sad today.   Year ago today, I was in San Juan embarking on a 2 week cruise.  What a difference a year makes. Still looking forward to getting out and on with normal life after everyone is vaccinated.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 7:43 AM, ORV said:

{{{{{{{{Sigh}}}}}}}}}}}

Seriously folks, it was a joke. 

Yes it was a made up story for one person..actually we have not been out of  the house in months..BUT I did just get my 2nd Vaccine shot so maybe we will try eating outside with my family..that would be a treat..

Thanks Orv for knowing that was a joke!!

Jancruz1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

To be inspirational-

We drove from our home on the coast in Washington state

down to the tip of Oregon. This is where we crossed the huge

Columbia River on the lovely bridge from Washington onto Astoria.

And to my wonder, I was so excited to see a docked cruise  ship!

This was so refreshing. It was the Oceania Regatta.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, nini said:

To be inspirational-

We drove from our home on the coast in Washington state

down to the tip of Oregon. This is where we crossed the huge

Columbia River on the lovely bridge from Washington onto Astoria.

And to my wonder, I was so excited to see a docked cruise  ship!

This was so refreshing. It was the Oceania Regatta.

She has been there for months  😉

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/24/2020 at 2:08 PM, Hawaiidan said:

Well 6 weeks into this,  here in the Palm Springs area,  everything is pretty good.   Food produce. everything  but Paper towels and ammunition is plentiful.      Venturing out  is not a big deal  if you  wear a mask,  keep your distance and avoid crowds.    I would NOT use home delivery  as the x factor is  the person who brought it to you  and how many people they have mingled with .  As I see it going to the store is a better  deal because you can control the environment  not rely on someone else to.       

For the record we in Brooklyn, NY have been using instacart since the beginning of the Pandemic.  They all wear masks (as do I when they come) and we have had no problems at all.  I used to steriize all the bags when they came in but I no longer bother.  I saw a notice recently that did indicate this is no longer necessary.  (Maybe it never was?)

Still, we can never be too careful!  I've been depending on Instacart and a neighbor who shops for me since the beginning.  I have come to the conclusion that is probably the time for me to start doing my shopping again -- although I confess I like having someone else bring it to my door!  We are both fully vaccinated so should be able to shop on our own ...

On 4/26/2021 at 12:35 AM, Mura said:

I have come to the conclusion that is probably the time for me to start doing my shopping again -- although I confess I like having someone else bring it to my door!  We are both fully vaccinated so should be able to shop on our own ...

When I lived in Brooklyn our main nearby grocer would deliver your groceries, the ones that you selected yourself in-store. Of course that was last century lol. We learned to do our other shopping first, otherwise the delivery person would beat us home! Even though we were young then, 2 flights of stairs after the 7 block walk definitely made delivery the right choice 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Well here in Oxnard, CA things are about back to normal..inside dining everything open, no masks, etc.

So finally feels like life is beginning..I have so many cruises booked I cant wait until the CDC uses their head and Governor DeSantis also..

Jancruz1

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Now that many people have been vaccinated,  there are more businesses open.  Mask requirements lifted for those vaccinated in many places.  For the unvaccinated, must mask.   It is up to you to do what’s right.  There are some people not wearing masks. Most people still wear them.  Unfortunately, a new thing has begun with fully vaccinated people getting covid.  Freaky and scary.  

"Unfortunately, a new thing has begun with fully vaccinated people getting covid.  Freaky and scary."

Not sure what that "new thing" is. Latest stats I have seen from a reliable source (Bloomberg): "No vaccine or medicine works 100% of the time. But the good news is that the best Covid-19 vaccines come pretty close. Real-world studies found them to be 97% effective against symptomatic illness, 86% against asymptomatic sickness and 94% against hospitalization."

97% effective does not mean 3/100 get covid. The risk is actually about 100 times less than that.

Now - what are the percentages for non-vaccinated people?

• Like 2

On 6/7/2021 at 9:23 PM, Redtravel said:

Now that many people have been vaccinated,  there are more businesses open.  Mask requirements lifted for those vaccinated in many places.  For the unvaccinated, must mask.   It is up to you to do what’s right.  There are some people not wearing masks. Most people still wear them.  Unfortunately, a new thing has begun with fully vaccinated people getting covid.  Freaky and scary.  

I live in an area that is less that 40% completely vaccinated. It is a large midwest tourist area. I'm out every week to quite a few of our tourist venues and I find that about 99% of people are going maskless. The few places that actually still require them receive a lot of complaints about it. The surrounding states that many of our tourists come from have no better numbers. Go figure. Oh, BTW cases are on the rise around here recently. I have little faith in people doing the right thing. They are sick of wearing masks, vaccinated or not. 

• Like 2

I saw a recent survey  that 42 % of Americans were fully vaccinated

for Canada only 8 %  fully vaccinated  & 65 % had  the 1st dose . we have a long way to go  😷

17 hours ago, LHT28 said:

we have a long way to go  😷

In the UK we have around 75% of adults have received a first jab and around 50% their second. There is a noticeable difference in take-up with rates lower in poorer areas and those areas which have significant numbers of folk from ethnic minorities (often those are the same areas).

The government plan was that all legal restrictions, such as social distancing and mask wearing, would be removed from 21/6 but it is now being  strongly hinted that this may be delayed for at least 4 weeks because of signs of a third wave due to the Delta variant.  A long way to  go, as you say.

The top infectious disease expert for Australia is alerting Australians that they should not expect to engage in international travel until 2024.

Part of me thinks that there is an inherent benefit for governments to keep us under control. There appears to be a reluctance to grant vaccinated people extra freedoms. In Canada the government has not even put forth a country-wide policy.

Or is there more to COVID and its variants that we have yet to learn. In either case I am not feeling confident about travel in 2022. You?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we had had a wonderful day, visiting a fully vaccinated (as are we) friend who we had not seen in 18 months, most recently due to our conflicting schedules.   Went out to lunch, felt like the good old days.

And then came home to the news that our 28 day Nautica cruise March 2022 has been cancelled.

So....

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 5:16 PM, Harters said:

A long way to  go, as you say.

All legal restrictions are due to be removed in England on Monday (the other nations of the UK are being more cautious). That is going ahead in the face of rocketing infection rates of the Delta variant which is now starting to show up in hospital admissions. Although vaccination means levels of hospitalisation are lower than earlier in the pandemic, some hospitals are reporting being under considerable pressure. You might think our government is off its head in continuing with the relaxations - and you may well be very right.

• 2 months later...

In rural North Yorkshire, double-jabbed, we’ve felt pretty secure and have enjoyed being able to go to local pubs and restaurants, albeit with customers and staff masking up when moving around. Not so when I was down in London last week, very few masks in evidence and the usual crush of people at the Chelsea Flower Show. Call me irresponsible, but I’d booked seats for Mamma Mia, and as I stood in the midst of a maskless crowd, arms waving and belting out ‘Dancing Queeen’, I thought…’if I don’t get it now….’ . I didn’t, but looking forward to my booster!