Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

That is wonderful,Debbie.

My mother was a wonderful person but unfortunately she suffered from many serious illnesses and left the planet much too young.

Thank you.       Sorry that your Mom suffered from many illnesses, hopefully she was not in constant pain and knowing she is at peace now helps.🙏

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Mission completed. Storm chips and ice cream, hot chocolate, and a coffee to go. I got milk too, but that’s not as exciting. Bring it on Mother Nature. 

D29B47F0-A291-4444-8F39-644076FF3D77.thumb.jpeg.2b9306997e701fde880817887727564b.jpeg

03758F8B-A82F-42C5-92A8-942470E754D2.thumb.jpeg.052b5c34313c6640cf68300888f9b420.jpeg

It looks like you're all set to "hunker down" for the Winter, Andrew!!  Enjoy your booty!

1 hour ago, George C said:

, luckily doctor could not find anything new that was bad , time for a drink.

I also had great reports from all of my dr visits since arriving in Florida.  My thyroid nodules shrunk, so I won't need another biopsy this year, just repeat sonograms, and my endocrinologist looked at my bloodwork, and said "You are perfect".  I laughed and said thank you very much..lol!  Last year my bloodwork showed I was pre-diabetic, and I no longer am.  All of my numbers were good!

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

When Eric met my family and got to know them I remember him telling me how Lucky I was to have them.    

How wonderful that Eric found not only a loving wife, but also married into a warm and loving family!

56 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Mom  found her in my parents bedroom snooping through their bureau drawers.    I forgot what lie she told when she was busted But my Mother had words with her and she was never allowed in their house again.   Eric's Dad was alive then and he was so humiliated and couldn't stop apologizing.    

Awful, awful, awful!  Poor Eric and his Dad.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

I also had great reports from all of my dr visits since arriving in Florida.  My thyroid nodules shrunk, so I won't need another biopsy this year, just repeat sonograms, and my endocrinologist looked at my bloodwork, and said "You are perfect".  I laughed and said thank you very much..lol!  Last year my bloodwork showed I was pre-diabetic, and I no longer am.  All of my numbers were good!

Maryann, those are really excellent news !! Keep up the good [blood]work 😘

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I just finished the RCI guest survey for my cruise. I took very good care of my bartenders in the Champagne Lounge. I hope it does them some good.

I also credited by name those on my Anthem cruise who did such a great job for us. 

However, I have been a little disappointed that the survey does not let you enter many comments. I had several notes and never got to enter them. I wish at the end they gave you an opportunity to enter "any other comments" ......

• Like 6

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Another winter storm is coming to our area. I was sent on a mission with another 12-16” of snow expected to come. You might just call it another day in Canada. 😆

C221A78E-B9BD-4E07-9521-B050CCD401DA.thumb.jpeg.baa84248848604f3761105ab83181b8b.jpeg

Mission completed. Storm chips and ice cream, hot chocolate, and a coffee to go. I got milk too, but that’s not as exciting. Bring it on Mother Nature. 

D29B47F0-A291-4444-8F39-644076FF3D77.thumb.jpeg.2b9306997e701fde880817887727564b.jpeg

03758F8B-A82F-42C5-92A8-942470E754D2.thumb.jpeg.052b5c34313c6640cf68300888f9b420.jpeg

I'm on my way to enjoy some of those ice creams.   All of my favorites.    I'll bring Lucy some treats 🥰

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Jim and I had made plans to get together tomorrow with a couple that we haven't seen in over 20 years in Cape Coral.  They have not gotten vaccinated and do not plan to.  Well, Jim started with a cold over the weekend, so we told this couple that Jim would take the Covid test just to make sure that he was okay.  Well, Jim has Covid!!!  He took the test, and it showed that he was Positive.  He then took another test, and that also showed Positive.  So, there's that.....

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That's a funny one I can definitely picture in mind happening.    

Or she would snoop at personal belongings left on chairs.    She is a huge snooper.     Many years ago she was at my parents house for a holiday dinner and she disappeared for a while.   My Mom  found her in my parents bedroom snooping through their bureau drawers.    I forgot what lie she told when she was busted But my Mother had words with her and she was never allowed in their house again.   Eric's Dad was alive then and he was so humiliated and couldn't stop apologizing.    

Wow that was so rude and out of order by Eric's mam.

It must have been so embarrassing for Eric's dad and Eric too.

I feel sorry for your mam and dad Debbie.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

After someone stole things from my kids medicine cabinet I have wanted to fill the cabinet with marbles to catch a future snooper/thief.

I had that happen once, years ago.  I had a bottle with Vicodin (for horrible migraines) in my medicine cabinet with five pills in it, I knew it was five because that’s when I usually called for a refill.  I had a new friend over for dinner.  Later that night I went to take one for a migraine and there were only two in the bottle.  Strange.  
Well the next day I got my refill of 30 pills, I added the two remaining to it.  A few days later the same new came by to hang out, after he went to the bathroom I went and checked my medicine cabinet and wouldn’t you know the bottle was half empty.  

I confronted him on it and he said he didn’t do it, I told him to leave.  He was so mad that I thought he would do it, kept calling me paranoid.  He left.  
Since I was suspicious he took them the other day, I decided to put Tylenol in the new bottle of Vicodin and hide the real pills in my bedroom.  Needless to say I never heard from him again.  I always wondered if he ever figured out they weren’t real.? 

Since then I have never stored any of the “happy pills” anywhere obvious. 😎

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

It looks like you're all set to "hunker down" for the Winter, Andrew!!  Enjoy your booty!

How wonderful that Eric found not only a loving wife, but also married into a warm and loving family!

Awful, awful, awful!  Poor Eric and his Dad.

Great health news Maryann.

I'm really pleased for you.

Graham.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Jim and I had made plans to get together tomorrow with a couple that we haven't seen in over 20 years in Cape Coral.  They have not gotten vaccinated and do not plan to.  Well, Jim started with a cold over the weekend, so we told this couple that Jim would take the Covid test just to make sure that he was okay.  Well, Jim has Covid!!!  He took the test, and it showed that he was Positive.  He then took another test, and that also showed Positive.  So, there's that.....

Sending prayers 🙏 for Jim that his covid infection is very mild and he is soon well and you stay covid free Maryann.

Graham.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes you and I have the same taste. The Rip Van Winkle 10 was a huge score. I hope some day you can get a bottle. It's so fantastic. btw, still waiting on your address to send you some Melitti Amaro.

gpsteele7@gmail.com

I have no problem finding the Meletti.  It's the Proof Syrup that I couldn't find.  The Meletti is an important part of your recipe and I might take you up in your offer if I was not able to find it.  I don't think the Proof syrup though does much more than my simple syrup and Angostura orange bitters substitute so while I greatly appreciate your kindness, there really is no need.

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

When I was put on a low sodium diet, it amazed me how much sodium there was in everyday items like bread, cheese, so much more.  There's salt in just about everything, it seems. Probably because it's a preservative.

We've tried to move away from pre-packaged food, partly due to the large amounts of sodium (soup being a prime example).  I have hard time cutting back on cheese though.  I'm a cheese lover.

51 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

At trivia one of the questions was what percent of people go thru other peoples medicine cabinets. IIRC it was 40%. We were shocked and so far off base. Glad our guest bathroom doesn’t have much in it. 

This amazes me.  Can there really be that many people who would actually snoop in someone else's medicine cabinet???

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Sorry to hear this.  Hopefully, Jim just has mild symptoms.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I have no problem finding the Meletti.  It's the Proof Syrup that I couldn't find.  The Meletti is an important part of your recipe and I might take you up in your offer if I was not able to find it.  I don't think the Proof syrup though does much more than my simple syrup and Angostura orange bitters substitute so while I greatly appreciate your kindness, there really is no need.

Ok that's good to know. Yes the proof syrup is mail order only and your right it is a combination of a simple syrup and orange bitters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Have you ever looked at how much sodium is in a can of Campbell's soup?

I think @Sunshine3601Debbie mentioned 1500 mgs of sodium!!

The hot dogs they serve in Costco have 1200 mgs each.  Then there's the roll and sauerkraut. Lots of sodium in salad dressings as well with over 500 mg sodium per serving.  I make my own salad dressing and reduce the salt to less than half of what the recipe calls for.  

16 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oh no Maryann!  I sure hope Jim has a super mild covid case and same to you, if you catch it.  At least it's out of the way for your upcoming cruise.  I forget when it is?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

When are you due for the storm to hit?  We're expecting 1/2 inch of ice as well.  

Ditto to stay safe!

Freezing rain is forecast to start at 10 pm.  Are driveway is steep so we will probably not be getting out tomorrow.  Hope the electricity doesn’t get knocked out. Love my electric blanket.  I hope Texas doesn’t get hit like they have before.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Well, Jim has Covid!!!  He took the test, and it showed that he was Positive.  He then took another test, and that also showed Positive.  So, there's that.....

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sending prayers 🙏 for Jim that his covid infection is very mild and he is soon well and you stay covid free Maryann.

Graham.

11 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sorry to hear this.  Hopefully, Jim just has mild symptoms.

8 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Maryann, good news on your health.  Hope Jim has a mild Covid!

3 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Oh no Maryann!  I sure hope Jim has a super mild covid case and same to you, if you catch it.  

+ 5 + All of the above + More 🙏

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, LucasLikesToCruise said:

I had that happen once, years ago.  I had a bottle with Vicodin (for horrible migraines) in my medicine cabinet with five pills in it, I knew it was five because that’s when I usually called for a refill.  I had a new friend over for dinner.  Later that night I went to take one for a migraine and there were only two in the bottle.  Strange.  
Well the next day I got my refill of 30 pills, I added the two remaining to it.  A few days later the same new came by to hang out, after he went to the bathroom I went and checked my medicine cabinet and wouldn’t you know the bottle was half empty.  

I confronted him on it and he said he didn’t do it, I told him to leave.  He was so mad that I thought he would do it, kept calling me paranoid.  He left.  
Since I was suspicious he took them the other day, I decided to put Tylenol in the new bottle of Vicodin and hide the real pills in my bedroom.  Needless to say I never heard from him again.  I always wondered if he ever figured out they weren’t real.? 

Since then I have never stored any of the “happy pills” anywhere obvious. 😎

Very smart of you to switch them out before they came over.     I am sure he definitely knew they weren't real right after popping one.

Hopefully that person was able to straighten out their life.  

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oh no, I hope his symptoms remain mild and he has a speedy recovery.    Also, hope that you stay well too.       😍    Congratulations on all the good news from your lab work and the Doctors appointments.   

That was good he got tested imagine what could have happened if the couple that is unvaccinated caught it.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

Yesterday, I had my first appointment with a new doctor here.  Micheline had her first appointment with a new personal trainer.  We both came home agreeing that we need to get back to daily walking and went for a 2+ mile walk on the beach.  😄

We decided today that we also need to start playing more golf.  I was already playing twice a week with a group of guys, but we want to add a round a week as a couple.  It's nice playing in short sleeves in February (high in the upper 60s today).  It's also nice enjoying a post round drink on an outdoor patio overlooking the 9th hole.

APC_2659-hdr.thumb.JPG.48af012f0d789d39c06aca02f767ec8d.JPG

Sorry to all of you who are experiencing winter storms right now.  Both of our daughters are prepared to "shelter in place" with the storm that is hitting Cincinnati. 

• Like 16

21 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Ok that's good to know. Yes the proof syrup is mail order only and your right it is a combination of a simple syrup and orange bitters. 

Is your knee surgery this week?    Sorry I am remember you saying the date but my memory is failing me right now.    

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Definitely sounds like the same excursion...Arabian Adventures.  

APC_0776.thumb.JPG.cd3aabdd782774ce497120277433f330.JPG

IMG_5566.thumb.jpg.3e2dc48a8ecffa44ef96ac675b0623ca.jpg

IMG_5572.thumb.jpg.f92ca6fe7c002a71791ed754c8c60233.jpg

Our driver had a slight problem on one of the dunes. 😁

IMG_5553.thumb.jpg.afc6498e1e1defc952f6178b80e92d75.jpg

IMG_5550.thumb.jpg.5679ee74c6aa3c8208f7a25c6d43299d.jpg

When I was a kid, we always had burlap bags, a shovel and boards in our trunk. 
We had miles of beach you reached by driving through sand from the main road. 
If we didn’t get stuck, somebody else did. 
Now Mayport Naval Base and Ponte Vedra’s multimillion dollar homes are where we enjoyed years of uncluttered beautiful white sand. 

• Like 4