Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

My kids (daughter/SIL/Grands and SIL family) just returned from week vacation Winter Park Colorado. They flew Sunday after Christmas. Daughter says airplane packed, no open seats, no temperature check, no health questions. 

M8

I hope they are all okay Rory🤞

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

My kids (daughter/SIL/Grands and SIL family) just returned from week vacation Winter Park Colorado. They flew Sunday after Christmas. Daughter says airplane packed, no open seats, no temperature check, no health questions. 

M8

Sad...but true.  I have heard the same from my brother who frequently travels for work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I agree, because it is. I was also interested about the 1% that Dani was sharing.  As well as what those in other countries are going through to get their jabs. 

I’d love to blast my countries politicians and other idiots but I don’t on this thread. It’s not the right spot.

1% after 8 days is concerning.   Knowing most vaccines take 2 weeks to be effective, hopefully that 1% will drastically improve in coming days.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I agree, because it is. I was also interested about the 1% that Dani was sharing.

I’d love to blast my countries politicians and other idiots but I don’t on this thread. It’s not the right spot.

Andrew, I'm well aware of the rules, and I'm "threading" (pun intended) very carefully, while trying to impart "routine" in this part of the world. Mainly because as of now, Israel is way ahead of the WHOLE world in terms of the amount of vaccines distributed.

In a matter than less than 3 weeks, there is a huge population that Pfizer and medical teams can glean some new info from, which will benefit ALL of us.

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Andrew, I'm well aware of the rules, and I'm "threading" (pun intended) very carefully, while trying to impart "routine" in this part of the world. Mainly because as of now, Israel is way ahead of the WHOLE world in terms of the amount of vaccines distributed.

In a matter than less than 3 weeks, there is a huge population that Pfizer and medical teams can glean some new info from, which will benefit ALL of us.

Thanks for keeping us informed Dani.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Isarel is by far a very advanced as Scientific and Engineering Country. I was amazed the advancements that come from you guys.

M8

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I think this is very important to know.  I don’t want you to think I do not find this fascinating, in an unfortunate way. Hopefully you can share how her rates have increased over the next week or so.  I read a Canadian article the other day how you have already vaccinated a very large portion of your population, even using mobile van clinics.  Yesterday  M8, on a different thread, discussed with another if the needle stops one from transmitting Covid. He got some thumbs up from me, because it is unknown and not gospel.  Factual is so important these days.  All Politicians across the board have a hard time with this. 

LOL, now I’ve brought religion into the discussion.  🤦‍♂️😂

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

What a difference a day makes.  This is the point where I was really tempted to turn the car around.  

On one of our drives home our daughter (probably 6 or 7 at the time) fell asleep when it was still relatively warm with no snow.  When she woke up there was snow everywhere and she burst into tears.  She thought that winter was over and the warm weather was following us home. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

On one of our drives home our daughter (probably 6 or 7 at the time) fell asleep when it was still relatively warm with no snow.  When she woke up there was snow everywhere and she burst into tears.  

That's exactly how I feel when I get home to PA from a winter cruise in the caribbean.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, h20skibum said:

So for those missing travel, here are a few photos and video from our northward trek today. 

I-95 southbound was almost at a standstill in South Carolina. 

IMG_9009.MOV 24.07 MB · 1 download

I-95 at I-26, people decided to pile into the median.

I-26, someone had an uh oh with their trailer.  Surprised it didn’t roll. 

That intersection from I-26 to I-95 southbound has always been a backed up nightmare each time we have taken it.  We just expect it before we get there now.  😞 

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Here, in our County in Florida, they are offering the vaccine today and tomorrow, at an outside football stadium. 1000 a day. Police were stationed outside and where preventing people from camping out back to Saturday. Running people off. They reached capacity by 0600 this morning. For 65+. Many from outside our County. 

I’ll wait for an appointment. 

M8

I have an appointment...later in the day than I would have liked, which will be bad for back up at 3:30...but I had no choice in what time or day.  Guessing the lines will be bad even with appointment.  😞 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

What a difference a day makes.  This is the point where I was really tempted to turn the car around.  

IMG_9019.MOV 17.81 MB · 4 downloads

Still another 300+ miles to go to the north. 

6201A583-0EA2-4A2C-A8BF-17F6AAB48235.thumb.jpeg.b11905bf5fe987ffaabd8bdb43c21f0d.jpeg

I am pretty sure that is not white sand. 

Stop! Save yourself and turn around and go back to Florida. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

Stop! Save yourself and turn around and go back to Florida. 

If I didn’t have to be back to do remote learning with a couple grandkids, I would.  Tried to convince their parents that we could do remote from somewhere nice, as opposed to Pennsylvania this winter. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

My home ski mountain.  I haven’t skied since around Y2K.  Sigh.  I used to love it.  then we started cruising... flowrider is my substitute.  

• Like 2

My uncle, actually my SIL’s uncle, but he was like an uncle to me.  Had a place in Meadowridge, in Frazier.  He was an ex-baseball star, who avoided WWII by pitching for the Army tank Corp baseball team, until the Battle of the Bulge, then he got to liberate Europe in his tank.  After the war he had a short professional Baseball career, started coaching football, and was head coach for a couple of years at Toledo College, then coached High school for the rest of his career, when my older brother married his niece we all started snow skiing.  Uncle Bob bought a condo when they opened it at the Meadowridge.  So, when I was still in elementary school, we went to Winter Park, and learned to ski at Ski Idlewild (a great no longer existing ski area for learning) until we graduated to the big mountain.  I literally spent 2 weeks almost every year until I was in my mid 20s skiing WP.  Later when I was an adult and married, we branched out and skied all over the world, but still gravitated back to WP.  

Uncle Bob retired out there in the 70s and spent the winters there and summers in Oklahoma where his daughter and SIL were professors of music at OU.  He volunteered to teach the blind and handicapped ski.  He was a wonderful man.  I miss him.  Quite the character, with amazing stories of the war, of professional sports, of high school kids who imitated Joe Namath wearing white shoes, until they realized it made it easy for Coach to identify them in game film and be able to identify their bad play.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

For now, Israel has only the Pfizer vaccine. Pfizer has been asked about extending the 3 weeks up to 12 weeks between jabs, and they categorically said as above...

Moreover, a Prof. and Head of the Contagious Diseases at the biggest hospital in Israel has been monitoring daily her antibodies, hers team and a control group of medical workers, who all received the 1st dose of Pfizer 8 days ago. I have much faith in what she says, since she was very level-headed from the beginning of the pandemic.

As of today, only 1% of those above had developed antibodies... I repeat, after 8 days of the 1st jab, only 1%....

That’s not good at all. They should administer the vaccine as it’s supposed to be.

• Thanks 2