Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

For all the cat lovers on this thread....

In our walk out today, we met 2 "homeless" kitties --

_DSC2897.jpg

caty.jpg.jpg

Awww...made me tear up....I love kitties and miss mine something awful.  Thanks for sharing! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Most time I just keep it simple with a smearing of pure tomato paste (can't stand the flavored ones).  It's my fresh toppings that make my pie.  😉   My last Pineapple, BBQ chicken, bacon pizza had no sauce at all on it...except what little BBQ sauce clung to the BBQ chicken.  The Pineapple was from we grew ourselves even.  

My crust is homemade as well...yup..get out the flour and make a mess.  😄 

Hey... I am on "routine lockdown"...time is my friend.  🤭

sounds delicious.   Now that I am working from home again, I can play in the kitchen during the day.    There are perks to do this virus and working from home 🙂

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I'm baking chicken parm now along with homemade mashed potatoes and some homegrown broccoli that I harvested end of October and flash froze.    And of course, some homemade garlic bread!  

Rigatoni with meat sauce for us tonight.  And homemade garlic bread.  I sense a theme.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, singinalot said:

well...who doesn’t like a challenge 🤦🏼‍♀️

Not only is Nate recovering from his surgery, but my sister rushed her boyfriend to the ER on Sunday. They admitted him and he had emergency surgery yesterday. He was almost septic. Thankfully, they think he’s going to be ok.

Today, my uncle had 2 stents put in. 85 and 90% blockages. 

I mean....starting out 2021 with a bang.

oh and switching gears and looking to a dif part of Florida now. 🤣

Wow, they are all Lucky or fortunate depending on how you want to describe it.  Maybe you want to buy a lotto ticket soon to wrap it up, and buy that place in FL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Not only is Nate recovering from his surgery, but my sister rushed her boyfriend to the ER on Sunday. They admitted him and he had emergency surgery yesterday. He was almost septic. Thankfully, they think he’s going to be ok.

Wishing everyone a speedy recovery.

There is a blogger that I follow on YouTube.  Bradley Freisen is his name and he is from British Colombia.  Some might recognize him from being on Dragon’s Den in Canada. That’s the original Shark Tank for those south of the border. He made a deal with all the Dragons but ended up going on his own. It was a hangover recovery drink. 

His adventures are mainly about adventures he and his dog have in the back country of BC in their chopper. Sometimes with guests and sometimes just with them. If you love the scenery check out some of his other ones. 

I showed Lisa and Owen his latest video from today, and Owen immediately says “I’d love a dog that would fist bump with me”.  I quickly followed with “we are going to get a chopper before we get a dog”. 😂

Turn up and enjoy the scenery. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Oh my!  Hopefully, no more bad news for your family.   Onward and upward from here 😊

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

How does it get the smoke flavor?  Personally, you cook too fast and too high temperature that is really not low and slow. You should try a butt cooked low and slow. 

On the egg i typically go 225. Can't get much lower than that. Today's finish was a little high, but the meat was done after 20 hours in sous vide. Took the smoke perfect. 

• Like 1