Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, davekathy said:

But in my defense I'm also in charge of making the spaghetti sauce. I also do all the grilling. And I also do KP duty when Kathy does the cooking and any other duties as assigned. I've become a pretty damn good sous chef. 👨‍🍳

Yup, you are Bucky sure are two of a kind.  Exactly the limited cooking Bucky does...his all day cooking spaghetti sauce and being the grill chef.  😉  Though lately I have taken over doing the grilled pork tenderloin...I think the meat thermometer scares him.  😄 😄 

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Yup, you are Bucky sure are two of a kind.  Exactly the limited cooking Bucky does...his all day cooking spaghetti sauce and being the grill chef.  😉  Though lately I have taken over doing the grilled pork tenderloin...I think the meat thermometer scares him.  😄 😄 

Now that's funny. I just bought a new meat thermometer on Monday. 

2 hours ago, island lady said:

In our house...I cook...Bucky cleans up. Well trained husband.  😉 

Eric is pretty good with helping out, but he has the bum arm (broken humerus) still in a sling.    we went for xrays today and have a follow up appt. with ortho doc end of the week.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Speaking of food... We were so disappointed in the BBQ place on Oasis...  While the stuff tasted really good, they left the membrane on our ribs.  WTH?  Is that even a thing?  Every rib recipe we've tried (we've only done smoker and instant pot recipes), specifically tells you to remove the membrane prior to cooking.

I make ribs in the crock pot. They stand up around the side. Recipe says to leave membrane on for support. After a few hours they are falling off the bone. They have a dry rub in the crick pot, then finished off sauced either under the broiler or on the grill depending on weather.

I've never removed the membrane.

3 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

I make ribs in the crock pot. They stand up around the side. Recipe says to leave membrane on for support. After a few hours they are falling off the bone. They have a dry rub in the crick pot, then finished off sauced either under the broiler or on the grill depending on weather.

Just unAmerican. Not BBQ Ribs. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Just unAmerican. Not BBQ Ribs. 

No, not authentic bbq but it works for me. The former neighbors across the alley had a smoker and used it almost every weekend. We had to smell that wonderful aroma for hours. John doesn't want a smoker or BGE so I do it my way. Maybe when he retires in a year...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Interesting!  My instant pot recipes tell me to remove them...

10 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I remove the membrane.  It is not hard to do.  Then I bake at 350 for 2-3 hours wrapped in foil.  Uncover, slather on sauce and bake another 30 min.  All other BBQ is done by husband on the grill.  

Exactly, this is my method.  Add spice rub before baking in the foil, then finish up with bbq sauce on the grill. Super tender that way. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

In our house, I cook and I do the dishes, the DW puts up the dishes after.  Even better trained husband.😇

My husband also does the majority of the cooking. This started because we worked very different hours and he needed to go to bed much earlier and therefore eat on the early side .... so he prepared for both of us.  I have a few dishes I occasionally make.  If any baking e.g. cupcakes, cookies  .... that is me. 

I do most clean-up. 

With grown children, we started to eat out on weekends.  We had to, of course, stop early-pandemic, but have been able to continue with eating in restaurants since June, following all rules and as allowed.  Without incident, thank goodness. 

Best to all. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Eric is pretty good with helping out, but he has the bum arm (broken humerus) still in a sling.    we went for xrays today and have a follow up appt. with ortho doc end of the week.   

I need to get a sling. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Speaking of food.. Every rib recipe we've tried (we've only done smoker and instant pot recipes), specifically tells you to remove the membrane prior to cooking.

We buy Smithfield three-packs of baby back ribs at our local Costco.  I always removed the membrane, but about two or three years ago I found the membrane had already been removed.  

Even though the instructions say to not rinse them (same for poultry) I always do.  I'm careful to avoid splashing outside of the sink area and do a careful cleanup afterwards.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ouch...hope it continues to mend, and good luck with the follow up appointment.  Hope it is all good news!  🙂 

• Like 1