Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I read they split up

Mike and Edd China did.

Mike then went to the US for about 5 years and got a new mechanic who was an ex traffic policeman but is coming back to the UK and his mechanic is staying in the US as I believe he was getting divorced from his wife.

Edited by grapau27
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear about your illness.

Hopefully it is not to bad.

I was diagnosed in 2014 .I was able to function till Dec.2019 the month of my last cruise.There is no cure for the illness but I go for therapy twice a week.I cannot drive or physically get there on my own.I am totally dependent on my wife to get me there and to do everything else for me.

I am however,still in good spirits .

• Like 4

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was diagnosed in 2014 .I was able to function till Dec.2019 the month of my last cruise.There is no cure for the illness but I go for therapy twice a week.I cannot drive or physically get there on my own.I am totally dependent on my wife to get me there and to do everything else for me.

I am however,still in good spirits .

Sending you my best wishes.

I have a couple of friends who have Parkinsons.

Graham.

10 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was diagnosed in 2014 .

We also have a friend with P., diagnosed 3 years ago. Was vaccinated among the first ones.

As of now, 1.7 million of over 60 have been vaccinated. No fatalities. Only 2 allergic reactions, managed.

Since all the vaccination is based on the infrastructure of the 4 health carers in Israel (we're in Maccabi), they have all the digital data. We received a questionnaire 2 days after the 1st dose, asking us about any side effects (a long list). DH and I both had a slight pain at the injection' point. Gone in 2 days.

Very easy to monitor, organize and report to the Ministry of Health all the side effects, and the media is also closely watching... So far, so good.

Israel reached an agreement with Pfizer -- all the data re: side effects, age, gender in exchange for a speedy supply of vaccines.

Win-Win, since Pfizer is receiving a huge amount of data in a very short time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We also have a friend with P., diagnosed 3 years ago. Was vaccinated among the first ones.

As of now, 1.7 million of over 60 have been vaccinated. No fatalities. Only 2 allergic reactions, managed.

Since all the vaccination is based on the infrastructure of the 4 health carers in Israel (we're in Maccabi), they have all the digital data. We received a questionnaire 2 days after the 1st dose, asking us about any side effects (a long list). DH and I both had a slight pain at the injection' point. Gone in 2 days.

Very easy to monitor, organize and report to the Ministry of Health all the side effects, and the media is also closely watching... So far, so good.

Israel reached an agreement with Pfizer -- all the data re: side effects, age, gender in exchange for a speedy supply of vaccines.

Well done to your government.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

If I was living in Israel I would have no hesitation in taking the vaccination.My biggest regret in life was never going there.One of my son-in-laws lived there in the 80’s .One of my nieces lived and worked there for 5 years in the 80’s .As I posted previously I am watching every Netflix show filmed there 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Where are you that nobody has died in your area ?

Right in the middle of the USA.  Lots of people die every day, some of them from Covid.  Nobody, that I am aware of has died from the vaccine any where on the planet.  That is what I am referring to.

Can you lead me to a link showing dear from any of the vaccines?

• Thanks 1

Just now, xpcdoojk said:

Right in the middle of the USA.  Lots of people die every day, some of them from Covid.  Nobody, that I am aware of has died from the vaccine any where on the planet.  That is what I am referring to.

Can you lead me to a link showing dear from any of the vaccines?

I am unable to do links .I believe there were two people in Alabama.

Ok, that was good enough, I googled it, and it appears to be a facebook hoax. 

In other words, as far as I know there are no actual deaths from any of the approved vaccines. Other than allergic reactions, it doesn’t appear to have any very serious side effects.  You can have an allergic reaction to eating a banana... my wife ended up in the ER one morning from eating a green banana.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I have Parkinson’s disease and today I was speaking to my doctor.She said that she is waiting to take the vaccine.She is not sure that people should be taking it yet and advised me to wait.

I understand your hesitation with a new vaccine and parkinson's meds.  My Dad had Parkinsons, as well as ALS.  He had to be very careful what he took.

With so many getting the vaccine now, there should be lots of data soon that will help her decide whether the vaccine is a good choice for you or not.  

I wish you the best. 🙂 

• Like 4

I have Parkinson’s disease and today I was speaking to my doctor.She said that she is waiting to take the vaccine.She is not sure that people should be taking it yet and advised me to wait.

That is a tough disease.  There have been advances but not enough yet.  For people with chronic disease it may be that the data is not there yet for people with that particular problem and the vaccine.  That is one of the great things about living in the USA everyone can make their own decisions about their health.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

I understand your hesitation with a new vaccine and parkinson's meds.  My Dad had Parkinsons, as well as ALS.  He had to be very careful what he took.

With so many getting the vaccine now, there should be lots of data soon that will help her decide whether the vaccine is a good choice for you or not.  

I wish you the best. 🙂 

Thank you very much

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xpcdoojk said:

In other words, as far as I know there are no actual deaths from any of the approved vaccines. Other than allergic reactions, it doesn’t appear to have any very serious side effects.  You can have an allergic reaction to eating a banana... my wife ended up in the ER one morning from eating a green banana.  

I got my first round of Pfizer vaccine and other than a sore arm for the rest of the day, I had no side effects at all.  Same goes for all my coworkers who got it with me.  So based on my little microcosm of recipients, I'd say it's a success so far.  🙂

However, in a twist of irony, I had close contact that day with a + COVID person who at the time was asymptomatic.  So here I sit vaccinated and in quarantine. Just can't win.  🙄

Edited by Aquahound
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Aquahound said:

However, in a twist of irony, I had close contact that day with a + COVID person who at the time was asymptomatic.  So here I sit vaccinated and in quarantine. Just can't win.  🙄

Fingers crossed you didn't get it, since it seems that it takes time until the vaccine kicks in.

Just curious: Did u wear a mask when you had the "close contact"? Did the +Covid wear one?

We've been told in relation with the UK variant (just saw now on CNN that may be there is also an US variant🤨...), which spreads more quickly, that if you and the other person wear a mask, you're 95% safe.... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Have you watched Shitt’$ Creek yet?  We loved it!!!  It’s perfect for binging, and the shows are short.

A little throw back which I didn’t know about until this Christmas as I didn’t watch Schitt’s Creek until this March... Kevin from Home Alone, his mom is the mom from Schitt’s Creek. 

Possibly my favourite scenes from Schitt’s Creek. 

Unfortunately the audio is not as good in this one, so you have to turn it up a fair amount. Read the comment below after you watch it. 

Turns out it was his sister.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Digjharper said:

Well after today presentation from our (Dear) leader here in Scotland, certainly need some cheering up as she tells us she is looking from next week to closing all food takeaways and even click and collect from various stores. Thankfully we have enough alcohol in our house to last until mid summer so we should be fine. However, to continue my previous post and some crazy answers, see some others from various quiz shows in the UK (mainly Tipping Point).

Q - Manuel Valls is Prime Minster of which European country?
A - Africa

Q - St Patrick banished snakes from which European country?
A - Spain

Q - In science, which electrical unit is named after the Italian physicist Alessandro Volta
A - Amp

Q - The Churchill Factor is a novel about which former Prime Minister?
A - Margaret Thatcher

Q - Which tool is used for knocking in nails?
A - A chisel

Q - In 1841, who introduced the first package holiday?
A - British Airways

Q - The name of the Queen single is Bohemian…?
A - Devil

Q - What day is Christmas day traditionally celebrated in the UK?
A - Wednesday

Q - How long did the Six-Day War between Egypt and Israel last?"

A - 14 days.

Q - What was Gandhi's first name?"

A - Goosey

Q - What happened in Dallas on November 22, 1963?"

A - I don't know, I wasn't watching it then.

Q - What was Hitler's first name?"

A - "Heil."

Oh my!!  Scary, isnt it!

14 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Have you watched Shitt’$ Creek yet?  We loved it!!!  It’s perfect for binging, and the shows are short.

Yes, I watched that show every year when new episodes released.  My Dh, Eric, never watched but this summer he binged on it and love it too!!

3 hours ago, Aquahound said:

I got my first round of Pfizer vaccine and other than a sore arm for the rest of the day, I had no side effects at all.  Same goes for all my coworkers who got it with me.  So based on my little microcosm of recipients, I'd say it's a success so far.  🙂

Hi Paul.  I haven’t seen you around in ages, but maybe I just haven’t noticed?

Anyway.  I am really really sorry that you are in quarantine.  Irony sucks.  I must say though it is good to see you again.

jc

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Wow Dani. That is an awesome rollout of vaccination. Kudos to Israel for getting the vaccines out to so many people in such a short time. :classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1