Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

If I was living in Israel I would have no hesitation in taking the vaccination.My biggest regret in life was never going there.One of my son-in-laws lived there in the 80’s .One of my nieces lived and worked there for 5 years in the 80’s .As I posted previously I am watching every Netflix show filmed there 

So get vaccinated and go! (When things aren't locked down) There are wheelchairs available that you could take with you and bring a grandchild to push. I am sad to see people with regrets about places they wanted to go but never had the opportunity to visit. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, singinalot said:

Tomorrow is my hair appointment, a bank appointment (Florida/future related), and a trip to Costco to maybe buy a new bed frame. I’m really hoping to find some time this weekend to use the new drone. Same version as the old one, but just want to make sure it works properly. 🤞🤞🤞

That's great you can have hair appointments! I missed the short time that the salons were open in September? (And then it was just for haircuts) So I haven't had a cut and highlights since March. :classic_sad: I would think that it would be longer, Bill cut the ends off in August. But it hasn't really grown that much. 

Your dog grooming experiment sort of reminded me of Bill's hair when I tried that clipper tool on him in August. :classic_biggrin::classic_rolleyes::classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Hi Paul.  I haven’t seen you around in ages, but maybe I just haven’t noticed?

Anyway.  I am really really sorry that you are in quarantine.  Irony sucks.  I must say though it is good to see you again.

jc

Hey buddy, thanks for the kind words. Just haven’t been on RCI board in a while.  Doing good so far. I hope all has been well with you. 🙂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Fingers crossed you didn't get it, since it seems that it takes time until the vaccine kicks in.

Just curious: Did u wear a mask when you had the "close contact"? Did the +Covid wear one?

We've been told in relation with the UK variant (just saw now on CNN that may be there is also an US variant🤨...), which spreads more quickly, that if you and the other person wear a mask, you're 95% safe.... 

Yes on masks. Problem was, we work together so we were both in the office and rode together to get the vaccine. Oh well. Funny thing is, we’re also ju jitsu sparring partners and we’ve been avoiding the mat room for months. I usually beat him, so this is his way of getting even. 😁😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Ok, that was good enough, I googled it, and it appears to be a facebook hoax. 

In other words, as far as I know there are no actual deaths from any of the approved vaccines. Other than allergic reactions, it doesn’t appear to have any very serious side effects.  You can have an allergic reaction to eating a banana... my wife ended up in the ER one morning from eating a green banana.  

I believe more have died and will die as a result of their “fear” of all things COVID19.  It’s my understanding, one person in Miami has died after receiving the vaccine but it wasn’t from the vaccine. It was from other causes. 

Too early for Google and links this morning. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You both can get get it here. Tomorrow is last day. VA says 85. If @John&LaLa or @molly361 have your info. I can send to them. 2 hour wait. 

News is reporting VA doing vaccines for 75+. My email from VA where I signed up says 85+. Who knows. I got mine locally for 65+. At least there seems to be a push now to get the vaccines used. 

M8

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

News is reporting VA doing vaccines for 75+. My email from VA where I signed up says 85+. Who knows. I got mine locally for 65+. At least there seems to be a push now to get the vaccines used. 

M8

My state is one of the 8 reported this morning, who are pushing to use up what we have, instead of holding back the 2nd doses that are in reserve.  Not sure if that will be a mistake or not.  Time will tell!

• Thanks 1

Here is a picture of my 87yo Mom getting her vaccine. It was a all day process as she lives about 70 miles South of me and with the additional 2 hour wait. They allowed me to put her inside out of the cool weather (and near the ladies room) while I waited in line for her place. She was very happy to get it. She had attempted to sign up online but was refused as she is on blood thinners. The agent said she needed a referral from her PCP. No questions were asked regarding blood thinners in the line for the shot. They did have questions asking if she was pregnant. 

I got mine the previous day so return date was different for each of us. They seemed to indicate that it would be ok for her to get her second dosage with me (one day early). 

M8

0630BF8A-676A-4C5E-9995-B405DF026C83.jpeg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Here is a picture of my 87yo Mom getting her vaccine. It was a all day process as she lives about 70 miles South of me and with the additional 2 hour wait. They allowed me to put her inside out of the cool weather (and near the ladies room) while I waited in line for her place. She was very happy to get it. She had attempted to sign up online but was refused as she is on blood thinners. The agent said she needed a referral from her PCP. No questions were asked regarding blood thinners in the line for the shot. They did have questions asking if she was pregnant. 

I got mine the previous day so return date was different for each of us. They seemed to indicate that it would be ok for her to get her second dosage with me (one day early). 

M8

0630BF8A-676A-4C5E-9995-B405DF026C83.jpeg

You're a great son M8.  Glad you were able to get your first dose.  

• Thanks 1

My DH was talking to a couple of his west coast sales people, and both were offered vaccines when they were in a drug store, even though they were not in a “qualifying group”.  Turns out several people who signed up for the shot didn’t come in, and the doses were about to expire. Glad the doses didn’t go to waste, but sad that I’m sure several are 😞

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vacationlover_mn said:

My DH was talking to a couple of his west coast sales people, and both were offered vaccines when they were in a drug store, even though they were not in a “qualifying group”.  Turns out several people who signed up for the shot didn’t come in, and the doses were about to expire. Glad the doses didn’t go to waste, but sad that I’m sure several are 😞

I’m happy to see the remaining doses in vile were used. That would be the worst, throwing them out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My appointment was at the end of the day and they had a few people waiting for doses not used.  One couple had thought they signed up but they didn't finish the form.  They told them to come back at the end and if there were shots not used they could get them.  I heard they had 5-6 people not show up that day.  Here they are working very hard to give out all and as many shots as possible.  All full strength.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We also have a friend with P., diagnosed 3 years ago. Was vaccinated among the first ones.

As of now, 1.7 million of over 60 have been vaccinated. No fatalities. Only 2 allergic reactions, managed.

Since all the vaccination is based on the infrastructure of the 4 health carers in Israel (we're in Maccabi), they have all the digital data. We received a questionnaire 2 days after the 1st dose, asking us about any side effects (a long list). DH and I both had a slight pain at the injection' point. Gone in 2 days.

Very easy to monitor, organize and report to the Ministry of Health all the side effects, and the media is also closely watching... So far, so good.

Israel reached an agreement with Pfizer -- all the data re: side effects, age, gender in exchange for a speedy supply of vaccines.

Win-Win, since Pfizer is receiving a huge amount of data in a very short time.

That is wonderful news!    

• Thanks 1

Big day today for American football fans.  As my avatar shows, I'm an Ohio State fan for college football, but I grew up in Buffalo and am a die hard Bills fan when it comes to the pros.  I've suffered through many years of failure, including 4 straight Super Bowl loses in the early 90s (Google "wide right" 🤮).  They've got a real shot this year at another Super Bowl appearance, and possibly even finally winning.  Fingers crossed, toes crossed, eyes crossed...whatever it takes.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Coralc said:

That's great you can have hair appointments! I missed the short time that the salons were open in September? (And then it was just for haircuts) So I haven't had a cut and highlights since March. :classic_sad: I would think that it would be longer, Bill cut the ends off in August. But it hasn't really grown that much. 

Your dog grooming experiment sort of reminded me of Bill's hair when I tried that clipper tool on him in August. :classic_biggrin::classic_rolleyes::classic_biggrin:

Oh my I couldn't imagine going that long without salon visits.  Here in PA our salons closed march to june.  They have remained full service since june.  I go every 6 weeks for hair and every couple of weeks for mani-pedi.   They have all services available, except for facials.  Plexiglass divides every station, girls are double masked and everyone must wash their hands and temp check when you walk in front door.  I feel completely safe there.  

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You both can get get it here. Tomorrow is last day. VA says 85. If @John&LaLa or @molly361 have your info. I can send to them. 2 hour wait. 

I have appointment for the 14th with Brevard County Health(and they will give me appointment right then for second shot)   I think once they get through the "over 75" appointments...things will progress on at the VA.  He might be getting closer by third week of the month, IMHO.

But thanks anyway!  🙂 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Oh my I couldn't imagine going that long without salon visits.  Here in PA our salons closed march to june.  They have remained full service since june.  I go every 6 weeks for hair and every couple of weeks for mani-pedi.   They have all services available, except for facials.  Plexiglass divides every station, girls are double masked and everyone must wash their hands and temp check when you walk in front door.  I feel completely safe there.  

Where I get my hair cut, the place was closed down for 2 weeks.  The owner contracted Covid and had to close it.  She was sick, but not hospitalized.  

I did get in to see her the week after she reopened.  She told me she had several customers who flatly refused to wear a mask.  She will insist they do now, or they can leave.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update on Mom this morning. I talked to her both last night and this morning. Zero reaction to the vaccine. She said her arm wasn’t even sore. She told me it was the best night sleep in ages. She continues to be so happy she got the first dose. COVID19 has really been hard on our super seniors. 

M8

• Like 13

Here in SC the hospitals have petitioned the DHEC to move on to category 1b.  They have plenty of vaccines but the health care workers aren’t signing up very fast.  The DHEC is considering it, but want to wait until 1/15, the date they told health care workers they needed to sign up by.  I’m seriously thinking we should have moved to Florida instead of here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Coralc said:

So get vaccinated and go! (When things aren't locked down) There are wheelchairs available that you could take with you and bring a grandchild to push. I am sad to see people with regrets about places they wanted to go but never had the opportunity to visit. 

14 hours ago, Coralc said:

I have not been able to be on a plane since 2010.I have 13 medical issues

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Big day today for American football fans.  As my avatar shows, I'm an Ohio State fan for college football, but I grew up in Buffalo and am a die hard Bills fan when it comes to the pros.  I've suffered through many years of failure, including 4 straight Super Bowl loses in the early 90s (Google "wide right" 🤮).  They've got a real shot this year at another Super Bowl appearance, and possibly even finally winning.  Fingers crossed, toes crossed, eyes crossed...whatever it takes.

The Bills are the best team in NY.Go Bills.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

It’s been a few days, and I’m still sad about it being over 😞. Every episode was so fantastic!!!

I'm told I should start watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine.  As a fan of The Office, Parks&Rec and Schitts Creek, Brooklyn would be in my wheelhouse.