Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, Coralc said:

That's a beautiful photo! Certainly frame worthy or with Christmas card potential. :classic_biggrin:

Are those female elk? 

Yes, there were actually five but three were sitting/lying down and didn't really show up in the pictures I took.  This was as close as I could get with my Iphone. No sign of a bull. This is one of those times I wish I had invested in higher end camera gear.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, singinalot said:

Sucks as we were going to try traveling to aruba in April/may this year to make up for a cancelled sep trip.  It’s stressful enough to find testing before leaving and then to have to do the same before you leave.....if they keep this in place I guess we will just try warmer states for a vacation.  

• Like 2

On 1/10/2021 at 9:41 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry to hear this but glad you got him to the ER to get help.  Too many are waiting to long.  Family will certainly help get you through this.

Oh my, I am sorry to hear about Charlie.  I'm just catching up on this thread.  I'm hoping he is doing better today.   The worst is not being able to be in hospital with him.   You are both in our thoughts and prayers.

On 1/10/2021 at 12:08 PM, h20skibum said:

Right, but which one?  The weather has always been beautiful for our January cruises, with the clear skies like yours.

How about 3 years ago this week (2018)?

What ship? (This one is a Royal ship)

D1EB94EF-9749-424B-9FB5-F91A2DD0E1FB.thumb.jpeg.8db3f8baf5ce89dcceb0ddee5fdb2a55.jpeg

961BCF8C-D947-405A-A2DA-E7C22A042F6A.thumb.jpeg.aa118db3095d5eab029311de5fdb8636.jpeg

9D3D32FA-8B39-4987-844F-4419881437AB.thumb.jpeg.026ea07d6658a5c41a5b0ba3aea16bf3.jpeg

Guess the port where we found this?

759064EC-E632-4F3E-AF09-27BB59C8DEB6.thumb.jpeg.56edd89040a5b793af37e170593ecb0a.jpeg

Probably already answered but I'm playing catch up.  That has to be the Serenade, one of my favorites.  

Shipwreck is that Key West?

3 minutes ago, singinalot said:

agreed. researched the testing site in Tulum and between making the appt online, waiting for results, and taking the chance of getting stuck, we decided it wasn’t worth it.

Now looking at southern florida as an alternative but we’re all pretty disheartened right now

I’m with ya on the disheartened feeling. Was so looking forward to aruba.   Keeping my fingers crossed on the rules changing as the vaccines and hopefully cases going down.  Travel industry will be sure to take another hit they dont need. 

Anyone have any recommendations for a resort in Florida and/or Arizona?   We are not looking to go off property too much just enjoy sun, pools, beach, etc.  

• Like 2

On 1/11/2021 at 11:25 AM, Milwaukee Eight said:

Great news. We continue to think about you guys. 

Any clue why he couldn’t get a room in NY Hospital?

M8

As my eric is a transplant recipient, we have learned that a lot of hospitals prefer to let the original transplant team handle, when possible.   

Plus they want to get them home asap during pandemic so the ER doc was probably speaking or emailing his transplant team test results, etc before they would do anything.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if the CDC will eventually change the testing requirements for people who can show proof of vaccination. When you consider the number of people who are skeptical of the vaccine, I think seeing these testing requirements, the need to wear masks, and the need to distance yourself from people even if vaccinated just feeds into their skepticism. It certainly isn't going to do much to motivate those people who are holdouts to change their minds. I just throw that out there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Singinalot, love your new dining room. We’re halfway thru getting ours redone. Still looking for accent rug.  Getting furniture in couple weeks. 
Here’s pictures of old and new. Or new and old depends on which one comes out first. The carpet one is old. 

0FB8A458-F15E-4E81-B4F2-8101983C7436.jpeg

AD2FAA77-A9C9-4ADC-84D0-BE997D801C00.jpeg

Beautiful floor.  I love the pattern🤩

48 minutes ago, singinalot said:

agreed. researched the testing site in Tulum and between making the appt online, waiting for results, and taking the chance of getting stuck, we decided it wasn’t worth it.

Now looking at southern florida as an alternative but we’re all pretty disheartened right now

Turn lemons into lemonade.  Great time to go back to FL for your house hunt 👙

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder if the CDC will eventually change the testing requirements for people who can show proof of vaccination. When you consider the number of people who are skeptical of the vaccine, I think seeing these testing requirements, the need to wear masks, and the need to distance yourself from people even if vaccinated just feeds into their skepticism. It certainly isn't going to do much to motivate those people who are holdouts to change their minds. I just throw that out there.

Would think so.  But wonder how long after the second dose they will say OK?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Probably already answered but I'm playing catch up.  That has to be the Serenade, one of my favorites.  

Shipwreck is that Key West?

You are right, that was answered in a post about a short hike on Sunday.  That was the Serenade, and the shipwreck was at Key West.

15 hours ago, singinalot said:

well, our vacay just got rained on 😩

15 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Well that stinks😳

14 hours ago, singinalot said:

we just cancelled 💔

14 hours ago, Coralc said:

Awwwh. That's too bad (yet again). :classic_sad: Although I agree that it might be difficult to find a test site in Mexico within the timelines. 

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

That sucks.  ☹️

Bummer, and all of the above... We live in very "hard to adapt to the sheer reality of all that's happening to us".... We were not "programmed" for this pandemic in our live times.

Seems that combining pleasure with business (Florida?) may be the only option right now 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thought this might be of interest.

Thanks, Graham, for posting -- seems very promising.

During the last months I was indeed wondering, while a lot of researchers were doing their best to find a vaccine, why, at the same time, there are no break throughs for drugs which can fight this sly virus???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1