Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, singinalot said:

All, I’m going to take a little break from this little chat for a while, but I wanted to at least say goodbyes 🙂 

It’s been overall refreshing to have fellow cruisers in the same boat alongside us this past almost year. 

You can find me on IG with this same screen name if you’d like to keep in touch.

Best wishes for a fun 2021 for all of you!

~Crystal

Off to find you on IG. Will miss you and Nate.  

Please pop back in here upon occasion to say hi. I have a feeling this thread will be active for a while yet. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 8:39 PM, Ocean Boy said:

I wonder if the CDC will eventually change the testing requirements for people who can show proof of vaccination. When you consider the number of people who are skeptical of the vaccine, I think seeing these testing requirements, the need to wear masks, and the need to distance yourself from people even if vaccinated just feeds into their skepticism. It certainly isn't going to do much to motivate those people who are holdouts to change their minds. I just throw that out there.

Screenshot_20210113-195743_Facebook.thumb.jpg.1047e7a9aca5ad9b721a564be97b914f.jpg

• Like 3

So a routine thing today (NOT). We inherited 2 cats when my mom passed away. They don't really like each other. And the elderly long haired cat lost an eye to the other one. 

He is old and furry, and apparently stepped in wet cat litter a couple of days ago which glued itself to his back paw sort of like a cement sandal. We noticed that he was tapping as he walked across the kitchen floor. :classic_biggrin: 

So today's project was to wrap him in a towel and soak his paw in a bowl of warm soapy water and use an old toothbrush to try to remove the solidified cat litter from between his toes and pads. You can imagine how it went...the cat is screaming and squirming. Water is going everywhere. The other cat is watching in amazement and seemingly hoping that we are killing him.  :classic_biggrin: It is not something we wish to repeat. 

Kitty 3  on the beach tie removed.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

We just lost our 23 year old cat, that I let my wife adopt 22-1/2 years ago... and I got to take care of...  

When she sent me an email saying we need to adopt this kitty... I said, have I ever denied you anything you wanted.  Worst decision of my life.  I loved that cat, but O M G... cats are disgusting, on their best days and terrible every day.

Good mom and dad!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It is always hard to lose a pet because we (even jc) get so attached to them over the years. They become part of the family. Even these 2 cats that we didn't adopt by choice. One of them is nicknamed s***head and the other one fuzzball because even the roomba can't keep up with all of the fur. 

I will be sad/not sorry when they pass away, because it is a hassle and expensive when we want to travel for vacation. I know you didn't ask me, but that is my opinion of these pets. And I think many cruiser pet owners feel similarly. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

I will be sad/not sorry when they pass away, because it is a hassle and expensive when we want to travel for vacation. I know you didn't ask me, but that is my opinion of these pets. 

Tough situation. I think it's a big difference between picking out a family pet and ending up with one by default. Saddled with guilt if you don't adopt it. Sorry.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Tough situation. I think it's a big difference between picking out a family pet and ending up with one by default. Saddled with guilt if you don't adopt it. Sorry.

We take really good care of them. We just spent $999.00 on Bobby's vet bill to find out he was hyperthyroid. So that adds a new wrinkle to travel with him having a pill every day. We love cats. But we went a long time with just having the backyard squirrels and we could travel without guilt. Sorry. I will quit now, since we can't travel anyway. 10 months of California lockdown gets to me on occasion. 

Yesterday, I lead a group of 12 to St Augustine on our Daytona HOG Historic House Rides. We stopped by 4. Here is our post from FB. 

Daytona HOG set out in search of Historic Homes in St Augustine. After negotiating a few narrow one way brick roads, we accomplished our goal.  We visited Villa Zorayda, Dow Home, Ximenez-Fatio House, and finally the Pena-Peek House. It was a chilly day and always an adventure.

AA9020A3-7BAB-4AAB-9F8C-70DD9400D297.jpeg

CAD8E551-AF0A-43CD-82B8-92B500AF6AC8.jpeg

E967D585-25E8-4884-9A1B-F72ECAA79822.jpeg

E2B523DF-6986-4ECB-B1F0-6BDA4A1166FB.jpeg

66C62274-ABA5-4D38-B699-2B5CE44255F4.jpeg

7F53A81F-85C1-4337-B2F9-8401D14F5B2F.jpeg

D68797DD-6DEA-4929-8A69-784BDA00B40B.jpeg

4A04D2CD-33D5-4EED-A5CA-400A9C1EA719.jpeg

CBA3CA7F-49BD-4B43-9ABA-6CA22D2187DC.jpeg

A823FB75-A42F-45AF-AB9E-B98E0DDBFB76.jpeg

A61E6F8B-ECFE-40F1-9F53-D544251654FA.jpeg

2091D39A-1ACB-41CC-87DD-07968687D460.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Nice trip and beautiful houses, thanks for taking us "along the ride"😁

St Augustine is a very old city/town. It’s worth a trip if you have the time. Lots of walking and parking is limited and expensive. It’s best to take the trolley and get off/on at most the popular sights. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

St Augustine is a very old city/town. It’s worth a trip if you have the time. Lots of walking and parking is limited and expensive. It’s best to take the trolley and get off/on at most the popular sights. 

Thanks for posting pics from these rides.  Always enjoyable.  That seems like a long ride for you...4 hours in each direction??  Do you take highways to get there faster or more local roads so that there's more to see?

St. Augustine is about 1.5 hours from our new house.  It's on the list of places to visit.  I've been there before but only remember the fort and a pedestrian street with lots of shops.  I'm sure there's much more to see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I am guessing something really hard happened.  Sigh... sorry to hear

Hopefully just a mental break.  When I add up the time that I spend on social media, there are probably better things that I can be doing with my time, but I'd need to quit cold turkey for a while (like Bob/Clarea).  Not that I don't enjoy the fine company and social outlet that I get here, especially during the pandemic. 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1