Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Understand. Wind chill at 70 is pretty cold when outside temperatures are in the 40’s. We dress warm. We can always peel off clothes. Motorcycle riders learn to layer. Lol

To you riders out there. Have any of you sailed with Harley Captain Johnny?

A funny story, my daughter and her boyfriend were on deck on the Allure (before he went to the Harmony) and they thought they were going nuts and hearing things, sounded like a motorcycle and sure enough they saw him on his bike riding on the deck. Probably would not allow that nowadays.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Coralc said:

Just a note: David Baldacci's new Atlee Pine thriller, "Daylight" is on sale for $4.99 for the ebook. I am a B&N Nook reader, but Amazon Kindle usually has the same price. :classic_smile:

I've got it on hold at the library. Can't wait.

And she's also teamed up with John Puller - another Baldacci favorite of mine.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

We get ours on Wednesday, hoping we do as well as you!

I spoke to soon .Last night from 8:00 to this morning at approximately 9:00 I had excrutiating pain in my arm,nausea,and a headache.I still have pain in my arm but not that bad.I took 2000 mg of Extra strength Tylenol and a very hot shower.

Last night my face was flushed but only briefly.

My wife and daughter had no problems at all.

I hope that you and your husband do well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

Just a note: David Baldacci's new Atlee Pine thriller, "Daylight" is on sale for $4.99 for the ebook. I am a B&N Nook reader, but Amazon Kindle usually has the same price. :classic_smile:

Thanks for the tip. I immediately went to Amazon, and the weirdest thing is -- 4.99$ indeed for the Kindle book is advertised, but when you go for the "buy it with one click" -- it is 10.73$... 

I assume the 4.99$ is for members or those having the Amazon application.

Anyhow, the dollar here is weak. Took advantage of the exchange rate and bought both #2 and #3 of Atlee.

Hoping to start #1 tonight (Just finishing the 5th and last book of Will Robie -- honestly, the whole series was kind of disappointing... Jessica Reel had me groaning many times...)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

True, and those people are everywhere and will always be around.

I'm talking about the vast majority that will take their cue from their leaders. If they see business as usual....well, then its' business as usual.

We don’t need the Government (leaders) telling us what to do. They think Smokers should get priority over others. I’m not picking on NY at this moment. Lol

I can see it now, let’s start smoking so we can jump the line. What do these people think?  Our media locally says that nearly qualifies 50% of NJ. 

Be responsible for yourself. We are. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

To you riders out there. Have any of you sailed with Harley Captain Johnny?

A funny story, my daughter and her boyfriend were on deck on the Allure (before he went to the Harmony) and they thought they were going nuts and hearing things, sounded like a motorcycle and sure enough they saw him on his bike riding on the deck. Probably would not allow that nowadays.

Yes we have and had good conversations with him. Celebrity allows one to bring their motorcycles. 

• Like 1

Sorry about the price mixup then. I agree, Jessica Reel is a bit much. 

I really like Atlee Pine's Administrative Assistant as a character.

Baldacci is doing a lot of character crossovers in his recent books. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We don’t need the Government (leaders) telling us what to do. They think Smokers should get priority over others. I’m not picking on NY at this moment. Lol

I can see it now, let’s start smoking so we can jump the line. What do these people think?  Our media locally says that nearly qualifies 50% of NJ.

50% of NJ smokes? That seems high. 

I wonder how they are going to enforce that? Do you have to smoke an entire cigarette/cigar, etc first to prove you are a smoker? Or is it it on the honor system...like self-quarantine after traveling?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Temps are hitting low 40's here. It's going to feel like Spring. I'll probably leave the jacket home when I go out later. Maybe even wear a t-shirt. 🙂

Same here in PA - nice warm sunny day in low 40's.    I went for a walk with just a sweatshirt on.    Little chilly now that sunset but it is January!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

50% of NJ smokes? That seems high. 

I wonder how they are going to enforce that? Do you have to smoke an entire cigarette/cigar, etc first to prove you are a smoker? Or is it it on the honor system...like self-quarantine after traveling?

The 50% seemed high to me as well. It was reported on local ABC news that nearly 50% of residents in NJ smoked. I thought that was way too high. 

Seems ridiculous to me to bump smokers to the front of the line. How do you and @yogimax feel about this?

M8

7 hours ago, island lady said:

That's true.  And we can both think of one glaring example.  Sigh.   😞  But nothing is as bad as what they are having to go through right now.  My poor sister is overwhelmed, and so tired of seeing so many die.  

Yes, my SIL that is a charge nurse for ICU's at 2 large hospitals is disgusted every time she see someone without a mask or wearing it wrong.    She feels like telling them to come in and watch her intubate someone, may then they will think twice about that mask.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I spoke to soon .Last night from 8:00 to this morning at approximately 9:00 I had excrutiating pain in my arm,nausea,and a headache.I still have pain in my arm but not that bad.I took 2000 mg of Extra strength Tylenol and a very hot shower.

Last night my face was flushed but only briefly.

My wife and daughter had no problems at all.

I hope that you and your husband do well.

Which vaccine did you get?

6 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We will probably also have cats until we aren’t capable of taking care of them. 

I hate scooping the litter so we bought this. Best thing ever. Take the bag out 2 x a week and we're good to go. It’s huge and we had to put a piece of plywood across the upstairs tub because it wouldn’t fit down in it. That was the only draw back, but not a big deal.

https://www.litter-robot.com/litter-robot-iii-open-air-with-connect.html

OMG, I love it!    I just may have to ask for one of these for valentines day - Hehe

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

OMG, I love it!    I just may have to ask for one of these for valentines day - Hehe

Best money ever spent on a litter device. Mike wanted to set it up asap when it arrived. That was when we learned it wouldn't fit down in the tub. We had an old piece of plywood in the garage we used. I was going to paint it, but Mike wanted to set it up asap so at this point I don't know when I'll get around to it. People don't know it's behind the curtain which is nice. Small trash bags from Walmart fit so you don't have to buy the more expensive ones. It cycles after each poop so they aren't having to dig around another 🐈 poop.

Screenshot_20210114-221256_Pulse.jpg

• Like 2