Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Well after today presentation from our (Dear) leader here in Scotland, certainly need some cheering up as she tells us she is looking from next week to closing all food takeaways and even click and collect from various stores. Thankfully we have enough alcohol in our house to last until mid summer so we should be fine. However, to continue my previous post and some crazy answers, see some others from various quiz shows in the UK (mainly Tipping Point).

Q - Manuel Valls is Prime Minster of which European country?
A - Africa

Q - St Patrick banished snakes from which European country?
A - Spain

Q - In science, which electrical unit is named after the Italian physicist Alessandro Volta
A - Amp

Q - The Churchill Factor is a novel about which former Prime Minister?
A - Margaret Thatcher

Q - Which tool is used for knocking in nails?
A - A chisel

Q - In 1841, who introduced the first package holiday?
A - British Airways

Q - The name of the Queen single is Bohemian…?
A - Devil

Q - What day is Christmas day traditionally celebrated in the UK?
A - Wednesday

Q - How long did the Six-Day War between Egypt and Israel last?"

A - 14 days.

Q - What was Gandhi's first name?"

A - Goosey

Q - What happened in Dallas on November 22, 1963?"

A - I don't know, I wasn't watching it then.

Q - What was Hitler's first name?"

A - "Heil."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Digjharper said:

Well after today presentation from our (Dear) leader here in Scotland, certainly need some cheering up as she tells us she is looking from next week to closing all food takeaways and even click and collect from various stores. Thankfully we have enough alcohol in our house to last until mid summer so we should be fine. However, to continue my previous post and some crazy answers, see some others from various quiz shows in the UK (mainly Tipping Point).

Q - Manuel Valls is Prime Minster of which European country?
A - Africa

Q - St Patrick banished snakes from which European country?
A - Spain

Q - In science, which electrical unit is named after the Italian physicist Alessandro Volta
A - Amp

Q - The Churchill Factor is a novel about which former Prime Minister?
A - Margaret Thatcher

Q - Which tool is used for knocking in nails?
A - A chisel

Q - In 1841, who introduced the first package holiday?
A - British Airways

Q - The name of the Queen single is Bohemian…?
A - Devil

Q - What day is Christmas day traditionally celebrated in the UK?
A - Wednesday

Q - How long did the Six-Day War between Egypt and Israel last?"

A - 14 days.

Q - What was Gandhi's first name?"

A - Goosey

Q - What happened in Dallas on November 22, 1963?"

A - I don't know, I wasn't watching it then.

Q - What was Hitler's first name?"

A - "Heil."

How are you supposed to eat?  That seems stupid and insane.

3 hours ago, dbancroft said:

Wait and see what happens when you have wine

That's why I started this process this morning right after breakfast.  Actually go the computer late yesterday, but was too close to HH at that time. Waited until I was fresh this morning.  Too me until noon...but I am all set up now.  This new screen is HUGE!!  😮  😉 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Have you watched Shitt’$ Creek yet?  We loved it!!!  It’s perfect for binging, and the shows are short.

Love that show. DW & DD have probably seen each episode 3 or 4 times. It was a show that def ended too soon.

I also like Parks and Rec.  It started off as an Office-like show as was often overshadowed by The Office. But it quickly grew into it's own lovable, quirky personality.  I want to be Ron Swanson when I grow up. We already share many similar traits, such as love of red meat. By season 3, it really hits it's stride and I actually like it better than The Office now, which used to be my previous favorite prior to Schitts Creek.

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Great show.  The actors playing the 4 family members are perfect.

Yes! Each one is fantastic. I can never get enough of listening Moira speak.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

👎 👎 👎

One of our respected P&O UK posters said her husband who works for the NHS said people are dying within days with the new variant rather than weeks with the original.

Stay safe everyone.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, island lady said:

I wish the VA would start vaccines for Vets...so far no word, and no appointment for Bucky.  

Not sure if it's supply or available staff on hand.  

You both can get get it here. Tomorrow is last day. VA says 85. If @John&LaLa or @molly361 have your info. I can send to them. 2 hour wait. 

17 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

One of our respected P&O UK posters said her husband who works for the NHS said people are dying within days with the new variant rather than weeks with the original.

Stay safe everyone.

Graham.

Here the experts are worried about the new variants -- it seems that "your" variant is 6 times more contagious than the "old kid in town", resulting in much more cases --> more hospitalizations --> less time for doctors to treat adequately....

The SA variant seems more dangerous, the jury is still out if the new vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) work against it. 

Keep safe. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Here the experts are worried about the new variants -- it seems that "your" variant is 6 times more contagious than the "old kid in town", resulting in much more cases --> more hospitalizations --> less time for doctors to treat adequately....

The SA variant seems more dangerous, the jury is still out if the new vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) work against it. 

Keep safe. 

It is much more contagious.

68,000 new positive covid19 cases today compared to 30,000 new cases a few weeks ago.

A record 1325 deaths in the last 24 hours compared to 300 a few weeks ago.

20 hours ago, Keksie said:

I think the odds are in my favor.  They do have you sit there for 15 minutes to make sure there is no immediate reaction.  The only death I know of is one in Florida and that has not been linked to the vaccine.  Just someone who died several weeks after receiving the vaccine.  Currently 4.6 million people have received the vaccine.  

I have Parkinson’s disease and today I was speaking to my doctor.She said that she is waiting to take the vaccine.She is not sure that people should be taking it yet and advised me to wait.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Porridge with Ronnie Barker and 

Only fools and horses with David Jason are classic UK comedies.

My favorite British show was Wheeler Dealers

I would have bought a couple of their projects

• Like 1

18 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Where have you heard that people have died from the side effects of any of the approved Covid19 vaccines?  If that is true it has been completely off the news here.  Some people have had allergic reactions, but as far as I know no one has died.  While I am a skeptic about how many people have actually died from the virus, I know lots have.  I am unaware that any have died of the vaccine.  

On another note.  According to the news, nobody is dying with the flu this year.... amazing.  Covid19 cured the flu.

jc

Where are you that nobody has died in your area ?

35 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have Parkinson’s disease and today I was speaking to my doctor.She said that she is waiting to take the vaccine.She is not sure that people should be taking it yet and advised me to wait.

Sorry to hear about your illness.

Hopefully it is not to bad.