Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Jack had a Seinfeld moment renting a car yesterday.  Remember the episode where Jerry reserved a car rental but the agent told him no cars were available?  Same thing happened to Jack.  He reserved and received a confirmation that a full size car would be ready for pick up yesterday at 10am.  I repeat:  reserved and confirmed.  Yesterday at 8am he received a phone call letting him know his car would be available for pick up at 3pm.  No cars were available at 10.  Jack let them know he had a confirmed reservation for 10am pick up.  Car rental agent told him no cars are available at that time.  Jack again wanted to know why he received a confirmation if there would be no cars available.  That is the whole purpose of reserving a car.  This went on and on and of course Jack had to pick up the car at 3.   

I You tubed the Seinfeld car rental episode and it was exactly what Jack went through.

"You know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to hold the reservation"

Our car is in the shop being worked on.

Not going to list car rental prices but they are insanely high.

Debbie and Marietta, enjoy your cruise!!

Graham, hope your Sarah is feeling better.

Love seeing grandkids having fun.

OB, your Jade looks regal and a loving part of your family now.  Oh, that soft fur and those eyes!

4 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

From me also🤞🙏

Graham, hope Sarah gets well soon🤞

Thank you Bonnie and Marietta.

Sarah text yesterday to say she was feeling better and today she has just text to say she has slept all day.

I had my follow up appointment after my knee steroid injection.

I have lost 1 stone in weight in the 3 weeks since the injection which the doctor was pleased with.

He said to exercise to build up a little muscle wastage and if the constant pain comes back he will give me another injection.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, best of luck.

What I like about Tony is that he isn't a cheerleader of any one cruise line.  He really seems to tell it like it is.  He gave a favorable review of his Virgin Lady cruise which surprised me.  I have read on a few different occasions that the food is outstanding.

Thanks,Bonnie

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I just returned from a doctors office.I am scheduled for my 6th.Moh’s surgery and possibly second skin graft.

Sending positive thoughts your way that all goes well with your Moh's surgery and possible skin graft.       When are you scheduled?     Seems like most specialty items are taking anywhere from 1 to 3 months to get scheduled in my area.    I had scheduled my Mohs in December for April.   I couldn't believe they were that far out with their schedule.     Same for routine eye exam - scheduled 3 months in advance.    

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Hi Marietta,  I just finished our check in.  Ready to report to muster E2 at 11 am😄

Now I'm craving a kummelweck from Parks.

Excited to meet you, Charlie and family🍹

Anticipation is half the fun!  Is it on August 28, Debbie?

We booked our Jr. Suite on Liberty of the Seas for January 30th;  we will become Diamond at the end of the cruise.😊

7 hours ago, akcruz said:

Let's see if I can get this to work.  Here is my granddaughter from a few years ago after our dinner at Lulu's.  Food is ok, but great place to take kids.

Your granddaughter is adorable!

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Jack had a Seinfeld moment renting a car yesterday.  Remember the episode where Jerry reserved a car rental but the agent told him no cars were available?  Same thing happened to Jack.  

I You tubed the Seinfeld car rental episode and it was exactly what Jack went through.

"You know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to hold the reservation"

Disgraceful!  Poor Jack;  so frustrating!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sending positive thoughts your way that all goes well with your Moh's surgery and possible skin graft.       When are you scheduled?     Seems like most specialty items are taking anywhere from 1 to 3 months to get scheduled in my area.    I had scheduled my Mohs in December for April.   I couldn't believe they were that far out with their schedule.     Same for routine eye exam - scheduled 3 months in advance.    

Toby told the doctors Office Manager that she is having Cataract surgery August 4 so she would hope that I could have it before that.
The next open date for the Moh’s is August 22 so I took that date.

Thanks for your thoughts,Debbie.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Jack had a Seinfeld moment renting a car yesterday.  Remember the episode where Jerry reserved a car rental but the agent told him no cars were available?  Same thing happened to Jack.  He reserved and received a confirmation that a full size car would be ready for pick up yesterday at 10am.  I repeat:  reserved and confirmed.  Yesterday at 8am he received a phone call letting him know his car would be available for pick up at 3pm.  No cars were available at 10.  Jack let them know he had a confirmed reservation for 10am pick up.  Car rental agent told him no cars are available at that time.  Jack again wanted to know why he received a confirmation if there would be no cars available.  That is the whole purpose of reserving a car.  This went on and on and of course Jack had to pick up the car at 3.   

Our car is in the shop being worked on.

Not going to list car rental prices but they are insanely high.

Debbie and Marietta, enjoy your cruise!!

Graham, hope your Sarah is feeling better.

Love seeing grandkids having fun.

OB, your Jade looks regal and a loving part of your family now.  Oh, that soft fur and those eyes!

Thank you.     We don't sail until 8.28 - wish it was sooner.

How is your new apartment?    

yes, car rental prices are very high.     When we last rented a vehicle in march it was close to $200 for 1 day - 2 weeks late it was only $90 so it definitely fluctuates on day.

When we got off our Anthem sailing in April and went to pick up car at Avis/Budget office we had reserved a economy car for the 2 of us and ended up getting a Toyato Tacomo pick up truck that was a 4 x 4 off road truck   I am short 5' 2 3/4" and had a hard time getting up into the cab it was raised up so high and did not have any step.

I told the girl this is Not what we reserved and she said nothing she could do that was the only vehicle they had available other than large extended vans.     I guess people are not returning vehicles when they say will or they just take reservations and hope for the best when you show up.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

My husband had to prep for a MRI that he had done last Monday. Clear liquids for 24 hour and then an enema the morning of. Last night the patient portal showed his results. We tried reading, our daughter that is an oncology nurse tried helping and my husband then googled it. I told him it was a big mistake and to close the laptop. He called the office this morning and was told he has an appointment already scheduled in 2 weeks to discuss the results. Why would they give you the results knowing that it's only going to cause stress? But we did learn something new. They ask if you have ever gotten a tattoo in prison because most of them contain metal.

I have had several MRI's done, and I receive the results on my patient portal also.  Some of the things are so frightening;  on several of them it says I have MS.  The Neurologist, and also my friends'  PA daughter, both said "They all say that.  You don't have MS".. Why in God's name do they post this?  I just had two MRI's done a few weeks ago of my neck and spine..I knew most of what they were going to find, and the Orthopedic Dr wanted them done before I started PT last week.  This MRI suggested I get it done again with contrast.  No thank you.  Sometimes no news is good news🤔  I'll show the results to my PA and see what she says with regard to non-spine results that were shown.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I had never been told before to eat all white foods for the three days before prep day. 
It actually gave the prep a head start 

Besides getting an “all clear” from the doctor, when I went into the online portal to read the report, it said “excellent preparation “!!!

I didn’t know they graded it!

So glad it all went well for you, Mimi!

3 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Debbie, can’t wait to finally,🤞, meet up.  We got a 10:00 arrival so hope all goes smoothly!!!!

You guys are going to have a blast!!!!🛳️

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I will be thinking of you Lenny.

As will I, Lenny!

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Sarah text yesterday to say she was feeling better and today she has just text to say she has slept all day.

I have lost 1 stone in weight in the 3 weeks since the injection which the doctor was pleased with.

He said to exercise to build up a little muscle wastage and if the constant pain comes back he will give me another injection.

It sounds like you are doing quite well since your knee injection, Graham.  Great news!

Good to hear that Sarah is feeling better.  Getting a good sleep can only help her get better!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby told the doctors Office Manager that she is having Cataract surgery August 4 so she would hope that I could have it before that.
The next open date for the Moh’s is August 22 so I took that date.

Thanks for your thoughts,Debbie.

Best of luck with your Moh's surgery, Lenny.  Toby should be fine right after her Cataract surgery.  I was amazed how well I could see so very clearly the next day.   Good luck to you both!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

That is great news on your knee and weight loss.    I guess those beautiful lunches and long walks at the beach are working.

Hoping Sarah is better tomorrow.    Tell her to drink plenty of fluids😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Anticipation is half the fun!  Is it on August 28, Debbie?

We booked our Jr. Suite on Liberty of the Seas for January 30th;  we will become

Nice, I have not yet sailed on Liberty.   Have you?     

I am excited for your September sailing on Adventure to NE/Canada.     That should be lots of fun with great weather!

Yes, we depart on Oasis on 8.28 out of Cape Liberty for 7 night sailing to Bahamas.    Been several times but I don't care I just want to get back onboard a ship.     And since our beach house is rented up thru September I need to get to the beach.

We are working on becoming D+.    We are in a JS for this sailing, the double points will help.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

image.thumb.png.234e8877f9789c0648c0dd25e174f6f6.pngMy view for today. 

Have a great time! Cheers! I'll be there in September. Excited!

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Great news Graham. He's right exercise will help strengthen the muscles around the knee cap and help. Keep up the great work.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2