Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

DD is currently in Montana.  Every store has huckleberry products - jam, chocolate, lotions.  She has never seen huckleberry products before (nor have I).  She had a slice of huckleberry pie and said it was so nice.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby told the doctors Office Manager that she is having Cataract surgery August 4 so she would hope that I could have it before that.
The next open date for the Moh’s is August 22 so I took that date.

Thanks for your thoughts,Debbie.

Thinking of Toby too!     Everyone I know that has had Cataract surgery has done very well and loves not having to wear glasses when done.   I am sure she will do wonderful too 🙏💐

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

DD is currently in Montana.  Every store has huckleberry products - jam, chocolate, lotions.  She has never seen huckleberry products before (nor have I).  She had a slice of huckleberry pie and said it was so nice.

I don't think I have ever had a Huckleberry either.    I will have to see if our local produce store sells them to give a try.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Lenny, best of luck.

What I like about Tony is that he isn't a cheerleader of any one cruise line.  He really seems to tell it like it is.  He gave a favorable review of his Virgin Lady cruise which surprised me.  I have read on a few different occasions that the food is outstanding.

I'm assuming Tony lives near me because I see him or his wife at the grocery store quite often. I was also happily surprised with his review of Virgin voyages as I have a mother/daughter cruise on her next month and I just made all of our dinner reservations.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Best of luck with your Moh's surgery, Lenny.  Toby should be fine right after her Cataract surgery.  I was amazed how well I could see so very clearly the next day.   Good luck to you both!

Thanks,Maryann.

My 13 year old granddaughter is in Travel Camp .She just sent me a video from an ice cream parlor where she is eating something called sinful dessert.It is a brownie covered with ice cream and other goodies.It reminds me of Jahn’s.Do you remember that ?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

El Cid?

Yes. Had never done ElCid's day pass before. It was not bad (how can one be blessed to be in beautiful Cozumel and whine?) but I could say we will stick to the other ones way further north or south for the future. 😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

I have had several MRI's done, and I receive the results on my patient portal also.  Some of the things are so frightening;  on several of them it says I have MS.  The Neurologist, and also my friends'  PA daughter, both said "They all say that.  You don't have MS".. Why in God's name do they post this?  I just had two MRI's done a few weeks ago of my neck and spine..I knew most of what they were going to find, and the Orthopedic Dr wanted them done before I started PT last week.  This MRI suggested I get it done again with contrast.  No thank you.  Sometimes no news is good news🤔  I'll show the results to my PA and see what she says with regard to non-spine results that were shown.

I have several MRI’s every year of the brain and the spine.Several years ago I was diagnosed with Hydrocephalus and for this I have an MRI every February.Then I have 2-3 of the spine every year .All wonders of getting older.

I just got a call from a friend of mine who I have known since HS.We talk by phone every Thursday night and discuss the good old days .It gets our minds off reality.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Nice!   Looks like a great day in Cozumel😃   How is your sailing as far as shortages of anything?

No shortages that I am aware of. That may be because I have not asked for any thing top fru fru. I may be totally the wrong person to ask about top shelf liquor shortages. 😆 

1950 people onboard according to the Captain. So ship is not at capacity I was expecting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same for routine eye exam

Speaking of eye exams,  I just got a letter yesterday that my state retirement insurance plan is changing at the first of the year.  It looks like it will have better coverage.   One change is eye coverage.   My current plan pays for an exam every two years.   The new plan will cover an exam every year and pay the first $150 for glasses where the current pays none. I have been thinking of getting a pair of sunglasses again.  

I hope hearing aid coverage stays as good as it is now.  I have been able to get a new pair every third year.   I heard (no pun intended) that some coverage only covers one hearing aid/one ear.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Speaking of eye exams,  I just got a letter yesterday that my state retirement insurance plan is changing at the first of the year.  It looks like it will have better coverage.   One change is eye coverage.   My current plan pays for an exam every two years.   The new plan will cover an exam every year and pay the first $150 for glasses where the current pays none. I have been thinking of getting a pair of sunglasses again.  

I hope hearing aid coverage stays as good as it is now.  I have been able to get a new pair every third year.   I heard (no pun intended) that some coverage only covers one hearing aid/one ear.  

I cannot complain about health insurance ..Mine is great ,covers nearly everything including free optical wear.The only negative is that I was downsized after 25 years with the company .They gave me an incentive to not sue them which was free health insurance for life,free legal service for life from the law firm that represented the company and free life insurance.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Anticipation is half the fun!  Is it on August 28, Debbie?

We booked our Jr. Suite on Liberty of the Seas for January 30th;  we will become Diamond at the end of the cruise.😊

Have you cruised Liberty before?   At the end of 2019 we cruised on her out of Galveston.   My youngest DD and SIL asked if we wanted to join them on their honeymoon cruise.  We really enjoyed the cruise.   Hope you do too.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ownedbypets said:

My husband had to prep for a MRI that he had done last Monday. Clear liquids for 24 hour and then an enema the morning of. Last night the patient portal showed his results. We tried reading, our daughter that is an oncology nurse tried helping and my husband then googled it. I told him it was a big mistake and to close the laptop. He called the office this morning and was told he has an appointment already scheduled in 2 weeks to discuss the results. Why would they give you the results knowing that it's only going to cause stress? But we did learn something new. They ask if you have ever gotten a tattoo in prison because most of them contain metal.

I hope the news turns out not to be scary. 
I’m sorry y’all have to wait 2 weeks to get the results. That happened to me, too. 
Speaking  of tattoos, a friend of mine went to have an MRI and they couldn’t do it because her eyebrows were tattooed on. Metal filings in tattoos. 

• Like 2

Been several times but I don't care I just want to get back onboard a ship. 

When we cruised in January that was our thoughts, just get back onboard.  At that time so many were having ports canceled we decided we didn't care about the itinerary because it would probably change.   A port did get canceled.   

With the baby coming we will not cruise until October.   Kind of funny.   Before we were both retired we had a hard time fitting in a cruise every other year.  

• Like 6

For those asking about mom is has had another banner day.

I took the day off from seeing her to see The Rise of Gru with Lisa and Owen.  8 of the last 9 days have been with her and she is up for some visits. Mom’s sister went in for a visit after her lunch and her physiotherapy.  Mom was on a liquid diet for a few days and needed some help from a laxative to get things going again.  Yesterday she had “success” and is back on regular food and today is is now off the strong pain meds. Pain is gone while resting and is about a 2 or 3 during physio which is great.  

I really feel she has rounded bend on the surgery issues and is onto making her muscles strong again. Yesterday she walked 60’ with here walker and today she did 130’, down the rest home hallway. It was also her first day out of her night gown. I’m really proud of her. 

• Like 33

Nice, I have not yet sailed on Liberty.   Have you?     

I am excited for your September sailing on Adventure to NE/Canada.     That should be lots of fun with great weather!

Yes, we depart on Oasis on 8.28 out of Cape Liberty for 7 night sailing to Bahamas.    Been several times but I don't care I just want to get back onboard a ship.     And since our beach house is rented up thru September I need to get to the beach.

We are working on becoming D+.    We are in a JS for this sailing, the double points will help.

No, we've never been on the Liberty, although we've been on the Independence as well as the Freedom.  Freedom was our very first cruise on Royal.  We took an Aft on Deck 7.  I really didn't want to be on Deck 9 or 10.  Our TA found a video of our room, so it was cool to see what it looks like.

Very cool that you'll be meeting Marietta and Charlie on your cruise.  Should be lots of fun.  D+ will also be so special.  I can't imagine we'll ever make it that far..lol!  However, one never knows!  

• Like 3