Jump to content
  • Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips
,

Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)


Recommended Posts

On 7/2/2022 at 2:07 PM, dmastrole said:
3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Tonight is Big Brother followed by The Challenge USA .

 

For those who live/lived in SI there is a contestant on BB who was born in SI.

 

I thought all the shows started on Wed., 7/6?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My nephew's show got stopped last night in Philly due to an active shooter.  
They were originally going to set up in front of the Philadelphia Art Museum.  
Thank God they switched it to the back of the building cause who know if bullets 

would have hit him and the other pyro dudes.  He said he was enjoying the fireworks and

next thing he heard from a cop close to him about the active shooter.  The show was still going on

and were told to end it and they stood in the back of the building scared not knowing where that loser was and if he was heading in the back.  Scary times.
Here's some of his work.  So damn sad to see the people running away.
https://billypenn.com/2022/07/05/philadelphia-july-fourth-shooting-welcome-america-concert-fireworks/

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Arzeena said:

I received something similar in price like Renee did for Upgrade offer on the Oasis for JS. We will keep our balcony on that one. Tempted, but not for that kind of $$$$. Debbie's offer is a good one.
However, Celebrity sent us Move Up offers three times already for our Equinox sailing. Booked pretty much last minute. Definitely keeping our original cabin there. They were asking for first born!🙃

If I add the upgrade to what I paid for the balcony it’s over 4000.00. Not what I want to pay since I am planing on booking more for August and/or September. Also, I’m leery of paying that much and ending up under the pool deck. Did that before and it was terribly noisy.

 

39 minutes ago, Mrs. H. said:

I thought all the shows started on Wed., 7/6?

They are. He has the date wrong. 🤣

 

30 minutes ago, Mrs. H. said:

My nephew's show got stopped last night in Philly due to an active shooter.  
They were originally going to set up in front of the Philadelphia Art Museum.  
Thank God they switched it to the back of the building cause who know if bullets 

would have hit him and the other pyro dudes.  He said he was enjoying the fireworks and

next thing he heard from a cop close to him about the active shooter.  The show was still going on

and were told to end it and they stood in the back of the building scared not knowing where that loser was and if he was heading in the back.  Scary times.
Here's some of his work.  So damn sad to see the people running away.
https://billypenn.com/2022/07/05/philadelphia-july-fourth-shooting-welcome-america-concert-fireworks/

The world has just gone crazy. Sorry about your nephew’s show. I clicked on the link and it opens, but only part of it is showing.

 

edited - Never mind. It’s working now.

 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:


I love smash burgers but I love mine with grilled onions on it.

 

Get a kitchen mandolin and slice an onion as thin as you get it. Then put onions in a bowl and coat heavily with salt. This will extract the moisture and make the onions very stringy. Let sit for 30 minutes or more and then rinse the onions with water in a colander.

 

After you put the round balls onto the griddle put a good heaping of the onions on top then smash down.

 

You can follow the rest of instructions via the YT video. I love these burgers.

That sounds delicious.  Reminds me of a patty melt served at diners.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mrs. H. said:

My nephew's show got stopped last night in Philly due to an active shooter.  
They were originally going to set up in front of the Philadelphia Art Museum.  
Thank God they switched it to the back of the building cause who know if bullets 

would have hit him and the other pyro dudes.  He said he was enjoying the fireworks and

next thing he heard from a cop close to him about the active shooter.  The show was still going on

and were told to end it and they stood in the back of the building scared not knowing where that loser was and if he was heading in the back.  Scary times.
Here's some of his work.  So damn sad to see the people running away.
https://billypenn.com/2022/07/05/philadelphia-july-fourth-shooting-welcome-america-concert-fireworks/

Very sad to hear about this last night.  Definitely had to be very scary for everyone.    Seems as though the shooter was targeting cops since the 2 shot were located in area where their task force was set up.    I haven't heard if they caught the shooter but thankful to hear both police officers were released from the hospital today.

Is your Nephew a pyrotech?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Very sad to hear about this last night.  Definitely had to be very scary for everyone.    Seems as though the shooter was targeting cops since the 2 shot were located in area where their task force was set up.    I haven't heard if they caught the shooter but thankful to hear both police officers were released from the hospital today.

Is your Nephew a pyrotech?

Yes, he's done some jobs over the years now.  Been 2 years and he was looking forward to doing this one.  He loves it.  Left on Friday, set up and show got canceled, set up a show on Sat in NJ, moved on to PA for shows on Sun & Mon.  He looks forward to it.  I just hope he's ok.  He called his wife and said they were hiding behind the building and he didn't want to stay on in case his phone caught the shooters attention.  My sister was a nervous wreck.  Crazy world.  You just never when and where a sick bastard will be.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

If I add the upgrade..... Also, I’m leery of paying that much and ending up under the pool deck. Did that before and it was terribly noisy.

 

Exactly why we prefer to pick our cabin.   Even though royal up is very tempting to go from our JS to a GS or higher I am leaning towards just be happy with what we booked.  

But then the little guy on other shoulder says go for it and submit a bid😁

I'll ask Eric's opinion tonight but he usually leaves it up to me as all he wants is a bed and a bathroom.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Exactly why we prefer to pick our cabin.   Even though royal up is very tempting to go from our JS to a GS or higher I am leaning towards just be happy with what we booked.  

But then the little guy on other shoulder says go for it and submit a bid😁

I'll ask Eric's opinion tonight but he usually leaves it up to me as all he wants is a bed and a bathroom.

I like that game plan, you should always book a cabin or suite that you will be happy with but then royal up is always a chance for something a little nicer . Last year on celebrity we went from a sky suite to penthouse a couple of days before we sailed.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Luckynana said:

All beautiful, but this one is my favorite!!🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

 

I love the way the flag is lit.  Last night it was like 3  Grand finales..  Like OB said yesterday,  the way you can feel them when they explode is nice.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:


I love smash burgers but I love mine with grilled onions on it.

 

Get a kitchen mandolin and slice an onion as thin as you get it. Then put onions in a bowl and coat heavily with salt. This will extract the moisture and make the onions very stringy. Let sit for 30 minutes or more and then rinse the onions with water in a colander.

 

After you put the round balls onto the griddle put a good heaping of the onions on top then smash down.

 

You can follow the rest of instructions via the YT video. I love these burgers.

I love  sauteed onions.   When cooking they always work better when salted.  I like them thin too.  I will have to try your way.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

 

Winner!

Thanks.  The wind was not blowing much but it moved the flag just enough.  I love getting something in the pick when taking sky picks like sunsets etc.  Usually  silhouettes of objects.   Nice to have the flag when that is what the fireworks are all about. 

Tonight am still hearing fireworks. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I love  sauteed onions.   When cooking they always work better when salted.  I like them thin too.  I will have to try your way.

I cooked loads of hot Italian sausage yesterday we had precooked sautéed onions and peppers , this is always on our July 4th menu.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

How are you adjusting things like ISO and speed?

 

Once you select Pro the options pop up as in section 1.  To use ISO, SPEED, EV just tap on the one you want to adjust.  Below I have ISO selected.   Now to adjust go to 2. and slide your finger in the space next to Auto were you see vertical lines.  If you feel stuck hit the < button,  3, and it will take you back a step.

I would suggest trying out the EV.  It will adjust exposure. 

Screenshot_20220705-212457_Camera.thumb.jpg.1d8cbbe7d8ecfb794a74b848437f8a81.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@dani negreanu I am enjoying your photos sooooo much!  Thank you.  I am scheduled on the Brilliance OTS in October for several cruises, and these photos are really helping get me excited.  This cruise was 'lifted and shifted' from 2020 (when I was very excited) and then again from 2021.  Now I'm somewhat apprehensive.  Any recommendations or suggestions are most welcome.

Hope you are feeling much better!

Pat

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/4/2022 at 9:23 PM, Bailey &amp; Sophie said:

 

It's a beautiful setting. There are concerts all over the city. You could go somewhere every night. 

Does your son have the Lake Harriet schedule? If not, let me know and I'll post it.

We do have the schedule, thanks for asking. DS and DIL always have so many things planned when we visit snd I know they enjoy the concerts. We never lack for activities snd now that our GD is old enough to participate, it’s always enjoyable. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@aussielozzie18my nephew has deferred his uni place so is having a gap year until Sept 2023 and is thinking of having a working holiday in Australia. Do you know if its easy to get casual work in Sydney now maybe in the bars or cafes?  He's 18 years old.   I guess he would have to get a special gap year visa that allows  him to work. My eldest did a gap year but it was after uni so he was that much older.  Just wondered what the employment/job situation is like at mo in Sydney?

Thanks Sue 😊 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

@aussielozzie18my nephew has deferred his uni place so is having a gap year until Sept 2023 and is thinking of having a working holiday in Australia. Do you know if its easy to get casual work in Sydney now maybe in the bars or cafes?  He's 18 years old.   I guess he would have to get a special gap year visa that allows  him to work. My eldest did a gap year but it was after uni so he was that much older.  Just wondered what the employment/job situation is like at mo in Sydney?

Thanks Sue 😊 

Hi Sue.  He won’t have any problems at all.  Jobs everywhere.  Bars, cafes, hospitality, tourism.  If he wants to get an indication of what’s available, have a look at seekdotcomdotau.  DD has a lot of info about the gap year experience here and what’s required etc. She is currently camping but next chance I get to have a long chat with her on the phone I’ll get the relevant info for you. Give me a couple of days.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Hi Sue.  He won’t have any problems at all.  Jobs everywhere.  Bars, cafes, hospitality, tourism.  If he wants to get an indication of what’s available, have a look at seekdotcomdotau.  DD has a lot of info about the gap year experience here and what’s required etc. She is currently camping but next chance I get to have a long chat with her on the phone I’ll get the relevant info for you. Give me a couple of days.

Ah thanks a million, don't go to too much trouble, you know what teenagers are like, a million ideas but trying to get boys to follow through isn't easy. I pass the webaddress onto him 

Thanks again Sue

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

If I add the upgrade to what I paid for the balcony it’s over 4000.00. Not what I want to pay since I am planing on booking more for August and/or September. Also, I’m leery of paying that much and ending up under the pool deck. Did that before and it was terribly noisy.

 

Agree. For that much  would like to know my cabn # before any surprises.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Exactly why we prefer to pick our cabin.   Even though royal up is very tempting to go from our JS to a GS or higher I am leaning towards just be happy with what we booked.  

But then the little guy on other shoulder says go for it and submit a bid😁

I'll ask Eric's opinion tonight but he usually leaves it up to me as all he wants is a bed and a bathroom.

Has he been talking to RJ and the other husbands of the Only a Bed and Bathroom League?🤔😁

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

How are you adjusting things like ISO and speed?

 

OB - You may already understand how the "exposure triangle" concept works in photography and are just asking how he executed this.  If so, ignore the rest of this post.  If not, there are several good websites/videos that explain the exposure triangle (balancing aperture, shutter speed, and ISO) and how to use it to photograph different types of scenes.  Google it and you'll get a zillion results.  Here's one that covers the basics: What Is Exposure? (A Beginner’s Guide) (photographylife.com) You'll even find a lot of sites on how to specifically photograph fireworks, which have their unique challenges.

 

If you prefer a physical book that you can put on a shelf and refer to periodically, I highly recommend "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson.  It's less than $20.  Here's the Amazon link.

 

Note that most (all??) mobile phone cameras have a fixed aperture...the size of the opening in the lens that controls how much light is passed to the sensor.  DSLR camera lenses typically have adjustable aperture opening sizes which are one leg of the exposure triangle.  Since the aperture is fixed on phone cameras, you can only adjust the other two legs...shutter speed and ISO.

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • CC Help Michell changed the title to Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com - November 2022
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...