Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 8/22/2022 at 12:05 PM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Today is my husband's birthday. I'm so thankful for him. He was a "stealth twin" and no one knew he was on the way, since back in 1974 they didn't do routine sonograms during pregnancy. His identical brother was born first without issue, but then when the surprise baby made his entrance, there were complications that resulted in him having cerebral palsy on his right side. He underwent several surgeries on his right eye and right leg during his childhood. 

In spite of this, he is the most positive person I know, not self-conscious at all. He has adapted to every situation, even learning to bathe and diaper our baby with one hand. I am so proud of him and so grateful that I get to share life with him. ❤️

Happy belated birthday to your husband

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Lenny,
I hope you feel better fast and everything heals good. Don't worry about your forehead not looking good. Just feel good and be positive. And to have someone as experienced as Toby in the field, looking after you 24/7 is good.  I wish you have a great recovery.

Thank you so very much,Arzeena 

12 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Went to Costco over the weekend. 

Saw the holiday displays are up.

Y'all ready for the holidays? How many more shopping days until Christmas?

HO, HO, HO...

20220820_110503.thumb.jpg.13d8510b24e4cfaafc3bd96dc7d2b9bb.jpg

OMG!  Soon they will be leaving them up all year long, just like our neighbors do wit their Christmas lights.  lol

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

The other day, my parents' other cat, Storm, went over to the table by Mom's chair and put his paw up on the table, feeling around (and messing up her doily that's on the table).  

Mom reaches over and get her pen and places it near the edge of the table for Storm to then knock off and walk away.

Storm has Mom as well-trained as Rafter has me trained for belly rubbing!

Our large cat joebob is lucky to jump two feet off the ground why my wife bought him stairs so he could get to our bed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had Moh’s surgery yesterday morning and now have a hole in my head ,no jokes please.

The hole is the size of a quarter and about 1/4 “” deep.The surgeon said it was too big to suture and gave me three options:

1) A human skin transplant.He said this procedure has been used the past two years and is the fastest way to heal.No showering for a week and treatments every week for 6 weeks.He said Medicare covers the procedure but health insurance carriers do not.The side effects are possible infections.

2) A skin graft using skin from my chest.I had this in 2010 and was not happy with the results.

3) Letting the area heal on its own ,washing it twice a day and applying an ointment.This way is the longest way to heal.

He gave me an hour to decide ,the time from removing the first layer till he got the results from his lab.I had to have a second layer removed and had more time to think.

I opted for number 3.Toby treated many hospital patients in this manner when she was an RN.

My forehead will not look good for months but I only go out of the house for medical appointments .

I had the same surgery late May of this year. I also had the large hole in my head the only option they gave me was your #3. My wife had to clean and bandage everyday.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

I had the same surgery late May of this year. I also had the large hole in my head the only option they gave me was your #3. My wife had to clean and bandage everyday.

How long did it take to heal ?

The #1 option is called Amnio Excel.I never heard of it .

11 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

We had a little less than an hour travel from the airport to the hotel. Tell you the truth, apart from the steering wheel being on the “wrong” side…. the scenery is like driving from Jerusalem to Tel Aviv — lots of brown, beige, olive trees mostly. Felt like home 😎.

The hotel’s beach —-

99E35F1D-C6FB-4EBD-9174-A99975611DAD.jpeg

Grandpa and uncle trying to teach the oldest grandson swimming…

12703C33-B2D0-4909-9D39-BC21CBB56315.jpeg

Scenery and hotel look awesome!  Have fun!!!😊

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I actually did not see it yet.The doctor,his two nurses and my wife saw it yesterday.Tomorrow when the bandages are off for cleaning I will see it.

Thank you .

I hope your forehead heals quickly, Lenny, and hoping you aren't in too much pain.  Thank goodness you have a nurse in your family!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, George C said:

Our large cat joebob is lucky to jump two feet off the ground why my wife bought him stairs so he could get to our bed.

How is everything around your home from all the rain?  Hopefully no flooding🤞

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I had Moh’s surgery yesterday morning and now have a hole in my head ,no jokes please.

The hole is the size of a quarter and about 1/4 “” deep.The surgeon said it was too big to suture and gave me three options:

1) A human skin transplant.He said this procedure has been used the past two years and is the fastest way to heal.No showering for a week and treatments every week for 6 weeks.He said Medicare covers the procedure but health insurance carriers do not.The side effects are possible infections.

2) A skin graft using skin from my chest.I had this in 2010 and was not happy with the results.

3) Letting the area heal on its own ,washing it twice a day and applying an ointment.This way is the longest way to heal.

He gave me an hour to decide ,the time from removing the first layer till he got the results from his lab.I had to have a second layer removed and had more time to think.

I opted for number 3.Toby treated many hospital patients in this manner when she was an RN.

My forehead will not look good for months but I only go out of the house for medical appointments .

Happy to hear you are OK and they were able to remove the cancer.  As you know you are very fortunate to have your wonderful wife, Toby, by your side.   Heres to a pain free healing.  Take care🥰

• Like 1