Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

On our way to the airport. First time we decided to take the train, but the train isn’t “build” for travel… no place for even trolleys. Luckily, it’s the middle of the day, plenty of “free” seats …

CC80A41C-23F7-491F-B49C-1AE10D4A8432.jpeg

Safe travels.   Look forward to photos 😀

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Coralc said:

What kind of snails are those, Andrew? If you know. We tried your chicken dinner recipe, but the rice was still crunchy. 

Harden snails as far as l know. Lisa has taken to adding another cup of broth and the rice is much more moist with less of the crunchy. She only has a scrape a bit off.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Clever name for rafter.  Is the massage chair hers?  She certainly makes herself comfortable in prime position next to the controls.  Was Storm discovered in a storm?

Nope, not her chair.... but with the table positioned right next to the chair, it's a prime location for her to position her belly for rubbies whenever there's a big ol' softie sitting in the chair!  LOL

Storm is a dark gray color, solid / no stripes, and he's a bit.... uh.... "cloud shaped" if you catch my drift.  (I think the kids are calling it "chonky" these days!)  So he looks like a dark, foreboding storm cloud.  He probably weighs twice what Rafter does, but she rules him like the queen she was meant to be.

• Like 6

A few other things we did before my grandson returned to CA.  We spent another day at an amusement park, so his dad would get to ride some of his favorite rides with him.  

We all went for a hike and some hibachi on the day before he left.  They all enjoyed looking for turtles. 

8A769AA3-30A2-4EBC-815C-FF26AE1E55F3.thumb.jpeg.b1c22d5e40a8e1d84e5e42980354a49b.jpeg

And they saw a few

57FC126F-D28B-48DA-ABFA-10E36F8FEC51.thumb.jpeg.f02410df428e1027007985885f37f89d.jpeg

I was shocked how close this doe let us walk up to her

289726C0-4C2A-465C-9F67-9CB15C31CF7B.thumb.jpeg.c816acaff0e1b64380b14766890fa05e.jpeg

Especially since this little one was wandering around. 

DDE785D3-6B34-4542-9140-D99103058A1E.thumb.jpeg.98fa02c6b3b72759f8186b6752d754f7.jpeg

• Like 23

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

I'm staying with my "surrogate parents" while I'm working in Michigan this month and next month, so I have kitty pictures to share. 

Meet Rafter:

IMG_20220821_093344809.thumb.jpg.be58d96e7f79a102ed9f625ab99bdb99.jpg

IMG_20220821_093419032.thumb.jpg.b9c7afd09aaa291f4c64d178f7144223.jpg

She was a stray who hid in the rafters of their garage for months.  When I get home from work in the mornings, she comes and "assumes the position" on the table next to my chair and demands her rubbies.  

Today her elbow hit the "massage" button for my chair and I about jumped out of my skin when the chair started vibrating.  I never paid attention to the fact that the chair has a massage function, so I was caught completely off guard!  

Her brother Storm isn't as outgoing, so I'm unlikely to get pics of him to share, but she's a little attention <word I probably can't say here> so snapping pics is no problem.  

I love her story and how she is now a fun-loving kitty with a sense of humor.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Dani.

I can hardly believe it was 41 years ago.

I dropped Pauline off at work this morning but we are taking our Sarah out tomorrow for a meal to celebrate.

Screenshot_20220819_185615.jpg

Happy Anniversary.  I love the picture!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

On our way to the airport. First time we decided to take the train, but the train isn’t “build” for travel… no place for even trolleys. Luckily, it’s the middle of the day, plenty of “free” seats …

CC80A41C-23F7-491F-B49C-1AE10D4A8432.jpeg

Where are you off to? This is probably one more thing I've missed on this thread. Safe travels....

11 hours ago, h20skibum said:

One of the things I did, to occupy the grandsons, was to take them to the golf course.  They really enjoyed their time out there.  Our PA grandson is an excellent golfer for his age.  

E6F5AFA7-536C-43BE-A5E8-B1B01DF128D0.thumb.jpeg.41b01d7042656e5b89332fe5dc95dbf6.jpeg

He only played 9, but had a respectable 43 and one birdie.  I say not bad for a 9 year old. 

9B3DA2FC-703A-4B03-94A2-4CDF3DBCB5BE.thumb.jpeg.76d2125f14d4461c4ee7139682f33b60.jpeg

43 with a birdie is impressive at any age, let alone 9.  He's good!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Dani.

I dropped Pauline off at work this morning but we are taking our Sarah out tomorrow for a meal to celebrate.

Happy Anniversary Graham and Pauline. 41 years is a great accomplishment. Cheers to you for forty one and for many more to come.

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Safe travels wished for you Dani and have a great trip.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

@grapau27 Happy 41st Anniversary Graham and Pauline! 

may-day.gif.be60a692b283dc99676495a16b2386b0.gif

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

636709260_HappyAnniversaryGIF-HappyAnniversaryMarriage-DiscoverShareGIFs.gif.b25190f671f5e328ea28bd908a54ef75.gif@grapau27Happy Anniversary to you and Pauline ❤

7 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@grapau27 

Happy 41st Anniversary Pauline & Graham  💐  

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

I'm about 10 pages behind but chores are calling and the dog is asking for a walk. 

Will catch up later but just wanted to wish @grapau27Graham and Pauline a very Happy Anniversary 😊 hope you have a fabulous day and get to do something special together ❤ 

3 hours ago, A&amp;L_Ont said:

Graham and Pauline, Happy Anniversary to you. 

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Happy Anniversary.  I love the picture!

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Happy 41st anniversary,Pauline and Graham!

So young in your photos with happy smiles that remain today .

Hoping you enjoy your day and the celebration tomorrow.

💐🥂💝🎉

Cheers!

MJ🙋🏻

56 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Happy Anniversary Graham and Pauline. 41 years is a great accomplishment. Cheers to you for forty one and for many more to come.

Safe travels wished for you Dani and have a great trip.

Thank you everyone for your lovely anniversary wishes for Pauline and me.

Graham.

• Like 7

Today is my husband's birthday. I'm so thankful for him. He was a "stealth twin" and no one knew he was on the way, since back in 1974 they didn't do routine sonograms during pregnancy. His identical brother was born first without issue, but then when the surprise baby made his entrance, there were complications that resulted in him having cerebral palsy on his right side. He underwent several surgeries on his right eye and right leg during his childhood. 

In spite of this, he is the most positive person I know, not self-conscious at all. He has adapted to every situation, even learning to bathe and diaper our baby with one hand. I am so proud of him and so grateful that I get to share life with him. ❤️

• Like 36

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Dani.

Screenshot_20220819_185615.jpg

Happy Anniversary, love the picture 💕

• Thanks 1

Happy anniversary to Graham and Pauline . Wishing you many more years of happiness, together.

Dani have a safe and enjoyable vacation with your family . Looking forward to photos of your vacation in Cyprus. 

Happy birthday to travelgirl’s hubby !  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2