• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My 2 favorite Italian restaurants of all time are Rao’s in Manhattan and Buon Amici in White Plains.

I've been to Buon Amici several times and always had excellent food & service. A friend of mine who has very high standards and is very selective about where he eats (i.e. extremely picky) says Buon Amici is one of his favorites as is Parkside in Corona, Queens

• Like 1

4 hours ago, George C said:

I haven’t been there yet but planning to in October when Yankees visit. By the way a bobcat just walked by our living room window, haven’t seen one recently.

It was fun! It was nice being in the A/C. 

We have seen bobcats on our street, but so far not in our yard. I know that’s pretty common from the vids and pics people post on Nextdoor.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I've been to Buon Amici several times and always had excellent food & service. A friend of mine who has very high standards and is very selective about where he eats (i.e. extremely picky) says Buon Amici is one of his favorites as is Parkside in Corona, Queens

There is a good pizza restaurant in St Thomas called Amici and a friend had a great Italian restaurant in Dallas suburb called Amicis, amici is friend in Italian. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, George C said:

There is a good pizza restaurant in St Thomas called Amici and a friend had a great Italian restaurant in Dallas suburb called Amicis, amici is friend in Italian. 

Technically, amici is plural... friends.

• Like 1

When our sixteen year old grand niece was visiting from Hawaii,we decided on pizza one night for dinner. We have two very good pizza places nearby. She insisted on frozen DiGiorno (sp?) from the grocery store. She was pleased we served that for dinner- us not so much. Just sayin’🙄

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I don’t blame you. That and head cheese. 🤮🤮🤮🤮

Never heard it called that anywhere in UK was always brawn or potted heid.

Edited by c-leg5

2 hours ago, George C said:

We watched a pretty good new  movie yesterday on Netflix “13 lives” about soccer team stuck in caves from about 5 years ago. 

It was good, wasn't it? :classic_biggrin: It is a Ron Howard film, and very well done. It is also available on Amazon Prime Video. Colin Farrell actually played a normal person. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:
5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I don’t blame you. That and head cheese. 🤮🤮🤮🤮

That just sounds gross no matter how it tastes.

Back in my high school & college days, I worked in several deli's and would hate it when a customer ordered head cheese. Nasty to hold & slice and even nastier to clean the slicer afterwards. Fortunately, not to many people ordered it. I did taste it once.  **** warning to those with a weak stomach, don't read ahead  **** 

Think of slimy jello with chucks of indeterminate meat inside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

New City Pizza has been around since the beginning of time.  Back when I was a mere child, my parents would go food shopping on Friday night at the Grand Union where the DeCicco's is now. Always got New City pizza after shopping as Mom was not going to make dinner that night. Pretty sure  it's changed owners a few times but kept the name & taste.

I've been to Rocco's a few times and it never disappointed me. Although I will admit, I've pretty low standards when it comes to pizza.  The one pizza place I never liked was Nicky's in Congers & Suffern. It was good  but it consistently gave me heartburn afterwards.  Dessert was always Tums or Rolaids afterwards.

New City Pizza does set the bar high.  Last time we were there was 19 years ago just before we moved to TX.  I just googled and was glad to see it's still there!  The only place I think I ate in Suffern was the big diner on the corner of 59 and Airmont Rd., now closed.  We loved going to Pasta Cucina on Little Tor Rd.  Never disappointed.  Our all time favorite diner was The Park Ridge Diner.  Nothing fancy but huge, fresh dishes.

29 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Look who found Finnley!

image.thumb.png.d3d26e9a6511ed0b1265e4ebf57dd518.png

image.thumb.png.58198357bea2d3644e4a824b4ffe1ff9.png

Oh that smile!!  Love these girls!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

It was good, wasn't it? :classic_biggrin: It is a Ron Howard film, and very well done. It is also available on Amazon Prime Video. Colin Farrell actually played a normal person. 

Yes I knew Opie directed it , I thought Colin Farrell was very good , I always like Viggo Mortensen , Ron Howard said they did there own diving , he had wanted to use stuntmen .

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

I want to watch it too. I will tell you that if you have Disney Plus the National Geographic documentary is incredible as it uses mostly actual video footage of the rescue as it was happening. Here is the trailer:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Back in my high school & college days, I worked in several deli's and would hate it when a customer ordered head cheese. Nasty to hold & slice and even nastier to clean the slicer afterwards. Fortunately, not to many people ordered it. I did taste it once.  **** warning to those with a weak stomach, don't read ahead  **** 

Think of slimy jello with chucks of indeterminate meat inside.

In other words, it is appropriately named.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am not Italian but my Godfather was and he took me for pizza many times when I was young.
For 25 years I worked for a company where between 95 to 99 percent of the employees were Italian and over the years I went out with them on work days as well as weekends and very often for pizza.I have never been In Italy or Dallas but I have been to about 10 cities in Texas and the only city where I found great pizza was in Houston and the owners were from the Bronx.

I thought you said that you first had pizza at age of 16?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Today is my youngest granddaughters 14th. Birthday.We will be celebrating late this afternoon.

Happy Birthday wishes to your granddaughter, Lenny!