Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 minutes ago, George C said:

Fun morning getting a mri of brain , I found out a couple of years ago I had a small tumor and need to make sure it didn’t grow, will reward myself with a 3 or 4 martini lunch , will also order food . They have a 4 dollar martinis special at lunch.

Wishing for you good results !  I’m having a CT scan of my head in Sept. . 

I’m hoping , they find nothing .  

I don’t drink martinis so maybe a glass of wine. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Wishing for you good results !  I’m having a CT scan of my head in Sept. . 

I’m hoping , they find nothing .  

I don’t drink martinis so maybe a glass of wine. 

Prayers 🙏 for good results for your CT scan of your head in September.

Graham.

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, George C said:

Fun morning getting a mri of brain , I found out a couple of years ago I had a small tumor and need to make sure it didn’t grow, will reward myself with a 3 or 4 martini lunch , will also order food . They have a 4 dollar martinis special at lunch.

Prayers for the best results.

Here's to 4 more martinis when your report comes back with good news.

Take care

• Like 4

Owen’s year end league ball tourney starts tonight. Our team is hosting so all games are minutes from home.  Being the league champs we automatically get home field advantage, which is a nice advantage. 

BBQ steaks for dinner at 4pm. Ball starts at 7.  

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Owen’s year end league ball tourney starts tonight. Our team is hosting so all games are minutes from home.  Being the league champs we automatically get home field advantage, which is a nice advantage. 

Here's to a safe, fun fair tournament!!!!

Happy to hear it is close to your home.

Be safe

And GOOD LUCK TO OWEN!!!!!!

3 hours ago, derorim said:

I don't believe I've had apple cake before, so I checked my favorite baking website for a recipe and found this one that I'd love to make.  https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/apple-crumb-cake/.  She also has a bundt cake that looks interesting.  https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/glazed-apple-bundt-cake/ . I'd be interested in your version of an apple cake if you can get the recipe from your sister.

We are in the southeast corner of Virginia, in Chesapeake.  We're about 30 minutes from the Virginia Beach oceanfront, and an hour from Williamsburg.  The Outer Banks in North Carolina are about 45 minutes away.

Beautiful area you are in, if we down size we are now looking at the Southport, NC area..........Been there once for a week this past Spring and we are going for another week to check out the area again in Early December.

Will have to check out those Apple Cake recipe's too. We did find my Mom's recipe for her Apple Cake. My niece actually got all her recipe's that were on index cards.

Here are pictures of the recipe.  Hope it's as good for you as I remember it.

IMG_4525.jpg

IMG_4526.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 9

42 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I could never eat before a game.  To keyed up to have food rolling around in my stomach.

• Like 3

Debbie and Marietta- Bon Voyage to both of you and your families !

George- Hoping for good test results for you. I will be having a battery of routine lab tests on Monday morning. Will be celebrating with a dish of my favorite ice cream,if the results are all within limits.

Dani- Very glad that you enjoyed a happy family vacation. The dancing looked like fun. Your grandsons certainly enjoyed their pool time.

Wishing all a good weekend.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Last night was emotional for me when Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs paid tribute to the great Len Dawson by reenacting the famous choir huddle that Lenny and the Chiefs were so famous for. Here is the two shots. Very cool.

187029521_ChoirHuddle.thumb.jpeg.8932ddda981d94d83ba2f0c879b5e886.jpeg

What a beautiful tribute to your dear friend and athlete.  I'm so sorry for your loss, but glad that you have so many warm and wonderful memories of time spent with Len Dawson.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Good Luck to Owen!

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

What a beautiful tribute to your dear friend and athlete.  I'm so sorry for your loss, but glad that you have so many warm and wonderful memories of time spent with Len Dawson.

Thank you very much Maryann. He was all class.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George C said:

Hope all is well, George!  Enjoy your 4 dollar martinis!

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Always loved the home field advantage while I was coaching (many years ago)  Best of luck to Owen and his team!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

We did find my Mom's recipe for her Apple Cake. My niece actually got all her recipe's that were on index cards.

Here are pictures of the recipe.  Hope it's as good for you as I remember it.

Thanks for your mom's recipe, it sounds delicious.  I like the fact that there are apples in the cake as well as on top. There is something special about having hand-written recipes handed down in the family.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 6

This morning, our daughter and two grandsons came home two days short of their seashore vacation;  Ryan hadn't felt well most of the week, and Jack's ear hurt.  (Jack went to Urgent Care and has an ear infection)   Ryan went to the ER in the hospital and is being transferred to another hospital...we just found out that he has type 1 Diabetes...😢

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Luckynana said:

This morning, our daughter and two grandsons came home two days short of their seashore vacation;  Ryan hadn't felt well most of the week, and Jack's ear hurt.  (Jack went to Urgent Care and has an ear infection)   Ryan went to the ER in the hospital and is being transferred to another hospital...we just found out that he has type 1 Diabetes...😢

Oh no.  I am so sorry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Sorry to hear about the boys, hope they are feeling better soon.

Edited by akcruz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, derorim said:

Thanks for your mom's recipe, it sounds delicious.  I like the fact that there are apples in the cake as well as on top. There is something special about having hand-written recipes handed down in the family.  Thanks for sharing.

Yes, it's nice to still have memories to remind us of my parents. It was really tough about 2 and half years just before Covid lost my Mom, my Dad about about 9 months before that. Also lost my Father-in-law  between when my Dad and Mom passed. It was a lot to handle in such a short time.

My Dad loved gardening too, I think that is where I got my green thumb from. 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 11

I CANNOT CONTAIN MY EXCITING NEWS AND I PROMISED THE SPOUSE I WOULD NOT TELL ANYONE.

WELL YOU GUYS ARE NOT JUST ANYONE SO HERE GOES.

I guess you can say I am letting the "cat" out of the bag!

It is official and next Tuesday we will be the proud parents of our new adoptive kitten.

Less than 2 miles from our home is an Animal Welfare League, and after waiting for approval from the forms we filled out, we visited and found the one for us!

She was just fixed, and resting comfortably.

Now in the past the spouse has let me name our furry friends.

I selected:

Our first love was Martha the beagle.  Since we built a Colonial style home it was only fitting I name her after the very first lady..............Martha Washington.

Then came Anny, we adopted our first kitten from a farm on our second anniversary, hence Anny (short for anniversary).

We had since lost our Daughters Cat Carrie earlier this year, and it is time to move on, it was a bad time losing her.

So now the spouse has his day in the sun and has the honor of naming her.

So once we have our baby, and has a name, I will post pictures Tuesday afternoon.

(She is Purrrrrrfectttttt and beautiful and I love her innocent look).

Now got to child proof a room, and attack Pets Mart.

Be safe

• Like 28