Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, NHProud said:

I don’t know if this permitted so I’ll post the link in case it is .  I found this reference to an e-mail that is loaded with all kinds of information.

http://thepreismans.com

Sadly , the wife is now deceased .  They traveled extensively and did a fantastic job of keeping records.

I’ve read many of these terrific reviews.  I think it’s great that the husband continues to travel.  Hope he has some comfort in all the wonderful memories.  

Edited by maggieq
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Not exactly sure this tree was here when we bought the the house 20 months ago. All previous owner said they were a good cooking apple and not to pick them until Labor day when then will be at their sweetest.

Kind of like a Granny Smith if I was going to guess or something close to that.

My mother made homemade applesauce every year using a Foley Food Mill, and I have continued the tradition.  Depending on the color of the apple skin, the sauce would turn pinkish.  If it wasn't pink enough, she would add a drop or two of red food coloring.  Somehow the color made it seem sweeter. It's one of my favorite memories from childhood. A couple of years ago we went to an apple orchard near Charlottesville and bought a lot of apples.  The car smelled so good driving home!  

• Like 6

I am a little late at posting over the last couple of days, so I will try to catch up on some of the posts. 

@Sea DogGreg, sorry to hear of the passing of your friend, Len Dawson.  What a wonderful tribute you wrote to him.  

@harryfat1Harry, all that cruise food looks so delicious.   Both the current offerings and that from the old days.  My mouth is watering. 

I don’t even want to talk dentists.  Our long time dentist retired during Covid, so we had to find a new one. He seems to find something new, every time we see him.  Susan and I were in for cleanings a couple weeks ago, and yep, we have to go back in a couple weeks for new fillings.  

@dani negreanuDani, what wonderful photos of your family and your vacation. So glad you had a great time with family. 

@bobmaclibertyBob, that looks like a great outing on the catamaran.  We really enjoyed our trip to Cumberland Island, and we could have spent much more time there. We did see quite a few of the wild horses there. 

EEB6FEA1-9B49-4568-BF7C-623533701D7D.thumb.jpeg.17e802a1c7b8eaa3b64dbd5ea326ab46.jpeg

And their hiking/walking trails are nice. I am still using this picture I took for the desktop photo on my laptop. 

2232BD0F-00CF-4B4C-93A2-87D6690FFADF.thumb.jpeg.3c0fb29873e0160fbfcb46e1863cdb7f.jpeg

I know I am probably missing a few more, but smooth sailing to those of you sailing soon, or those that just sailed. 

My week has been crazy. I will just let it go at that.  

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

@bobmaclibertyBob, that looks like a great outing on the catamaran.  We really enjoyed our trip to Cumberland Island, and we could have spent much more time there. We did see quite a few of the wild horses there. 

Did you do a day trip to Cumberland Island using the ferry or did you stay overnight?  The Greyfield Inn is a bit expensive but is all-inclusive with what is supposed to be gourmet food, and I think a happy hour.  Still trying to decide if it's worth a stay. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Look at that my first time having the same post twice😳

It's just all the cruising excitement.

Have a wonderful cruise and do post a couple of pictures with you in them....it has been a long time since I have seen you!🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Last night was emotional for me when Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs paid tribute to the great Len Dawson by reenacting the famous choir huddle that Lenny and the Chiefs were so famous for. Here is the two shots. Very cool.

187029521_ChoirHuddle.thumb.jpeg.8932ddda981d94d83ba2f0c879b5e886.jpeg

• Like 17

2 hours ago, derorim said:

My mother made homemade applesauce every year using a Foley Food Mill, and I have continued the tradition.  Depending on the color of the apple skin, the sauce would turn pinkish.  If it wasn't pink enough, she would add a drop or two of red food coloring.  Somehow the color made it seem sweeter. It's one of my favorite memories from childhood. A couple of years ago we went to an apple orchard near Charlottesville and bought a lot of apples.  The car smelled so good driving home!  

My Mother used to also have one of those Foley Food Mill's, I never knew the name of it though.....Used to love just spinning the handle around making that neat sound.

Right now the plans are to make a few apple pies, my wife also read somewhere , where she can just make the apple filling and freeze for later use for making more pies. Also going to give some of the apples to our next door neighbor that says she makes good apple sauce with the apples from this tree.

I would also like to find a recipe for a good apple cake, my Mom used to make a good apple cake too, have to see if one of my Sister's still has that recipe somewhere.

I may have asked you before but just where do you live in Virginia? Was it near Williamsburg? toward the shoreline?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I did my emed test tonight, negative.  Woot Woot!!

Eric is doing his tomorrow.  

The best prices for spa are the first couple hours of boarding day, then port days.  You get 20% off for D or D+.   (Whenever I type that I feel like I'm typing a bra size🤣)

They usually won't combine that with a sale price.

Have a wonderful cruise ,Debbie and Eric

• Thanks 1

The best prices for spa are the first couple hours of boarding day, then port days.  You get 20% off for D or D+.   (Whenever I type that I feel like I'm typing a bra size🤣)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope you have an amazing cruise Debbie and Eric.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

My Mother used to also have one of those Foley Food Mill's, I never knew the name of it though.....Used to love just spinning the handle around making that neat sound.

Right now the plans are to make a few apple pies, my wife also read somewhere , where she can just make the apple filling and freeze for later use for making more pies. Also going to give some of the apples to our next door neighbor that says she makes good apple sauce with the apples from this tree.

I would also like to find a recipe for a good apple cake, my Mom used to make a good apple cake too, have to see if one of my Sister's still has that recipe somewhere.

I may have asked you before but just where do you live in Virginia? Was it near Williamsburg? toward the shoreline?

I don't believe I've had apple cake before, so I checked my favorite baking website for a recipe and found this one that I'd love to make.  https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/apple-crumb-cake/.  She also has a bundt cake that looks interesting.  https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/glazed-apple-bundt-cake/ . I'd be interested in your version of an apple cake if you can get the recipe from your sister.

We are in the southeast corner of Virginia, in Chesapeake.  We're about 30 minutes from the Virginia Beach oceanfront, and an hour from Williamsburg.  The Outer Banks in North Carolina are about 45 minutes away.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, derorim said:

I don't believe I've had apple cake before, so I checked my favorite baking website for a recipe and found this one that I'd love to make.  https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/apple-crumb-cake/.  She also has a bundt cake that looks interesting.  https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/glazed-apple-bundt-cake/ . I'd be interested in your version of an apple cake if you can get the recipe from your sister.

We are in the southeast corner of Virginia, in Chesapeake.  We're about 30 minutes from the Virginia Beach oceanfront, and an hour from Williamsburg.  The Outer Banks in North Carolina are about 45 minutes away.

There is an apple cake recipe that I like a lot that was posted many, many years ago by a woman named Meryll who used to post on cruise critic.  Sadly, she died many years ago.  I had the privilege of meeting her on Mariner back in 2006.  I know it was posted in the Cruising Jewish thread that is in the Floataway Lounge.  I make the cake every year after we go apple picking.  I will see if I can find the original recipe with the instructions.  

• Like 7

Fun morning getting a mri of brain , I found out a couple of years ago I had a small tumor and need to make sure it didn’t grow, will reward myself with a 3 or 4 martini lunch , will also order food . They have a 4 dollar martinis special at lunch.

• Like 24

2 minutes ago, George C said:

Fun morning getting a mri of brain , I found out a couple of years ago I had a small tumor and need to make sure it didn’t grow, will reward myself with a 3 or 4 martini lunch , will also order food . They have a 4 dollar martinis special at lunch.

Prayers 🙏 for good news George.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, George C said:

Good that you are staying on top of things. And a 3-4 Martini lunch sounds perfect.

Cheers!!

• Like 3