Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, Lionesss said:

I hope the weather man is wrong, but the prediction for today is rain, thunderstorms and high winds.

It only happens  to us the day the greenhouse is delivery our 7 yards of mulch.

We used to get 9 yards, but some stupid law got passed in the last 12 months that says a truck can only hall upto 7 yards. Something to due with the EPA.  But we think it is a way to raise more money.

The DH says we will plant our vegetable garden this weekend.

I have been babying this youngins since May 1st, ish. and it is time for them to be planted.

Stay safe

We are supposed to have thunderstorms and high winds beginning at 4:00.

It is now 3:45 and it is very sunny and not at all windy .

5 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Our friend's house in LI had dead jelly fish and same scenario.

We were in Curacao onboard an NCL ship repositioning from NYC to NOLA. I remember there were a lot of fellow passengers who were trying to get through on the phone to neighbors to check up on thier homes and properties. Many many many worried people.

We had about 500 dead fish outside our house when Sandy first hit and lost power for 14 days.We were in a mandatory evacuation area but Mrs.66 and I did not leave. We stayed along with about 25 % of the residents of the condo.

The reason we opted not to leave is because the year before we left during Hurricane Irene and went to a friends house in the middle of the island and a tree fell on that house while we were relaxing there.

34 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I no longer drink that much soda ,at most 24 Oz a year

Wish I could do that. I'm addicted to Diet Coke.  I used to drink 6/day but have cut back to 2/day. I don't drink coffee so I like to have a DC in the morning to get a little caffeine jump.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Wish I could do that. I'm addicted to Diet Coke.  I used to drink 6/day but have cut back to 2/day. I don't drink coffee so I like to have a DC in the morning to get a little caffeine jump.

I drank too much coffee when I worked.Currently I have about five cups a year .I cannot recall when I last had a diet soda.

In 2004 I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis .I went to a Nutritionist who changed my eating habits almost totally.She said that juices and sodas should not be on my menu because they were not healthy.

I opted to take her advice and I am not sorry.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes  have bought that preen mulch before.    Its more expensive but when lowes has it on sale I usually grab a couple of bags and stock them up behind the shed for later in the year.

Has anyone used rubber mulch, it last a long time so no need to keep replacing it .

3 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Nice neighbors!!!!

I was thinking that the "after" picture was going to be an empty pan!!!!

There are still leftovers 😉

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Well...might have some fish bones left.  😄 

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

This looks delicious!

Looked delicious and tasted delicious 😁

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

If she had invited me!!!!!!

I wish it could have been possible. We have enough room for a whole bunch of the "usual suspects" here...

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm guessing @dani negreanu prepared the before picture

Nope.

It was like that [yesterday evening]:

Me: "Look ! Rony bought us a fresh fish. We're all set for tomorrow's lunch".

DH [grumbling]: "I don't like mullet"...

Me: "Compromise... It's a free lunch" ***

DH [still grumbling]: "The fish is too big for the 2 of us".

Me: "No worries, I don't mind leftovers".

DH [grumbling something unintelligible]: "......"

So, this morning I went to my daily swim and left DH to his cooking chores...

*** @grapau27

One of the Queen's cousins, Princess Michael of Kent, was widely criticized for inaugurating a highway chain restaurant (may be on M6).

To this she replied: "I'll do everything for a free lunch"....😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You need to visit World of Coke in Atlanta😉

I remember going there sometime in the early 90s.  There was a big area at the end with a LOT of different flavors of soda available to taste.  There was a group gathered around one area laughing and snickering.  That's where there was some sort of Italian soda that people tried and almost always immediately spit out and made a terrible taste look on their face.  I tried it and did the same.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I wish it could have been possible. We have enough room for a whole bunch of the "usual suspects" here...

Nope.

*** @grapau27

One of the Queen's cousins, Princess Michael of Kent, was widely criticized for inaugurating a highway chain restaurant (may be on M6).

That's awesome, Take and Bake

8 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I remember going there sometime in the early 90s.  There was a big area at the end with a LOT of different flavors of soda available to taste.  There was a group gathered around one area laughing and snickering.  That's where there was some sort of Italian soda that people tried and almost always immediately spit out and made a terrible taste look on their face.  I tried it and did the same.  

Yep, the World is really weird

Edited by John&LaLa

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Nope.

*** @grapau27

Screenshot_20210526_214554_com.android.chrome.jpg

33 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So you one of those people I see in the WJ filling up at 9AM?  My mother used to drink it all day long but she, too, cut back. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheal said:

I see in the WJ filling up at 9AM?

Never filled up there but you would have seen me at the coke freestyle machine by Sorrento's in the morning with my Royal cup. We also would find a friendly bartender that would give us some cans at night to keep in our mini fridge. Loved having a can in the morning.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, George C said:

Has anyone used rubber mulch, it last a long time so no need to keep replacing it .

Does the rubber mulch allow air into the ground?  I can see the pros to applying once and never again.

33 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just watched the latest Sailing Doodles upload on YouTube.

I was kind of skipping all over but now I have gone back to the very beginning and have watched everything to Season 3 where they are now in Thailand. Wow I have to visit some of those islands. Just incredible. The episodes of sailing across the pacific were really cool. I don't know if I could of done that. Great stuff. I highly recommend the series even if your not interested in the sailing part, the scenery and the locations are incredible. Jotted down some of the info on some of the resorts they stayed at. One place was 3 bedroom villa with infinity pool for like $50/night. 

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

They used to have a similar Coca-Cola exhibit at Epcot!  We were there on Sunday and saw it is closed.  Probably a Covid casualty.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Well. I was close enough....😉

👍I screenshot the article from a National news report.

There have been a number of news stories about their money making activities.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

As @pstone1  said, there was a Coca-Cola exhibit at Epcot, called Ice Station Cool, the later Club Cool. The Italian flavor was called Beverly, and it was a tradition to get Epcot newbies to try it. 😝

Our favorite there is called Kinley. It was described at Club Cool as being from Israel.

That whole pavilion has been demolished, as the Future World area of Epcot is being given a major update (planned well before Covid). Supposedly they will be bringing back Club Cool when it's all completed.

Edited by TrishOB
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Just watched the latest Sailing Doodles upload on YouTube.  They have been in the USVI the last few videos. They spent the night anchored in Meagans Bay. I miss the islands. 

B0B8480A-7351-4AE1-86CD-01779EF785D6.thumb.png.9da79ac7d760611d2b36afef8cc7b82c.png

AC7B5BB8-FDC8-49B1-9927-137347911115.thumb.png.d510ad4b94d5bbca9abb051b093f03cc.png

I just googled sailing doodles.I had never heard of it before.I have no idea how long it will take to watch 6 seasons.

• Like 1