Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

Hello everyone,  we've been away on a cruise this last week with very limited Internet so I've missed out on what's been happening for the last 40 odd pages  I hope everyone is well.

Our cruise was on Silhouette Norwegian Fjords . A last minute booking and scared myself silly reading some of the horror stories on the Celebrity page,  but we figured that we can't go too wrong on a UK cruise, just for a week, no flying and driving to the port.

The cruise was pretty full and probably only 5% wore masks.  In fact we were told on entering the terminal at Southampton 'you don't need to wear your masks' !!  

It did feel a little different as we probably didn't mix as much as a pre covid cruise, but we did go to the shows but sat in a quite area in the upper floor of the theater. 

The ports were lovely,  though weather was cool.  We did lots of walking and really enjoyed the scenery. No masks necessary or requested in Norway in the shops or on the one tour bus we went on. 

All in all a lovely cruise, but I think I prefer Royal Caribbean.  Now to look forward to The Beyond next month 

Sail away in Southampton 

IMG-20220507-WA0006.thumb.jpg.f3a2946c8da326e2930971e094044889.jpg

Appletini and bubbles in the Sky Lounge 

20220508_115320.thumb.jpg.58f5626279912a08b1cb74d95c182951.jpg

Sail into Bergan 

20220509_121130.thumb.jpg.955123765b30625ddb4d5f2ae044b38a.jpg

Climbed 420 steps to the top of a hill overlooking Alesund Harbour 

IMG-20220510-WA0008.thumb.jpg.c9447fb3751d5c6ac59362ae74777587.jpg

Some pics of Olden 

IMG-20220510-WA0010.thumb.jpg.d87fd22611665cef02c5cff6d8f26ce7.jpg20220511_121533.thumb.jpg.36e06cda82d4df6be9d000a1f3fc75a3.jpg20220511_132042.thumb.jpg.68218d1966b2021a14ce4fd0aa68f2c8.jpg20220511_133913.thumb.jpg.b7bbca7657dbeb65fd408dd211586f69.jpg

Stavanger port 

IMG-20220512-WA0000.thumb.jpg.4656f83c7e594cde839e5a9faa29bb26.jpg

In our favourite bar enjoying a Cosmopolitan 

IMG-20220512-WA0006.thumb.jpeg.60e4c66cd9d9224b69321c6190f48dd5.jpeg

Nice photos Sue.

I hope you have an amazing cruise next month on the new Celebrity Beyond.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

The sun came out for most of our ride home.  Of course, the closer we got to Staten Island the cloudier it became🤪At least we had a good trip and some good drinks in the Lounge.  Some people we haven’t seen in over two years came into the Lounge also so it was a nice reunion.

The sun has been out here now for about 30 minutes.It is 70 degrees and very humid.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We have just got off a short cruise on Anthem where some of my food photos were taken in Chops grill.

We went on the North Star and the dodgems.

IMG_20220513_154406.jpg

IMG_20220514_174138.jpg

IMG_20220513_185635.jpg

You two add sophistication wherever you go ! Nice photos. 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I thought your earlier photo of dinner looked like Chops.    

Did you like their creamed spinach?   I'm not fond of their new recipe.    Happy to hear Pauline made it on North Star🤩

The creamed Spinach was okay but Pauline didn't like it.

The steaks were lovely.

North Star was amazing.

IMG-20220513-WA0004.jpg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We have just got off a short cruise on Anthem where some of my food photos were taken in Chops grill.

We went on the North Star and the dodgems.

IMG_20220514_174138.jpg

Dodgems are Bumper Cars called in England?

When I'm driving one of those, it's more like Ram'em😁

Great pics as always.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I assume you will be going to the game tomorrow night.It should be exciting.I live in Long Island mostly everyone I know who is into hockey are Islander fans.

Makes sense as the Islanders are Long Islands local team.  I remember the outcry when they moved to Brooklyn, how Long Island was "losing" it's team, even though technically, the team (and Brooklyn) was still on Long Island. 😉 Even though we grew up in the northern suburbs of NYC (Rockland County), my brother is an Islander fan as he grew up during their dynasty years of winning 4 Stanley Cups in a row, a feat that has not happened in the past 40 years.

I will not be attending tonight's game as its sold out. People that are reselling their tickets are wanting $700+ a seat. $600 for an "obstructed view" seat. Crazy prices. I did think about traveling into the city to watch the game at a nearby sports bar and see if prices come down, which usually happens just before the game starts & people will dump their tickets at the last second. But instead, I'll be going around the block to a friends house to watch.  My 55 inch TV is dwarfed by his 75 inch TV. 

And it will only cost me a 12-pack of beer!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Makes sense as the Islanders are Long Islands local team.  I remember the outcry when they moved to Brooklyn, how Long Island was "losing" it's team, even though technically, the team (and Brooklyn) was still on Long Island. 😉 Even though we grew up in the northern suburbs of NYC (Rockland County), my brother is an Islander fan as he grew up during their dynasty years of winning 4 Stanley Cups in a row, a feat that has not happened in the past 40 years.

I will not be attending tonight's game as its sold out. People that are reselling their tickets are wanting $700+ a seat. $600 for an "obstructed view" seat. Crazy prices. I did think about traveling into the city to watch the game at a nearby sports bar and see if prices come down, which usually happens just before the game starts & people will dump their tickets at the last second. But instead, I'll be going around the block to a friends house to watch.  My 55 inch TV is dwarfed by his 75 inch TV. 

I have a 27” TV and have no desire for anything bigger,perhaps because I recall the days when I had a 7” tv.I hope that you have a smile on your face when the game ends tonight.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

The sun has been out here now for about 30 minutes.It is 70 degrees and very humid.

Sun popped out for a bit here today, mostly cloudy now and also very humid.   I hear tomorrow some nasty storms to arrive late afternoon.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sun popped out for a bit here today, mostly cloudy now and also very humid.   I hear tomorrow some nasty storms to arrive late afternoon.

We usually have the same weather as you.It is still sunny here.Storms predicted for tomorrow starting at noon.I have an 11:15 dentist appointment .I am not looking forward to being out in yukky weather.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Sue, your husband could be a twin of a gentleman who use to work for me.  

They say we all have doppelgängers somewhere. 

He worked in Toronto in his 20s, but came over to UK in early 1980s, don't think he's ever worked in USA . 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Good morning 

First sunrise of the cruise. 

29A9C266-7810-4AA5-A2B4-4A35565C213D.thumb.jpeg.ea00662ed235974a7eb0010966a1fa96.jpeg

Have a great day

You should frame this one, Mark!  Beautiful!

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

They dredge because there is a US submarine base (Kings Bay) that is accessed through this channel.  If you're very lucky, you can see a sub moving through the channel.  It doesn't happen often and it's not public knowledge when it will happen, so it really is luck if you see one.  Rarer than sharks teeth.

Our daughter's ex-husband was on a Nuclear Sub out of St. Mary's,  Georgia

5 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The fog bank enveloping the New England coast refuses to blow out. I think it is going to ruin tonight's lunar eclipse.😐

We FINALLY have sun today!!!!!  We have had fog for days around here, along with rain.  Guess what our weather is for tomorrow??  Thunderstorms!!  Nice weather will be arriving here beginning Tuesday😊  I did get started with some planting and weeding, which felt good to be doing.  I am sitting here with a heating pad on my shoulders as I type, but I'm so glad that I was able to be working outside today!!😉

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

You should frame this one, Mark!  Beautiful!

Our daughter's ex-husband was on a Nuclear Sub out of St. Mary's,  Georgia

We FINALLY have sun today!!!!!  We have had fog for days around here, along with rain.  Guess what our weather is for tomorrow??  Thunderstorms!!  Nice weather will be arriving here beginning Tuesday😊  I did get started with some planting and weeding, which felt good to be doing.  I am sitting here with a heating pad on my shoulders as I type, but I'm so glad that I was able to be working outside today!!😉

Five hours of sunshine here.We have the same prediction,thunderstorms tomorrow and sunshine Wednesday.However,this is still not May weather.

The 3 outdoor pools in my condo development open on Memorial Day weekend.Will there be hot weather or will the opening be postponed ?

• Like 2

North Star was amazing.

IMG-20220513-WA0004.jpg

I'm glad you both had such a wonderful time on your cruise!

Thank you so much that is very nice of you to say.

Graham.

IMG_20220514_191028.jpg

IMG_20220514_191205.jpg

Lovely, as always!!

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

instead, I'll be going around the block to a friends house to watch.  My 55 inch TV is dwarfed by his 75 inch TV. 

Watching the game with a friend sounds like a great plan!  Enjoy the game!!

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Humid here also, but sun is still out here, I'm happy to say!  Beautiful day here.  We expect thunderstorms tomorrow...

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

One of our cactuses surprised us this morning --

image.thumb.jpeg.8b3a3ba3c1f7d903600a6e1af6a63bb1.jpeg

Beautiful, Dani!  I've never seen that kind of flower on a cactus before!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, sgmn said:

Our cruise was on Silhouette Norwegian Fjords.  Now to look forward to The Beyond next month 

Sail into Bergan 

Climbed 420 steps to the top of a hill overlooking Alesund Harbour 

IMG-20220510-WA0008.thumb.jpg.c9447fb3751d5c6ac59362ae74777587.jpg

Some pics of Olden 

IMG-20220510-WA0010.thumb.jpg.d87fd22611665cef02c5cff6d8f26ce7.jpg20220511_121533.thumb.jpg.36e06cda82d4df6be9d000a1f3fc75a3.jpg20220511_132042.thumb.jpg.68218d1966b2021a14ce4fd0aa68f2c8.jpg20220511_133913.thumb.jpg.b7bbca7657dbeb65fd408dd211586f69.jpg

Stavanger port 

In our favourite bar enjoying a Cosmopolitan 

IMG-20220512-WA0006.thumb.jpeg.60e4c66cd9d9224b69321c6190f48dd5.jpeg

Beautiful pictures, Sue!  It looks like you and Gary had a great cruise.  I love the Silhouette, we've been on her 3 times now.  Cruising on the Beyond will be here before you know it!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I moved to Dallas 40 years ago , one of my friends bought season tickets to cowboys and I went with him to almost every game for first few years , it was byob back then and since he paid for tickets I brought a quart of my Bloody Mary and a six pack, we lived a couple of miles from stadium, but I also had a large screen back then and after a while we preferred just sitting in my living room and watching the games there.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

We usually have the same weather as you.It is still sunny here.Storms predicted for tomorrow starting at noon.I have an 11:15 dentist appointment .I am not looking forward to being out in yukky weather.

Weather has improved since my post earlier.   Very happy its not raining.  Sun shining temp is 78 and we got a bunch of yard work done.    Mulch out front and one side of house is done.   Will pick up another 14 or 15 large bags this week for the other side and back patio, etc.   

• Like 5

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Good luck at the Dentist tomorrow.🤩

• Like 1