Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Well here’s an update from the ball tournament.

We were winning 1/0 top of the third. Owen made two great catches for outs in the outfield. It was his first at bat and as he was running to first, the first baseman got the throw from third.  First baseman was well off the base line and had to tag Owen for the out except he was a great distance away. Instead of tagging Owen with control he hit them with such force that Owen flew in the air. He physically bodychecked him.

So now we are at the hospital emerge. Owen has a broken wrist. Their player was ejected.

I’m waiting in the car because only one person is allowed to go in with them. They’re actually going to put him to sleep to set the wrist. He is in a lot of pain and is also pissed. 

So sorry you had to spend Father’s Day at the ER. I hope Owen heals and will be better than ever. I imagine years from now you and Owen will be able to laugh about. I’m glad the other kid got ejected . That’s so uncalled for.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Update from Lisa…

So they couldn’t get it all the way back in…they are casting it at the moment, and we will be getting an X-ray and waiting to see the surgeon. Surgery is likely 

Sounds like surgery and a over night stay once they schedule the surgery.

Edited by Jimbo

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So sorry you had to spend Father’s Day at the ER. I hope Owen heals and will be better than ever. I imagine years from now you and Owen will be able to laugh about. I’m glad the other kid got ejected . That’s so uncalled for.

Sometimes the throw sends the (1st Basement) fielder into the runner's path and there is an collision, see it a lot in Major league games.  Seems weird they would eject the player in less he just on purpose wasn't going for the ball and just decided to body block Owen from getting to 1st base.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

We were winning 1/0 top of the third. Owen made two great catches for outs in the outfield. It was his first at bat and as he was running to first, the first baseman got the throw from third.  First baseman was well off the base line and had to tag Owen for the out except he was a great distance away. Instead of tagging Owen with control he hit them with such force that Owen flew in the air. He physically bodychecked him.

So now we are at the hospital emerge. Owen has a broken wrist. Their player was ejected.

I’m waiting in the car because only one person is allowed to go in with them. They’re actually going to put him to sleep to set the wrist. He is in a lot of pain and is also pissed. 

So sorry to read this Andrew.  I hope Owen heals quickly.  Sure a lousy way to spend Father’s Day. 
I would hope the other kid gets more than an ejection from this one game, like maybe suspension for a couple of games.  I understand playing to win but not when it results in serious injury to other players.  Please keep us posted. 

• Like 3

Andrew and Lisa. 

I am heart broken on Owens inflicted injury.  To be ejected “for the game” is incidental for the first baseman as  to what misery Owen is going through. 

This act of aggression should have stiffer penalties. Maybe have him benched until Owen can be back on the field playing again …………..however long it takes for proper mending and healing. 

Hopefully once the wrist is immobilized the discomfort will lessen. 

My prayers are for a quick recovery. As well as to the surgeon for his operative hands. 

Take care. 

Sue 

• Like 4

Andrew and Lisa- I just read about Owen’s injury. I am hoping that the procedure alleviates his pain and that his recovery is complete and quick.

@LuckynanaI read that your SSOTD was one from Fairfield University. My DH graduated from there in 1973. Can I ask about your connection to Fairfield?

Wishing all an enjoyable day !

MJ 🙋🏻

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for all the kind words. I’ll keep you posted as more goes on.  We’re about 1 hour from home so whenever this concludes we thankfully Don’t have a long drive.

Now fortunately tomorrow I get to spend five hours at the hospital with my mom , and she’s getting ready for her surgery replacement in early July.  I’m thankful these places exists but would love to never be at them. 

• Like 12

15 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

All of Rick’s albums are eclectic.  I love YES.  I have probably most of Rick’s albums.  Some are really good, the one pictured  included.  Some are painful, such as the Six Wives.  Journey to the Center of the Earth was pretty awesome.  He was amazing on the keyboards.  Debatable of which is the greatest Keith Emerson of ELP or Rick Wakeman.  I am a huge Strawbs fan (nobody knows who they are), Rick played with them early on before joining YES.  

I love intelligent rock and roll, and I hate bubble gum music.  Rick definitely fell in the intelligent side of the aisle.

In your opinion does Yes sound almost identical in many songs to Boston and Kansas ,that is my opinion.

5 hours ago, Lionesss said:

HAPPY FATHERS DAY.

To all the unsung heroes in our lives.

Dad's

Father in Laws

Grand Fathers

Great Uncles

Spouses

Sons

Brothers

Uncles

Nephews

Their title maybe different, but the gifts they share are never forgotten.

Be safe.

May I add Step Brothers and Step Fathers

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Another beautiful day here at the beach.  little chill in the area (temp 62f) but it will warm up to low/mid 70's today.    Bright sunny sky and we are all headed out for a morning bike ride then breakfast.

We had a Fathers Day Brunch here ,more like a late breakfast .My children bought me 5 books and a DVD  .Toby made a feast .I got kisses from my grand dogs.What could be better.😀

• Like 5

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We went out to dinner last night and stopped after in a little bar that we like for a drink.  I have 2 things to share from that experience.  First, the bartender is a huge Grateful Dead fan.  She said that a lot of Deadheads are now following a kid named Billy Strings.  I'd never heard of him and did some searching this morning.  He's a pretty amazing bluegrass guitarist, and only 29.  If you like that kind of music, definitely go listen to some of his stuff.  There's a video of him playing with Tommy Emmanuel that is particularly impressive.

Second, this old sign was hanging on the wall.  It's not wrong.

APC_2833.thumb.JPG.92782724725585846c9f43aa8c680a9c.JPG

If you like Billy Strings check out Bert Wills unless of course you are familiar with Bert.I saw him in concert and then bought every CD he ever released.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Oh no, that's horrible.  I'm sure he's pissed since he won't be able to play ball for several weeks.    Sorry to hear this😪

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Woke up to low 50's this morning. Currently 58 and brilliant sunshine with clear skies but with the wind, making it feel like an early autumn day.

Father's Day gift: Sadly, no steak dinner for me but taking a hike with my step daughter up a small mountain (or really tall hill) that has excellent views of the Hudson River with the NYC skyline in the distance, followed by a Battle of the Bands concert at a brewery on the shores of said Hudson River.  Making new memories is what its all about. 🙂

And hopefully I can snag a steak sandwich from one of the food trucks.😉

EDIT TO ADD: There is actually a Texas Roadhouse not to far, may use the link that @Jimbo provided to check out wait times after the concert is over.

Perhaps is the area you are referring to Peekskill ?

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Andrew and Lisa- I just read about Owen’s injury. I am hoping that the procedure alleviates his pain and that his recovery is complete and quick.

@LuckynanaI read that your SSOTD was one from Fairfield University. My DH graduated from there in 1973. Can I ask about your connection to Fairfield?

Wishing all an enjoyable day !

MJ 🙋🏻

Yes!  Our oldest granddaughter, Erin, will be starting her Senior year there in the Fall.  She is in the Nursing Program and absolutely loves it!  She's working in a hospital in Ct. for the Summer.😊

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

May I add Step Brothers and Step Fathers

Please do!!  My SIL Pete is an AWESOME step father to our granddaughter Ava.  They are like best buds, and do so many things together...they surf, pladdle board, ski, etc.  He's the Best!❤️

• Like 2

Just now, A&L_Ont said:

Further update.

So we’re still at the hospital waiting for the second set of x-rays. Lisa and Owen just went in to get them. If they don’t like them after that it’s surgery.

That would be great if they don't have to do surgery. Thanks for the update. let him know there are a whole bunch of people here who are concerned and wish the best for him.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

That would be great if they don't have to do surgery. Thanks for the update. let him know there are a whole bunch of people here who are concerned and wish the best for him.

That's for sure, Greg!😉

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Please do!!  My SIL Pete is an AWESOME step father to our granddaughter Ava.  They are like best buds, and do so many things together...they surf, pladdle board, ski, etc.  He's the Best!❤️

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

My best friend who passed away two years ago from Covid was a wonderful step-father to his wife’s daughter.

• Like 4