Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Our cat also has fur like that. Lilo is a mixed breed of we don't know what. She was a stray. First picture when she was a baby and next 2 she is grown. She's a small cat. Her fur feels so soft unlike other cats we have had.

20180129_213020.thumb.jpg.26ee8829102c7a2e53e5ecfee26511cf.jpg

Screenshot_20210703-140428_Messages.jpg.d14e4fff287011afd2d986ded9f231cd.jpg

20191119_233426.thumb.jpg.933aad7dc1b0d6b395e1d934dd3e63c8.jpg

She is also a stunning beauty😃

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 11:03 PM, Sea Dog said:

Just started watching the new FX series "The Old Man" with Jeff Bridges and John Lithgow. Boy this is really going to be good. At 72 years young who recently recovered from cancer and COVID he is an ultimate bad ass. The physical acting in some of the first episode fight scenes was incredible. Give it a watch.

We just watched the first episode last night.  Looks like it should be very good.  I agree with you about the physical things that Jeff Bridges is doing.  We had a similar thought about John Voight in Ray Donovan.  Although it wasn't quite what Jeff Bridges did, he had some pretty physical activity and was about 80 at the end of the series.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My oldest granddaughter is graduating high school today.She is an honors student.

At 3 PM there will be a lunch for the honors grads and their family members followed by the graduation ceremony at 5PM.After the graduation my family members are coming to my house for cake and ice cream.

Congratulations and Kudos to your granddaughter!

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

From yesterday’s tournament.   Putt for Eagle.   His first Eagle. 

Next stop the PGA tour!!!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Does Royal have a shore excursion like Princess for the rest of the canal?
On our second partial transit an excursion was available that we took. 
We tendered from the ship in Gatun Lake, and were taken to a small boat with 2 decks. 
We sat on the open top deck. Went through the rest of the locks and into the Pacific ocean. The lock experience on a small boat is spectacular!

We got to see the new locks. The whole thing was wonderful, even our lunch!

We motor coached back from Panama City to reboard the ship in Colon. 
I hope Royal offers that trip, too. 

They did last month, and I booked it, unfortunately, the stop got cancelled because of dredging or lack of at the pier.  

JC

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Our cat also has fur like that. Lilo is a mixed breed of we don't know what. She was a stray. First picture when she was a baby and next 2 she is grown. She's a small cat. Her fur feels so soft unlike other cats we have had.

Screenshot_20210703-140428_Messages.jpg.d14e4fff287011afd2d986ded9f231cd.jpg

20191119_233426.thumb.jpg.933aad7dc1b0d6b395e1d934dd3e63c8.jpg

Lilo is beautiful.  She looks like she's a good snuggler, being so soft like that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brillohead said:

Is it just me, or is that Elephant balancing statue just kinda.... random?

I could understand if there was a general "circus" theme all around, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I also thought the elephant looked out of place and so white.

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

Very pretty.  Her fur looks very soft and full.

She is very soft. It feels like cashmere.

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

The bottom photo is why cats are so much fun. They are imaginative and enjoy investigating new things, new sensations, and they are just plain entertaining!

She is the most playful and funniest of the 3. She is 8 and still acts like a kitten.

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

It was not easy because Toby said not to take the Walker/Chair because she thought there would not be enough room to use it in the restaurant .My son in law parked a block away and I had to walk holding on to Toby.When we left the restaurant my daughters and one granddaughter helped me get to the car.

Your SIL should have dropped you and Toby off at the front of the place.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My oldest granddaughter is graduating high school today.She is an honors student.

At 3 PM there will be a lunch for the honors grads and their family members followed by the graduation ceremony at 5PM.After the graduation my family members are coming to my house for cake and ice cream.

Congratulations! Have some extra cake for me!

• Like 1

Our office cabinet install is 99% complete.  There were two shelves missing in the two glass upper cabinets.  They'll get delivered and installed in a few weeks. 🤞 We need to touch up a few drywall screw "pops" and install some cable trays under the workstation areas (they arrive tomorrow).  We can then move everything that's currently on our kitchen island and dining room table back into the office.  Will be nice to have our office back again.

IMG_8859.thumb.jpg.daf5b91b09bd39f570fd46ae1aec13aa.jpg

• Like 27

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Those are very nice and require hitting a good shot, but there's a bit of luck involved

I will never forget the 1st time I landed on the green with my 1st stoke on a par 4.  I hit the ball and couldn't see where it went.  My friend started yelling,  You are on the green! I was on hole 3, I hit the ball into a tree and it bounced back on the green ....... on hole 4!  😆 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

40 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our office cabinet install is 99% complete.  There were two shelves missing in the two glass upper cabinets.  They'll get delivered and installed in a few weeks. 🤞 We need to touch up a few drywall screw "pops" and install some cable trays under the workstation areas (they arrive tomorrow).  We can then move everything that's currently on our kitchen island and dining room table back into the office.  Will be nice to have our office back again.

Wow Bob that is beautiful!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

It was not easy because Toby said not to take the Walker/Chair because she thought there would not be enough room to use it in the restaurant .My son in law parked a block away and I had to walk holding on to Toby.When we left the restaurant my daughters and one granddaughter helped me get to the car.

I’m glad you were able to do it and that it was a splendid evening. 

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

No harm no foul trying other cruise lines. Look here is my Wife Donna and I sailing on Carnival.

20220624_113435.thumb.jpg.98a52630de65b9b2f063b3f9af6332f2.jpg

Wow! Great photo! 
I haven’t been on Carnival in years, but enjoyed the cruises I took, and learned about goat cheese from their yummy pizzas. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Looks great Bob. I love the ceiling too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

They did last month, and I booked it, unfortunately, the stop got cancelled because of dredging or lack of at the pier.  

JC

Well dang! That stinks!

You’ll have to do the cruise again when the dredging is done. 
It’s well worth it!

18 minutes ago, NHProud said:

@Sea DogI was at Costco and who did this remind me of ?

0B401563-6991-46BA-9E37-4D2AFC0A22B8.jpeg

E5A65270-C9DA-4789-9C14-B53D9FD4BC99.jpeg

I remember seeing Louie in Sam’s Club for $1200 20 years ago and teasing my wife about buying a bottle. Wish I had now.

I did buy a glass aboard Explorer as my retirement gift at $250 a glass. It was incredible. Here was my little video of the experience.

9 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

You are totally right.  Mojito time.  Cheers to a great weekend!

APC_2840.thumb.JPG.5498d5ebef7ccada6c97c1582f74cdf7.JPG

Cheers buddy!

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 9

It’s been a very sad for me but I won’t discuss politics. What I will discuss is my son doing a belated Father’s Day with me.

First we went had sushi together at one of our favorite spots. Boy it’s nice when your son picks up the tab.

Then we went to a nearby craft cocktail bar and tasted some interesting cocktails. Sorry there are no pics.

After we got home he presented me with several gifts.

9F90EFF5-DAC1-4042-B2F6-CE8BE07D5C41.thumb.jpeg.1d84ee36b1e04ffaa4869f2d3815e772.jpeg

The first being a do your own whiskey kit. Here you can take a basic bourbon and add different flavors and age the spirits in a bottle for several weeks.

8F59A1DA-E8DB-4584-B667-624DEA8197DB.thumb.jpeg.5146e1a0243ca708e0281868714f9c8b.jpeg

Some of the flavors that you can infuse are dark chocolate, vanilla, orange peel, and birds eye chili to create a flavor infused bourbon.

This should be fun.

Next a cocktail smoker.

5E598A5A-8B64-4A6A-A2A5-148F1BA05D41.thumb.jpeg.9f2bf3e8191a77dea5d3553151234e48.jpeg

and finally a book that we really need.

F58C2743-5687-43B6-B42B-F9D08CD3930E.thumb.jpeg.4c2922e654503af61dd0bddfe75a3414.jpeg

All in all I could not be prouder of my son and who he has become. It made my sad depressing day a little brighter.

• Like 25