Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@sgmn

Sue & Gary, Graham & Pauline, from the comfort of our AC (38C outside), pls. keep cool, thinking of you on those hot hot times 😘

Thank you Dani.

I hope you are fully recovered from your covid.

Take care and best wishes.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Graham- Your gardens are lovely- the white hydrangea is beautiful !

I thought that I would share some of our front garden photos.

Enjoy the day everyone! Stay cool!😎

MJ🙋🏻

86A735B5-ACAA-4B51-9575-7AA77D1C7226.jpeg

A1101F5F-5D3A-4392-B1A2-7F8432616AE7.jpeg

Lovely.

Thanks for sharing.

Graham 

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Debbie.

All the plants and hydrangeas got a good watering this morning.

IMG_20220719_113240.jpg

IMG_20220719_105900.jpg

IMG_20220719_085507.jpg

16582350463477862059180541925910.jpg

Your gardens are beautiful.  Do you get a lot of birds?  IF so, what kinds of birds do you see?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you so much, Bonnie!  How are you doingy with your foot and your new apartment?

I forgot I hit quote yesterday but never responded.

Maryann, thanks for asking.  Foot hurts more now than when I was in rehab.  OT said it's because I'm doing more and although I keep weight off that leg, it still gets "used".  Unfortunately, I rely more on my happy pills at night so I can sleep pain free. Today (in 110 degree heat) I have a surgeon appointment.  

Apartment is coming along and will really feel like home once artwork and curtains are up.   Waiting for another 2 weeks for our "handyman" to get here.  Jack isn't sure which hooks to use.     Besides I don't think Jack is too steady on a ladder so for safety sake we rely on our guy.

Some of you have inspired me to plant tomatoes in pots on my balcony next summer!  

• Like 11

I am jealous of all those beautiful gardens. It seems we just buy things to kill off each year. Sometimes we get some help from the deer.  It seems they love hosta. By this time of year, this is what they look like. 

80E6C95E-4688-42F1-A167-2D6290AC16C7.thumb.jpeg.e023e118427710001f2b634e71be2bed.jpeg

I keep telling Susan we should take this advice. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Your gardens are beautiful.  Do you get a lot of birds?  IF so, what kinds of birds do you see?

Yes.

Blackbirds,thrushes,blue tits, chaffinches, greenfinches, gold finches, robins,wrens, sparrows,wood pigeons, magpies, seagulls,owls, woodpeckers and sometimes birds of prey like sparrowhawks.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I, on the other hand, look at the yard as one big time consuming pain in my a$$.

I used to pay Pauline's sister who lives next door to take care of our garden but now Pauline likes to do most of the work.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Foot hurts more now than when I was in rehab.  OT said it's because I'm doing more and although I keep weight off that leg, it still gets "used".  Unfortunately, I rely more on my happy pills at night so I can sleep pain free. Today (in 110 degree heat) I have a surgeon appointment.  

Hang in there. It takes time but you will get there. I relied on the happy pills for sleep at night too. Doc said do what you need to do to get a good nights sleep. Your body needs it.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Wow, it's been a while now, Dani.☹️  Here's hoping it will soon subside, and you begin to feel better.🙏

My friend said her husband tested positive for 20 days, though he does have underlying health conditions 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Yes.

Blackbirds,thrushes,blue tits, chaffinches, greenfinches, gold finches, robins,wrens, sparrows,wood pigeons, magpies, seagulls,owls, woodpeckers and sometimes birds of prey like sparrowhawks.

What a wonderful variety of birds!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

No we do not have AC.

We live on the North East coast of England about 100 miles south of Scotland and we never get temperatures any where near like it is currently.

Shops have AC but no houses to my knowledge are built with AC installed certainly not in the North of England.

I received a text from my SIL yesterday and she had just heard on the news that less than 1% of Londoners have A/C . She found that astounding .  She lives in MN and is wilting in the heat and humidity.  She has taken students in study abroad programs twice to London . 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

No we do not have AC.

We live on the North East coast of England about 100 miles south of Scotland and we never get temperatures any where near like it is currently.

Shops have AC but no houses to my knowledge are built with AC installed certainly not in the North of England.

As Graham says hardly anyone has AC.  My son did buy an AC unit last year as they were worried about their new baby overheating and we have fans to keep cool. When I was working I loved going into the cool of Heathrow in the summer. Currently mid afternoon and 37c here in the South. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Hang in there. It takes time but you will get there. I relied on the happy pills for sleep at night too. Doc said do what you need to do to get a good nights sleep. Your body needs it.

Thanks, Greg.  My doctor said the same.

@dani negreanuDani, I sure hope you're feeling better. Refuah Shlema!

My sister and BIL had covid approx. 2 weeks ago and tested negative Sunday and yesterday.  I still am cautious and don't know if it's "safe" to see them, even with the negative results.  Some of the buggers can still be floating around undetected.

Five of our close friends, plus my sister/BIL, nephew, niece have all gotten covid.  CDC announced Dallas and Collin counties are under a RED alert which means face masks are strongly advised to be worn indoors.  Here we go again!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

@sgmn

Sue & Gary, Graham & Pauline, from the comfort of our AC (38C outside), pls. keep cool, thinking of you on those hot hot times 😘

Thanks Dani, just taking it easy in front of the fan. Will go swimming in the cool pool at our sports club soon. Felt for the poor workmen laying the new floor but they've finished now

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, sgmn said:

As Graham says hardly anyone has AC.  My son did buy an AC unit last year as they were worried about their new baby overheating and we have fans to keep cool. When I was working I loved going into the cool of Heathrow in the summer. Currently mid afternoon and 37c here in the South. 

Did your son's move go okay Sue and did your new flooring get fitted🙏🤞

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Did your son's move go okay Sue and did your new flooring get fitted🙏🤞

Thanks Graham for asking, yes move went OK. Lovely little terrace house five min walk from the Thames . They have a small garden, which they didn't in the flat. I think they will miss London but hopefully will settle in quickly. 

And the flooring guys have just finished . Just some touching up with paint which we can do. New skirting boards and coving  done. Walls and ceilings were skimmed last week and we've done most of the painting 

20220719_142923.thumb.jpg.6f857a0c4e10472253fc84e772c7dce1.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Thanks Graham for asking, yes move went OK. Lovely little terrace house five min walk from the Thames . They have a small garden, which they didn't in the flat. I think they will miss London but hopefully will settle in quickly. 

And the flooring guys have just finished . Just some touching up with paint which we can do. New skirting boards and coving  done. Walls and ceilings were skimmed last week and we've done most of the painting 

Delighted for you all Sue.

Flooring looks lovely.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Excellent.   Your new flooring looks beautiful.

Enjoy your swim😃

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

I am jealous of all those beautiful gardens. It seems we just buy things to kill off each year. Sometimes we get some help from the deer.  It seems they love hosta. By this time of year, this is what they look like. 

80E6C95E-4688-42F1-A167-2D6290AC16C7.thumb.jpeg.e023e118427710001f2b634e71be2bed.jpeg

I keep telling Susan we should take this advice. 

Have  also seen rabbits  do that to hosta?

• Like 1

I baked a couple peach crumbles this morning from peaches I picked off our tree yesterday.  I just took one to our neighbor who mowed our lawn while we were at the shore.   He looked like he was going to cry as he misses all the wonderful things his Wife used to bake.  She died last year from Covid.

20220719_102854.thumb.jpg.2693a2d30c8d3fa0b68e2d63cfd8b634.jpg

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 15