Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

I am not sure Greg. Was surfing channels and found it. Was looking for the show Pati's Mexican Table and found the channel and the show. 

https://www.hungry.live/channel

I found this.  Is this what you are looking for?  It says it on the LG channels but I can't get it to load with the internet down.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Happy to hear your garden is doing good. I am watering some each day too.  Some of the garden is doing good, some muh.  We are really enjoying those surprise tomatoes.   I picked a dozen yesterday and 8 today.   Great size.  Overall a little over 150 tomatoes picked and that is no cherry.

Peppers doing good.  A couple plants are about 4 1/2 feet but not producing.   The rest about 3 1/2 to 4.  I have never had them grow this big.

I started the beans, peas and cucumbers to late.  The beans and peas are pretty much done.  The cucumbers are tall and flowering but not producing. 

I started more seeds about two weeks ago. Brussel sprouts and zucchini.   They are taking off.  Will see.  Last week I started cherry tomatoes again.   The last 2 years I had huge harvest of them but this year nothing.  Can't give up.

Wow 150 +/- tomatoes, that's awesome.     This morning while I was picking stuff I remembered that I told myself I was going to keep a list of what the various tomato plants produced to help with my seed selection for next year.   I guess I forgot to remind myself the other week.   I might start the list this weekend since we still have a lot of growing season left.    

I'm having issues with my bell peppers.    I have one plant that has produced a couple but the other plants nothing yet.     My banana peppers and hiberneros are doing okay, not a lot but okay.   I'm thinking I may have planted the peppers too early as we had a bit a cold spell come in sometime beginning of May. 

Zucchini are doing okay, not as good as the cucumber and eggplant.     

We are not big fans of brussel sprouts enough to plant them.    

• Like 2

Our day was pretty laid back today.  We did more bike riding practice, and he continues to improve.  Another week, and we may have to get our bikes out to keep up.

Had a hibachi lunch.  Yum yum sauce for @Jimbo

B324F07A-F2CB-4339-9DC6-8E27D8B0F65E.thumb.jpeg.fdb3eaa128d6de06f5faf5756c1f9a91.jpeg

We have a full schedule planned for the weekend. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

https://www.hungry.live/channel

I found this.  Is this what you are looking for?  It says it on the LG channels but I can't get it to load with the internet down.

I got into the website.     Looks like the streaming is available on LG, Samsung TV Plus and Vizio Smartcast as well as Roku and amazon firestick.   Looks like the channel has some great cooking shows.

I see we posted at the same time 😁

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Up here you have to worry about the critters using drones to see over the fences.

This is a common occurrence in London during the harvest season.  Drones fly over the yards in the daytime and later people jump over the fence later for a free harvest. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Alright you garden people, my DH came home from work with these. He got them from someone who works for him. She said they aren’t hot and are Italian peppers and something else. DH doesn’t remember. Are these good for sausages with peppers and onions?  A9134ACD-DB5C-41A7-9A98-23F83FB420C8.thumb.jpeg.003819d3a55af81f9ce57bfc90804dc8.jpeg

These are banana peppers.   Yes, you can use them with sausage and onions.    They should have a mild tangy taste (not really sweet and not hot).

They are also great for salsa.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

For me Lenny I use CC mobile website and post predominantly on impulse wherever I am and the main board is easy to find in a few seconds.

I understand non CC members cannot access Floataway.

I hope you are a lot better now after your heart scare.

Take care.

Graham.

Thanks for the explanation,Graham.I am feeling better but I am going to my Cardiologist Monday morning to check things out.I wanted to go today but my doctor was not in and I did not want to go to somebody else in the practice.If I was still not feeling well this morning I would have gone today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Hate to say it, but it might be time to move this thread to Floataway Lounge 

And for the first time I will not defend this thread like I ALWAYS have, and will absolutely agree with you John. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

These are banana peppers.   Yes, you can use them with sausage and onions.    They should have a mild tangy taste (not really sweet and not hot).

Ummm you are making me hungry Debbie.

• Like 1

And now, for something totally different.  The couple that live in the house behind us graduated with my daughter.  He owns one of the local beer distributor businesses, and it looks like he is using some promo items to decorate their back deck. 

I look out a couple nights ago, and see a large, light up beer sign. So I asked Susan if I could put one up in our hot tub gazebo, for some additional lighting.  After all, I still have a few bar displays from my college days.  I got them as promo items when I ran our fraternity beer and pop concession. 

This is one of my rare favorites.  I have seen a couple bar top displays with the horse, but I have never seen another light up hanging sign like this one. 

958EE9FA-6B26-40FC-ACE4-E623A1F4DDCA.thumb.jpeg.1aeebb1b1a73d5ff671698d5f8ccb0e3.jpeg

Mustang malt was made by the Pittsburgh Brewing company.  They had Heartland make the plastic horses for these display pieces in the late 1960’s. 

Unfortunately, Susan said no, so my vintage beer signs have to stay in my basement. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Wow 150 +/- tomatoes, that's awesome.     This morning while I was picking stuff I remembered that I told myself I was going to keep a list of what the various tomato plants produced to help with my seed selection for next year.   I guess I forgot to remind myself the other week.   I might start the list this weekend since we still have a lot of growing season left.    

I'm having issues with my bell peppers.    I have one plant that has produced a couple but the other plants nothing yet.     My banana peppers and hiberneros are doing okay, not a lot but okay.   I'm thinking I may have planted the peppers too early as we had a bit a cold spell come in sometime beginning of May. 

Zucchini are doing okay, not as good as the cucumber and eggplant.     

We are not big fans of brussel sprouts enough to plant them.    

I have a spreadsheet keeping up with it.  It's the accountant in me.  Last year I forgot to start my spreadsheet right away so the first line was a range of the first two weeks.

Remember my garden was put out April 14.  Your peppers will probably start doing better soon.  Also remember I have 29 pepper plants.

My Amish Paste plants are outgrown the cattle panel so I have been strapping on extention sticks.  The ladder 🪜 is back in the garden.   Next Tuesday is supposed to be the last of 100 degree weather.  If the plants start producing flows again there will be hope for a great finish. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks looks like you need Amazon Fire or Roku to get the app. I’ll keep searching around. Thank you!

My LG TV offers channels.  It looks like it will be on it.  I will have e to check later.  It looks like Samsung offers channels too.  You might find some of it on YouTube. 

Edited by Ozark_Kid
Looks like Sunshine3601 mentioned this
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have a spreadsheet keeping up with it.  It's the accountant in me.  Last year I forgot to start my spreadsheet right away so the first line was a range of the first two weeks.

Remember my garden was put out April 14.  Your peppers will probably start doing better soon.  Also remember I have 29 pepper plants.

My Amish Paste plants are outgrown the cattle panel so I have been strapping on extention sticks.  The ladder 🪜 is back in the garden.   Next Tuesday is supposed to be the last of 100 degree weather.  If the plants start producing flows again there will be hope for a great finish. 

I guess i will do some estimating too.  I'm definitely a numbers person 😀

Yes, my Amish paste needed additional support too.  I tied them to some metal trellis I had in my shed.  

Eric was sitting on patio while I was setting up sprinkler out front and watering everything out back.   Neighbors started coming out asking if we had power.    We just lost electricity for an hour or so.   Probably power grid issues with this heat.

This weekend is to be really hot then we have a day or two in low 90s then back to 100 by Wednesday or Thursday. 

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

And now, for something totally different.  The couple that live in the house behind us graduated with my daughter.  He owns one of the local beer distributor businesses, and it looks like he is using some promo items to decorate their back deck. 

I look out a couple nights ago, and see a large, light up beer sign. So I asked Susan if I could put one up in our hot tub gazebo, for some additional lighting.  After all, I still have a few bar displays from my college days.  I got them as promo items when I ran our fraternity beer and pop concession. 

This is one of my rare favorites.  I have seen a couple bar top displays with the horse, but I have never seen another light up hanging sign like this one. 

958EE9FA-6B26-40FC-ACE4-E623A1F4DDCA.thumb.jpeg.1aeebb1b1a73d5ff671698d5f8ccb0e3.jpeg

Mustang malt was made by the Pittsburgh Brewing company.  They had Heartland make the plastic horses for these display pieces in the late 1960’s. 

Unfortunately, Susan said no, so my vintage beer signs have to stay in my basement. 

Probably better to keep inside to keep in good condition.  It is cool looking.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I guess i will do some estimating too.  I'm definitely a numbers person 😀

Yes, my Amish paste needed additional support too.  I tied them to some metal trellis I had in my shed.  

Eric was sitting on patio while I was setting up sprinkler out front and watering everything out back.   Neighbors started coming out asking if we had power.    We just lost electricity for an hour or so.   Probably power grid issues with this heat.

This weekend is to be really hot then we have a day or two in low 90s then back to 100 by Wednesday or Thursday. 

Stay cool. Get Krakening!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

This is a common occurrence in London during the harvest season.  Drones fly over the yards in the daytime and later people jump over the fence later for a free harvest. 

Wow!  ☹️ That's awful!

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Is the dark green one on the right a poblano? And the darker green on the left a jalapeno? They look like it to me but I'm not the expert here.

On 7/21/2022 at 5:41 PM, jagsfan said:

I got some sad news a few minutes ago. 
Ny dear 98 year old friend Ginny got back yesterday from Pennsylvania where she was staying with her daughter. 
Her daughter was recovering from surgery and Ginny flew up to take care of her. 
She was there more than a month, and enjoyed the grands and great grands. 
Photos were posted on Facebook of Ginny in a backyard water balloon fight. 
Last night, home in her own bed, she got up to go to the bathroom and forgot she left her suitcase between her bed and the bathroom. 
Yep! She tripped over it and broke where the ball fits into her hip socket. 
The orthopedic group and other doctors are trying to decide what to do. 
At her age, surgery is especially risky, but Ginny has been trotting up and down stairs, dancing any time there’s music, 

and enjoying life in general. 
Her only signs of age are macular degeneration and having a harder time reading the dice. 
We are not ready to lose Ginny. 
And  really not ready to have her lose her zest for life. 
Please send up a prayer that she won’t lose her quality of life and can heal from this. 
Mimi

So sorry to hear about your friend Ginny. Wishing the best for her.

On 7/21/2022 at 7:12 PM, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

Mochi says Hi to Belle and everyone

33AAEB79-BABF-4F4B-9415-9968363945AC.thumb.jpeg.6eacf49a6cd7064b565014677444992a.jpeg

Such a cutie.

19 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Good morning, it seems we'll need to make do without Jimbo for the next week. His corn and sunflowers will gain a lot of TLC 😉

Thank you, Jim 👍

Monopoly?

Never mind. I see Deb answered it.

Edited by ReneeFLL

10 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Most of us want it to stay here John and this thread is always on the front RC page.

Float away lounge is harder to find hence sorry I have not been on Bella's thread for a while.

I hope your family are all well John.

Graham.

I have Bella’s thread bookmarked and I would do the same to this one if it was moved. Very easy to click on it. I do think the fly by nighters come and make a dumb or a nice post and shortly move on. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

On a different note, we had our Serenade 14 day TA 2023 cancelled for next September. We were able to move it to the Jewel 17 day TA 2023 with price protection. I’ll take the 3 extra days.  🥳

That's nice! I actually like Jewel better than Serenade. At least our last Serenade cruise. They were remodeling while we were in our cabin. :classic_rolleyes: First, they were going to "fix" the sink. There was nothing to fix, they replaced it and we had to smell adhesive and solvents all night. The next day they asked us to be out of the stateroom by 8AM so they could work on the shower. We said, No. The next morning at 8AM, they started jackhammering in the cabins on either side of us. We called to complain. They said they had asked us to be out. It was a sea day, BTW. 

The Loyalty Ambassador happened to call that morning. She asked what all the noise was? I said they are remodeling. She was a little shocked that they were doing it while we were there. :classic_smile:

• Like 2