Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

The over the range Microwaves never worked that well for my Wife. She is only 4' 11"

My son and his 5'2" girlfriend have the typical "starter apartment" with a tiny kitchen with limited counter space.  They put their microwave on top of the fridge because there wasn't a good place for it anywhere else, and she has to use a little step-stool to reach it.  

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My mom had a 77 Chevette where the door for the glove box and the cigarette lighter were optional....she didn't pay for them. 

How about a Chevette with the wood paneling sticker on the side?  Boy, we sure knew a lot about "sexy" in the 1970s, didn't we?  LMAO

1976-Chevrolet-Chevette-Woody-Two-Door-Coupe-This-rather-r…-Flickr.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, brillohead said:

My Kia Optima doesn't even have a spare tire... it's got a little kit with a can of "fix a flat" in it!

Laura's Mustang is like that. Spare was optional, I think. But you can use the space for one to expand the trunk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mets07 said:

This made me laugh, with all kindness, as our house was built in 1927. Your renovation does look beautiful!  

Our house was built in 1900. We have a "seriously" small kitchen. No way to expand it as it is surrounded by 2 sets of stairs and the main chimney.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

@CoralcHow are things out your way?   

I ordered cat food from chewy last Saturday and never arrived.   Today I checked into the delivery status and says it has not yet shipped from their Sacramento location.        Looks like that area got hit pretty hard and may continue to have issues with more storms on their way.    

Hope you Stay Safe!

I just saw this. Sacramento on Saturday. I guess they had some evacuations, too. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I just saw this. Sacramento on Saturday. I guess they had some evacuations, too. 

Yikes!  I have family in the Sacto area.  So far they are OK.  One good thing down here in So Cal, we aren't getting the high winds the Bay Area seems to being hit with.  Stay safe Patti.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

Yikes!  I have family in the Sacto area.  So far they are OK.  One good thing down here in So Cal, we aren't getting the high winds the Bay Area seems to being hit with.  Stay safe Patti.

Thanks Pat! We had a couple of short downpours like that this morning. Along with lightning and thunder. Apparently, there is a hole with radiating melted asphalt lines around it a little ways down the hill from a lightning strike. The thunder boom woke everyone up at 8. I may have to check it out when the weather improves. Someone pinpointed the strike on their lightning app. Who knew? ☺️

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Best of all I bought I new purple and white mouse on amazon to arrive tomorrow.😁

I am still using this mouse. 

5FCAD64B-5D4A-4311-BFE9-6A9BF7B33BB5.thumb.jpeg.a2507dd70f73d6da17daa7bd5c0e73cd.jpeg

Won on a cruise years ago. It definitely is not an Oasis class ship in there. 

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Still have my Pioneer direct-drive turntable and Kenwood receiver (big, heavy component) - both bought in '76. Have a Pioneer double-cassette deck also,

I still have all my “old school” components from the 70’s. Kenwood receiver, Dual turntable, and Pioneer deck. I had a cabinet maker build a custom oak cabinet I designed for the equipment, with mesh on the top doors for ventilation, and enclosed storage below for vinyl.  Of course, it does store some other essentials too. 

820A1F7E-2F95-40F4-AC4A-AF8B6623D359.thumb.jpeg.4584bdb48a8fa38146ff66dad7109699.jpeg

It is still going to those monstrous BIC Formula 7 speakers as the main ones

D5C87D11-B568-43CF-A2FA-CB2677278B31.thumb.jpeg.64991bbe7b8f842d9a214a30d73b9ce2.jpeg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Coralc said:

Good Morning Patti,   Glad you have not floated away and are OK.   Sure does look and sound horrible for many.

Hopefully the forecast shows an end to these nasty storms and everyone will see sun soon to dry out and do repairs and clean up.

We're thinking of you and everyone else in this area😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, George C said:

When my wife bought her outback last year we paid extra for them to add a CD player . I always play cd rather than radio in my 2010 car love my 6 cd changer .

All of my music is now on a USB drive. I just plug it into the car. And if I need to add to it I just pull it out and stick it in my pocket to take it into the house. Though when in the car I mostly listen to The Coffee House on XM Radio. It has exposed me to many artists that I otherwise would never have known about. No Shoes Radio is my other XM go to station. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Keksie said:

Our house had a Bosch dishwasher when we bought it.  The first appliance we replaced because while it was quiet it was a pain to load.  Way too much space was taken up with the silverware basket.

My friend has taken out one of the silverware baskets but still isn't thrilled with it.  What did you replace it with?

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

All of my music is now on a USB drive. I just plug it into the car. And if I need to add to it I just pull it out and stick it in my pocket to take it into the house. Though when in the car I mostly listen to The Coffee House on XM Radio. It has exposed me to many artists that I otherwise would never have known about. No Shoes Radio is my other XM go to station. 

When we are traveling, it is always with Amazon music streaming and Waze for navigation.  Never use the navigation screen in the vehicle, although it shows on one of the windows on the screen.  I know that the maps are out of date on the Nav system, because one new toll road south of Pittsburgh isn't even on it.  It looked like we were driving through fields.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

When we are traveling, it is always with Amazon music streaming and Waze for navigation.  Never use the navigation screen in the vehicle, although it shows on one of the windows on the screen.  I know that the maps are out of date on the Nav system, because one new toll road south of Pittsburgh isn't even on it.  It looked like we were driving through fields.

I use the car's navigation system. I typically update every three years. 

• Like 1