Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I can't stand Judge Judy. It seems to me that she is always talking down to people. Yes, I can understand getting frustrated at times but when you are the educated one you should handle things better. If you want to be treated with respect you should show some back. 

OK, done with my little rant. 

She is a one cranky individual.  Once she forms her opinion the case is done. We think People’s Court is much better, and civilized. 

When we watch we also have our own “court”, called first impression court.  We are occasionally wrong. LOL

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

In the beginning.... there were noodles ---

image.thumb.jpeg.d3de22abf7e5f79287dbb986c746980b.jpeg

and then they were... ramen 😉

image.thumb.jpeg.112214291eb06b5c8059c506c58f12e9.jpeg

First ramen [excellent] try for DH. So fitting with a very wintry Saturday lunch with the kids and grands.

This looks delicious. 

14 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

does it have a remote control?   I'm not sure I would be able to reach it😁

Yes it has a remote,we leave the remote on the drawer to the right of the stove. Below that drawer is where the 2 trash cans are.

The exhaust fan....also can be controlled by waving your hand both ways below where buttons are on the fan. Wave left to turn down the speed of the fan and wave right to speed up the fan.

20230114_120506.jpg

20230114_120518.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 9

22 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Gorgeous Kitchen.    I see why you would miss it!    

2009 was a much different world than nowadays with contractors and just about anything needed having delays in delivery.    I had contractor estimates and design ideas done end of 2019 and was ready to get it done early 2020 but then we all know what happened.    

I keep hesitating to get started on it due to all the problems I keep hearing from others.    I guess I would have to do it in the spring/summer or early fall so I could cook on the grill as much as possible.   Someday soon!!!

We bought our house in September 2019 and right away found a contractor to do the work in the kitchen and bathroom.  Nothing major just new counters, backsplash etc. in the kitchen, cabinets in the laundry room and a new shower in the master.  It worked out great for us since the supply chain had not been sunk yet.  Remodels were considered essential so the work could continue and I had no place to really go so I was home all day.  The work was done in record time since so many of their clients postponed work and they  could concentrate on us.  

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am playing with my new toy this morning.    I bought myself a new HP laptop with some of my Christmas / year-end bonus from work and it arrived at Bestbuy last night for pickup.

I have been over researching rather I want to build another computer or get a laptop.  I want it most for editing.  I am about 95% sure I will be going laptop and then maybe by a large screen to attach it to. The big change I am almost sold on a MacBook Pro.  I will need to relearn a lot of short cuts. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Gorgeous Kitchen.    I see why you would miss it!    

2009 was a much different world than nowadays with contractors and just about anything needed having delays in delivery.    I had contractor estimates and design ideas done end of 2019 and was ready to get it done early 2020 but then we all know what happened.    

I keep hesitating to get started on it due to all the problems I keep hearing from others.    I guess I would have to do it in the spring/summer or early fall so I could cook on the grill as much as possible.   Someday soon!!!

Yes things definitely are different.  We had to replace our over the range microwave 2 years ago and decided to do the range at the same time, took 3 months to get them in.  I think the key now is order everything way ahead and don't start construction until at least most of it is there.

Starting to look at dishwashers now, last appliance to replace, not looking forward to it.  BTW, any recommendations for dishwashers?  Hearing many of the newer ones are not great loading but work well and are quiet.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The exhaust fan....also can be controlled by waving your hand both ways below where buttons are on the fan. Wave left to turn down the speed of the fan and wave right to speed up the fan.

It sounds like no more dancing in front of the stove while cooking.  👋 😂 

• Haha 7

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Yes it has a remote,we leave the remote on the drawer to the right of the stove. Below that drawer is where the 2 trash cans are.

20230114_120506.jpg

20230114_120518.jpg

that's cool that is also motion sensored😀

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have been over researching rather I want to build another computer or get a laptop.  I want it most for editing.  I am about 95% sure I will be going laptop and then maybe by a large screen to attach it to. The big change I am almost sold on a MacBook Pro.  I will need to relearn a lot of short cuts. 

I love my MacBook Pro but then again I have been an Apple guy from the very beginning. As far as shortcuts I'm not sure to which ones you are referring to but if it's for video editing it's basically the same as a Windows based machine except instead of using the Control key you use command. If you have any other questions, please ask. I know there are a lot of Mac haters out there but I assure you, you will love the MacBook.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

20230114_120506.jpg

20230114_120518.jpg

Jim, what brand is it?  We have one similar but with the old style turn/click buttons. We will be in the market for a replacement in the future. 

34 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

This looks delicious. 

It really was. The "kids" were of course skeptical, they don't like to be their dad "guinea pigs", and inquired if there was an "alternative" to the suspicious looking ramen. He said: "Nope, that's it for today"...

And it was amazing. Of course, he has always individual interpretations to everything he cooks, this time he added shiitake mushrooms (grilled after spending time in a soya cum honey "concoction").

We both like ramen. Even when in Barcelona, last summer, we went for ramen ... twice 😉

12 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Dani send DH over to New York, I love homemade pasta!  My aunt used to make it all the time but I never tried it.  Sorry now.

He says he never thought it's so easy, and making a huge difference in taste...

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

He says he never thought it's so easy, and making a huge difference in taste...

I need to make homemade pasta. When I have had it I could really taste a difference too. Oh so good.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I've always built my own desktops.  Two computers ago, I decided that I'd rather have the portability of a laptop, but I almost never used it anywhere but on my desk.  I use an iPad when I want portability and something bigger than my phone.  So for my current computer, I'm back to a home built desktop.  Much more power (CPU, GPU, RAM, SSD storage) for the same price.  I built it to be silent and you wouldn't even know it's running.  But the best thing I did this time was go with a 34" ultrawide monitor at 3440x1440.  I'm not much of a gamer (occasional Flight Simulator) but the added width of the screen is great for photo and video editing.  You can have a variety of editing panels open and still have a lot of room for the main section with the picture/video.  It's also nice to have two apps in different windows side by side on one screen.

Edited by bobmacliberty
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

So for my current computer, I'm back to a home built desktop.  Much more power (CPU, GPU, RAM, SSD storage) for the same price. 

That's the one disadvantage to Mac's you can't build from scratch. I wish you could. You are right you can build a PC much easier and cheaper and have a really good workhorse.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

As far as shortcuts I'm not sure to which ones you are referring

Photoshop shortcuts. Windows and apple are totally different.  Even if I go Windows I will have a lot to catch up on.  It has been too many years since using Photoshop.  Photoshop is a lot of fun for me and now that I have been talking to Caden about it he is looking forward to learning. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Photoshop shortcuts. Windows and apple are totally different.  Even if I go Windows I will have a lot to catch up on.  It has been too many years since using Photoshop.  Photoshop is a lot of fun for me and now that I have been talking to Caden about it he is looking forward to learning. 

This helped me since I had to work on Windows at work and a Mac at home.

https://blog.breathingcolor.com/photoshop-keyboard-shortcuts/

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've always built my own desktops.  Two computers ago, I decided that I'd rather have the portability of a laptop, but I almost never used it anywhere but on my desk.  I use an iPad when I want portability and something bigger than my phone.  So for my current computer, I'm back to a home built desktop.  Much more power (CPU, GPU, RAM, SSD storage) for the same price.  I built it to be silent and you wouldn't even know it's running.  But the best thing I did this time was go with a 34" ultrawide monitor at 3440x1440.  I'm not much of a gamer (occasional Flight Simulator) but the added width of the screen is great for photo and video editing.  You can have a variety of editing panels open and still have a lot of room for the main section with the picture/video.  It's also nice to have two apps in different windows side by side on one screen.

You know posting this has me tapping the brake slightly.  What type of laptop did you get.  The Windows ones I looked at had noise or heat problems.

When did you do your last build? What CPU and GPU did you use?  If I remember correctly you do Photoshop.  How much ram do you use.  Do you edit video?   If I build should I upgrade my Windows 7¿ 😂 

I also was looking at the Mac Studio but the cost adds up.  

It sounds like a MacBook Pro lasts long too but I used my last computer several years before Photoshop wouldn't work on it anymore. 

14 minutes ago, dbancroft said:

We fly to Miami tomorrow morning and sail on the Disney Dream Monday for 10 days. 2 5 day cruises back to back.

Sounds like fun!  We did a Disney Dream cruise when it first came out and had a great time.  Happy cruise! 

3 hours ago, akcruz said:

We redid our kitchen back in 2009, they started right after labor day and we were back in before Thanksgiving.  We doubled the size so it even included an addition.  We were very happy with our contractor and the end product so it is possible just ask lots of questions before picking a contractor.  We cooked in a toaster oven, microwave and grill during construction, not fun but doable.  I so miss that kitchen, ours here in SC is much smaller and not as functional, still tweaking it.

A few pics from my redone NJ kitchen.  The original kitchen stopped about at the cook top.

Screenshot_20221123_095653_Zillow.thumb.jpg.32fe4d9ad293165bceb0d705ab01b78a.jpg

Screenshot_20221123_095914_Zillow.thumb.jpg.faeb7274386264738f811402be428251.jpg

Your former kitchen has a similar layout to what my son is wanting to do.  I like the L-shaped island.  I downloaded your pictures and sent them to my son.  Hope you don't mind.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I love my MacBook Pro but then again I have been an Apple guy from the very beginning. As far as shortcuts I'm not sure to which ones you are referring to but if it's for video editing it's basically the same as a Windows based machine except instead of using the Control key you use command. If you have any other questions, please ask. I know there are a lot of Mac haters out there but I assure you, you will love the MacBook.

I switch from Windows and Android devices to all Apple in 2016 and I'll never go back.  I was a diehard Windows guy all the way back to the beginning and swore it was the best and I'd never change.  A friend convinced to get an iPhone in 2016 and with in a a few months I had upgraded to a MacBook Pro and an iPad as well. Once you go apple you rarely go back.

• Like 1