Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Well, may be the "sting" of 50$ for parking will be easier when split in 3 😉

DH found driving in all the 4 islands we visited during our cruise very easy and enjoyable, and for me, a huge surprise to find clean restrooms in the "middle of nowhere".

@Arzeena  When my cousin and her DH were asleep in the back seats [including the travel pillows...], he joked that all he's missing is a formal driver cap ☹️

I hope they tipped the driver and his assistant very well!😁

• Haha 1

On 1/30/2023 at 7:55 PM, aussielozzie18 said:

In Sydney, rocket is ubiquitous in cafes.  Have a look at the pizza menu…C5B69FC3-C91F-4D65-9BCF-E984FF65C38C.thumb.jpeg.5d93990832f4e28ae5d44cdd6b1314db.jpeg

Thanks, I don’t remember seeing it on menus or maybe I just ignored it? 

On 1/31/2023 at 10:50 AM, Ocean Boy said:

I just came down to my cabin to get something and a guy a few cabins down is telling the steward, who we share, that he spilled coffee on his bed. I felt like saying why didn't you get your sorry a$$ out of bed to drink your coffee. That is not the kind of extra work a steward needs. 🙄

I hope it was just coffee. 🤔

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Anyone else just get an alert on their Royal app that they need to complete muster in the next 30 minutes?  Am I supposed to be on a ship right now???  😏

I did. My cruise is not till March

And there are so many threads started on the main board about this. 😁

Edited by Arzeena

On 1/31/2023 at 6:08 PM, dani negreanu said:

@Jimbo

+ 3, I especially like the backsplash and the sink. Jim, I assume there is still some painting to do? 

Not sure what number I would be, but I agree it’s beautiful.

On 1/31/2023 at 6:09 PM, Keksie said:

Another project off the needles and blocked.  So far I have finished 3 items this year.  

protea.thumb.jpeg.9188bc429d0cede5d6debb1d85f8b3cf.jpeg

Very nice. Looks like a lot of work.

On 1/31/2023 at 6:14 PM, Tree_skier said:

I have a shirt my daughter bought me for Christmas that says… “I beat anorexia”. I was going to bring it on the cruise as a joke but then was concerned I might offend someone with an actual eating disorder. That isn’t my intent. I offend enough with all my “We the people…” 2nd amendment stuff. 

The problem is you can’t please everyone. I say wear it when you want.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Dani.

The surgeon did tell her it could get better on its own in time.

She has been to a top class chiropractor several times in the past and has another appointment in just over a week.

The surgeon was happy for her to see the chiropractor.

So sorry the injections didn't help Sarah.  Here's hoping she'll be able to get some relief soon.

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Anyone else just get an alert on their Royal app that they need to complete muster in the next 30 minutes?  Am I supposed to be on a ship right now???  😏

I did as well.  

The last time we took a cruise was the spring of 2019.  We are about to book the Grandeur out of Tampa for June.  I have a couple of questions for the people have cruised recently.

How is muster handled now?  Do we each have to have an app on our phones and carry them with us or can we do it on one phone?

I like to keep my phone turned off and in the safe the entire cruise. While my husband usually carries his most of the time.  We give the house sitter, my son etc. his number for emergencies.  I know that he will need to make phone calls to a friend of his who is ill, we will want to check email and a few websites while on the cruise not necessarily at the same time.  In the past we have had a voom for 1 device for the internet and took turns being online.  Will that plan still work?  Can he use wi-fi calling with the voom to call his friend?

We have AT&T if it matters.

• Like 1

@firefly333 Sorry to hear about your mom.

21 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The Tom Cruise Scientology Mystery Boat.... 

20230201_174023.thumb.jpg.f8919e80a153b3ddfefd7180ebd53459.jpg

20230201_174304.thumb.jpg.3b5c44911a07884e9914e2b96111cb43.jpg

It seems like it never moves and is always there.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline is well thanks.

Our Sarah had her spinal injections which were extremely painful but she said yesterday they haven't helped as much as she hoped.

Sorry to hear the shots were painful for Sarah and not helping very much. 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline is well thanks.

Our Sarah had her spinal injections which were extremely painful but she said yesterday they haven't helped as much as she hoped.

Breakfast this morning.

IMG_20230202_075428.jpg

That looks very similar to my breakfast this morning but n Navigator. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, George C said:

Rccl is a little to family friendly, bars and barstools should be for adults, I have seen that more than a few times . Very happy that my next cruise is a music charter and adults only. 

They were on Navigator this week. A couple sat there toddler at the bar in the bamboo room and the bar tender stopped them and told them that was against the rules. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I also did.

1 hour ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Yes!  I thought it was a very cruel joke 

Cruel joke indeed.

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

They were on Navigator this week. A couple sat there toddler at the bar in the bamboo room and the bar tender stopped them and told them that was against the rules. 

Wished more bartenders would do that.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Keksie said:

The last time we took a cruise was the spring of 2019.  We are about to book the Grandeur out of Tampa for June.  I have a couple of questions for the people have cruised recently.

How is muster handled now?  Do we each have to have an app on our phones and carry them with us or can we do it on one phone?

I like to keep my phone turned off and in the safe the entire cruise. While my husband usually carries his most of the time.  We give the house sitter, my son etc. his number for emergencies.  I know that he will need to make phone calls to a friend of his who is ill, we will want to check email and a few websites while on the cruise not necessarily at the same time.  In the past we have had a voom for 1 device for the internet and took turns being online.  Will that plan still work?  Can he use wi-fi calling with the voom to call his friend?

I’m on Navigator now and  the voom surf and  stream is working amazing ridiculously good speeds. Face time and wife calling work perfectly. 

with the new surf and stream with starlinj surf seems to have disappeared. 

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think it was very inappropriate. Bars are adult venues. Sorry if you have no one to watch your kids. Not my problem. 

I agree, there are plenty of venues where the parents can get a drink without having to sit them at the bar with coloring books but I guess the kiddos are in training 😇

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

27 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I’m not tech savvy so I can’t offer anything like others on here . I used AT&T cruise deal .  Talk , text and data for 30 days at $50 .  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I believe there was less than 20 children on my recent celebrity beyond cruise, but they did have two dogs who were kept in a baby stroller . 

• Like 2