Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 minutes ago, Keksie said:

What about texts?  

Yes, text works fine.  This was the first time we both put our phones in wifi mode.  Prior cruises, I didn't think of using wifi calling and texting would not work with my android. Sharon was able to text with her iPhone.  This time we were able to text each other.  One time I called her to find her.  Nice.  Will use it again on future cruises. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Yes, text works fine.  This was the first time we both put our phones in wifi mode.  Prior cruises, I didn't think of using wifi calling and texting would not work with my android. Sharon was able to text with her iPhone.  This time we were able to text each other.  One time I called her to find her.  Nice.  Will use it again on future cruises. 

Can you please explain wifi calling?  I think Brillo posted something on your Live thread,  but I need it explained step by step.  I'm assuming I have to buy an internet package to text beyond the ship?  I know ship texting is free.  That's about the only thing I know.  Both Jack and I have android phones.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Always nice to have wonderful memories like that 🥰

Glad to hear they survived covid.  I have to check out the timing for our next cruise to Aruba and see if we can fit in another sunset dinner.  

If I recall correctly. they were offering sunset dinners at the top of the lighthouse.  While it sounds nice, I'm not sure how enjoyable it would be. Between the high winds, tight space & the long walk from the restaurant to the top of the lighthouse, how hot could the food stay?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to hear that.  I hope they get the help they need and will be OK.  I have heard that Aruba has a good medical system/hospitals.

Having the pleasure of visiting the Aruba hospital twice for minor stuff - ear infection & lower back strain - I can attest they are very modern with most of the staff having be trained in The Netherlands. The only weird thing was I had to a pay upfront before being seen by anyone. Sort of like a cover charge at a club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Can you please explain wifi calling?  I think Brillo posted something on your Live thread,  but I need it explained step by step.  I'm assuming I have to buy an internet package to text beyond the ship?  I know ship texting is free.  That's about the only thing I know.  Both Jack and I have android phones.

Set up WiFi calling now, if you haven't already.

To figure out how to do it, just google the type of phone you have with who your carrier is and wifi callling (android verizon wifi calling  ~or~ iphone at&t wifi calling).  You'll find instructions for how to set it up on your phone.

Then enable it on your phone, you'll have to enter your street address for routing 911 calls, and you'll be good to go.  

To test it, go into Airplane Mode on your phone, then turn on your WiFi and connect to your home network.  Then call someone, and ask them to call you.  The call is routed through your wifi and your phone rings normally.  Just don't forget to turn off Airplane Mode after you test it!

I never turn off Wifi Calling on my phone.  If I'm at home where my signal is weak, it routes through Wifi if I get a call/text.  If I'm out and about, it routes through a Cell Tower.  You don't have to do anything different just because you're using Wifi Calling -- the phone works normally. 

When you're on the ship, Airplane Mode on, then Wifi On and connect to the ship's wifi/Voom.  You're ready to go.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Was at the ferry wharf this morning.  This gorgeous cat was sitting at it’s owners feet nearby  enjoying the sunshine, fresh air and the view.  When the owner wanted to leave, this  ball of fluff was understandably resistant to get moving, so the owner finally picked the fluff ball up, walked a few steps where a pink pram was waiting and started  pushing kitty home. Nice life.A19DD8BF-2B03-4CFE-8133-8C04B0C7A521.thumb.jpeg.35c6a65285346fdf7babb9b43975523c.jpeg

• Like 17

3 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Debbi explained it well.

You will need the internet package.  To text beyond the ship with an Android phone you will need to use WiFi calling.  Right now your calls or text travel over your cellular service.  When you use wifi calling you turn off your cellular service and your calls and text travel over the internet. 

Putting your phone in Airplane mode turns off your cellular service and wifi.  Turn back on your wifi then turn on wifi calling.  To do all of this go to your settings and then to connections. 

image.thumb.png.69a27c3b7ec9e2df00462d46bcbd6ac5.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mark @h20skibum And Debbie @Sunshine3601, have you ever been over to the Groundhog Day actual event? It looks like it would be something fun to do, once. And I love nutria, groundhogs and marmots. We have yellow bellied marmots here, at high elevations. 

Poor Quebec. Fred died, and no one is quite sure what that means as far as predictions go. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/fred-la-marmotte-dies-1.6734368

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2

I posted my Tale of Woe over on the LIVE thread, but thought I'd post these Maya Chan pics here. 

Stella stopped by to take a bath in my casita today:

IMG_20230202_113854230_HDR.thumb.jpg.fd054106eef9b3eec5761cac5f4f76f6.jpg

And then she gave me a judgy look when she realized I took a picture of her private moment:

IMG_20230202_113900551_HDR.thumb.jpg.1674e3bc215f89570570c014a0488eec.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

On 2/1/2023 at 2:20 PM, Jimbo said:

The Door straight go downstairs to the In-Law Suite where we have been doing all our Cooking and having dinners while the reno was going on. Downstairs is completely finished.

Not sure maybe @Sea Dog can make out the picture(poster) on the wall it is Johnny Depp, Pirates of the Caribbean  🙂

20230201_141735.jpg

This door  to the left goes to the garage, the garage is directly behind where the stove is now. It's a 2 car garage with my Wife's car and My Golf Cart. My truck is out in the driveway.

20230201_141748.jpg

This used to be a coat closet, but we are going to use it for additional storage plus we had electric sockets installed in the back wall of the closet where we plan to make Coffee and Brew Ice Tea in there. So those 2 items will not be on any of the counters.

The Painters are coming here Friday to paint that closet and do touchups at various spots around the rest of the room.

After the painters are done , our contractor will install more wire shelving in there for us. The wire shelving is from the original Pantry we had in the old kitchen that was about where the present fridge is at now.

The metal box in the bottom right  corner is the back of the return air box, has a grill facing into the kitchen under the microwave.

20230201_141825.jpg

Had a chance this morning to bring up all the pantry items we had downstairs in my work shop on rolling carts. Nice to have my workshop back again without being such a mess.

20230201_141853.jpg

Kudus to y’all for really thinking this whole project out to give you everything you need now and in the future. 
The kitchen is a cook’s dream, and I love the roll out shelves in the pantry!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline is well thanks.

Our Sarah had her spinal injections which were extremely painful but she said yesterday they haven't helped as much as she hoped.

Breakfast this morning.

IMG_20230202_075428.jpg

I am so sorry Sarah’s very painful injections haven’t helped like she had hoped. Maybe over time they will. 
many daughter had spinal injections that she said were horribly painful. 
It wasn’t till a few weeks later that her back did improve. Somewhat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1