Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Sue. Two days without tremors on the good side. A terrorist attack in Jerusalem with 2 dead -- on the bad side...

And a very special rainbow to cheer us some. Best wishes to those with health issues.

Taken from our balcony this morning --

image.thumb.jpeg.f1e3a6aa1ba062ac67ef7669a61d430b.jpeg

Sorry to hear about the terrorist attack.  Glad to hear that the tremors have subsided.  Such a vivid colored rainbow.  Pretty!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Big weekend for us at the Sea Dog household with the Super Bowl and that the Kansas City Chiefs. I know there are haters out there. It was funny that this memory showed up in my other social media feed of an hype video open I created during Super Bowl week when I had to produce and edit a lot of content for our specials. While I do not miss all the work I did to create these it's fun to look back and see them again. Outside of a few personal changes and the opposing team it holds up pretty well. Here was my hype video from two years ago. I hope the team plays well on Sunday. I'm not picking a winner in this one. Just glad to be there.

• Like 12

56 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re babysitting our two granddaughters starting tonight until next Thursday. 

I spent all morning getting the last of our vacation stuff put away.  Actually instead of putting it all away, I just laundered everything and put it back into the suitcases for next month!  I’ll need to reorganize a bit but it’s all out of the way.  

Enjoy your week with your little loves, Deb!

I spent this morning organizing and began ironing for our Bella cruise.  It'll be here before we know it!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Then I went grocery shopping and egads!   Stocking up on all their snacks, yogurt, juice, lots of fresh fruit, etc. cost a small fortune.

Tell me about it.   We really notice when we are buying food to keep grandkids fed.  Plus, the boys have developed expensive, adult tastes, and they can eat twice as much as I can.  Well, growing boys need fuel. 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Do we need to reserve there if we intend to eat breakfast or is it just seating as available.  Also what about lunch in CK?  Does that work the same?

You don't need to reserve for breakfast or lunch, just dinner.  If you want to take water or soda back to your room or if you are getting off at a port this is a good time to get it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It was our first visit to Cozumel,Roatan and Costa Maya.

We had been to Coco cay before all the new development.

We prefer to wander around the shops and are not interested in ancient ruins.

My wife loves shopping in Cozumel, we have seen our share of ruins. Love UDP we will definitely get that on all future rccl cruises.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Dave, we're boarding on the 5th also!🛳️

Bummer with this darned Covid.  Jim hadn't been feeling well, but didn't test Positive.  Feel better!

Thanks, It'll be great to meet on board.  I don't normally test just because of a little minor cold symptom but I was supposed to be in the presence of a number of very immunocompromised people tonight and tomorrow so felt it was prudent.  I'm feeling better already, thanks.  I hope Jim gets better too.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You don't need to reserve for breakfast or lunch, just dinner.  If you want to take water or soda back to your room or if you are getting off at a port this is a good time to get it. 

What time window can you get water and soda for free?

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

It's been awhile.  I just remembered that we were able to get water bottles when leaving from breakfast on days at Port.  I also remember going up at night.  I am thinking 10 or 11pm.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I believe @Momof3gurlz was 1 island over from you on another ship at Great Stiruup Cay last week and took this picture of you..... So close but yet so far...............

36140DFA-E199-4A62-9A3E-AB1BF8BBC439.thumb.jpeg.385df0ba1d234b1f6aacf2f9a878b1e9.jpeg

I thought that when Debbie posted the photo last week.

There was 2 ships at Great stirrup Cay tendering to the island.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Thank you, Sue. Two days without tremors on the good side. A terrorist attack in Jerusalem with 2 dead -- on the bad side...

And a very special rainbow to cheer us some. Best wishes to those with health issues.

Taken from our balcony this morning --

image.thumb.jpeg.f1e3a6aa1ba062ac67ef7669a61d430b.jpeg

@dani negreanu

So glad you are safe and there have been no more tremors!! 🙏🏼 Hope it stays that way!! 

So sorry to hear about the terror attacks though. 😞 

The colors of that rainbow are so vibrant!  You realllly needed that happy sign!! Yay!! 🤩

(I apologize for taking so long to reply to your post, but we left to take a ride over to Newport right after I posted my message to you. I'll upload some photos later and post them.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Big weekend for us at the Sea Dog household with the Super Bowl and that the Kansas City Chiefs. I know there are haters out there. It was funny that this memory showed up in my other social media feed of an hype video open I created during Super Bowl week when I had to produce and edit a lot of content for our specials. While I do not miss all the work I did to create these it's fun to look back and see them again. Outside of a few personal changes and the opposing team it holds up pretty well. Here was my hype video from two years ago. I hope the team plays well on Sunday. I'm not picking a winner in this one. Just glad to be there.

Love the video Greg.  I’m not a Chiefs hater, I just don’t really care for Mahomes. There’s no denying his talent, but there’s just something about him that bothers me, and don’t even get me started on his wife & brother!  
I’ll be rooting for the Phillies mostly because my oldest & her family are.  
Good luck!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Please keep Charlie, my Charlie not Greg’s!, in your thoughts.  He is going for an MRI to check on the status of his liver.  He has been having stomach issues for awhile now but the cancer doctor does not think it is the cancer.  She ordered the MRI to make sure of the status quo🙏

Thanks all for always being there.

Sending extra special prayers and hugs to you and Charlie.🙏

With all the meds these guys have to take with being transplant recipients let's hope that is all it is.    Eric is always dealing with stomach issues.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re babysitting our two granddaughters starting tonight until next Thursday. Middle DD Jessica has a work conference in Orlando Monday, Tuesday & 1/2 day Wednesday.  Since her husband works from home, he’s flying down with her and will work from Orlando.  Then they decided to add on this weekend, so they fly down early tomorrow morning & return Thursday morning.  I spent all morning getting the last of our vacation stuff put away.  Actually instead of putting it all away, I just laundered everything and put it back into the suitcases for next month!  I’ll need to reorganize a bit but it’s all out of the way.  Then I went grocery shopping and egads!   Stocking up on all their snacks, yogurt, juice, lots of fresh fruit, etc. cost a small fortune.  Then a stop at Target for a couple of new books and a stop at the Dollar Store (now the $1.25 store) for coloring books, stickers, etc.  

The weather is crazy, it was 63 degrees here.  No complaints from me.  

Hello from Orlando!

You should have come with them instead and babysat them here! 😁

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

Would you be so kind as to share your treatment process.  My DH just tested positive today for the first time and I had to cancel a trip to NC as I would feel horrible if I ended up getting anyone ill (feel fine as of now).  Thanks!

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Love the video Greg.  I’m not a Chiefs hater, I just don’t really care for Mahomes. There’s no denying his talent, but there’s just something about him that bothers me, and don’t even get me started on his wife & brother!  
I’ll be rooting for the Phillies mostly because my oldest & her family are.  
Good luck!

Actually he really is a great guy. I’ve shot many interviews with him and he is always friendly and polite. I do agree with your assessment of his wife and brother. They can be very obnoxious and need to shut their mouths on social media.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

Prayers for Charlie @DaniDanielle.  There's nothing scarier than waiting for someone to tell you everything is fine.

On a less serious note, I just tested positive for Covid again. 😡😡😡

I really don't have time for sitting at home for 5 days.  I've got a lot to wrap up over the next month before a significant change professionally.  My symptoms are a cough and a little sinus congestion but that is all. I've started my Covid recovery treatment.  Symptoms developed Wednesday, hopefully I'm good to go by Sunday.

Hope you have a speedy recovery and good to go by Sunday😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Getting ready to board Harmony Sunday for a B3B.  Been a busy week , getting a new suitcase and clothes. And I hate shopping. I did get a 4 pack of Air Tags.  Hopefully it will help keeping track of our luggage.  I tried Amazon, but they couldn't deliver in time, so I picked them up at the Apple store, not much difference in price, and they have them.

We did file a report for the lost luggage, but I had an email yesterday that they have had no luck so far. They said they will look for 30 days, and if they don't show up, I will file an insurance claim.  We have an annual travel policy.

I have used Sears a lot in the past for clothes, and our local store is still open, but when I went to the men clothing department, all I saw were mostly empty racks and tables. Really sad, so I ended up at Macys.

One thing that I am really mad at myself about is tossing my little hand held GPS in my suitcase, which have never done before.  I had been looking for a new one, but the ones I have looked at have a satellite  phone, which I really don't want. The biggest loss is all of the waypoints I have stored with all of ports I have been to, maybe going back close to 10 years.

It definitely sounds like someone grabbed your bag by mistake but I would have thought they would have reached out to you by now.       I thought all Sears stores closed down a couple years ago.   All of them in my area did.    Sorry for the items you have lost and are having trouble replacing.    But having new items is always nice too!

Hope you have a Wonderful cruise - Mr and Mrs Pinnacle😃

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4