Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

And just like that, that $100 my grandson got, was spent on sports memorabilia.  

When he was over to our house, he asked if I had any from when I was growing up.  I said no, all my baseball cards ended up in bicycle spokes, then were thrown away. (Oh, what some of those are worth now!)

So I told him, all I have is a 1960 Pirate’s World Series pennant with a team photo.  Both his, and my SIL’s eyes lit up when I gave it to them.  It is now hanging in their man cave. 

C111D9FB-5B5F-430E-AAD5-BFCE48DF8778.thumb.jpeg.47331e440cad9d24a21b28cd45fe41cb.jpeg

And yes, that is Roberto Clemente in the bottom right. 

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did anyone else see the story about a passenger attacking a magician onboard quantum.   He was upset when the magician did a fake kiss to get a card out of the mouth of a woman, presumably his wife or partner.   

Poor magician.

Yes I saw it on Tony's video two nights ago. I didn't see what ship.😂Yes poor magician.

20 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

And this is what Jade thinks about everyone leaving on a cruise today...

20230312_151422.thumb.jpg.d7572a4b721a8721a9ac4f7e991fb3d2.jpg

20230312_121118.thumb.jpg.982e23018670452100ad3e09d67179ce.jpg

18 hours ago, helen haywood said:

This is what Diana thinks about people who have just come home from a cruise!

E7A8388D-2738-4163-87D9-892B7699EE5E.jpeg

Cats are pretty good with their  "I'm Not Impressed" look.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Tonight 8:00 ABC is the Oscars. I entered a contest to pick Best Picture,Director,Actress and Actor.There can be multiple winners.

The prize is 10 tickets to a NY movie theater that can be used anytime in 2023.I have entered every year since 2003 and won once.

I am one of the winners of ten tickets .

• Like 12

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

And just like that, that $100 my grandson got, was spent on sports memorabilia.  

When he was over to our house, he asked if I had any from when I was growing up.  I said no, all my baseball cards ended up in bicycle spokes, then were thrown away. (Oh, what some of those are worth now!)

So I told him, all I have is a 1960 Pirate’s World Series pennant with a team photo.  Both his, and my SIL’s eyes lit up when I gave it to them.  It is now hanging in their man cave. 

C111D9FB-5B5F-430E-AAD5-BFCE48DF8778.thumb.jpeg.47331e440cad9d24a21b28cd45fe41cb.jpeg

And yes, that is Roberto Clemente in the bottom right. 

I have a 1953 Brooklyn Dodgers pennant.

• Like 3

Speaking of winning things, it appears that my niece won the “Hunt Like A Girl Plus One” contest. (I know that probably sounds politically incorrect in more than one way).  

Anyhow, the contest was sponsored by NSSF and Beretta, and the winner gets a four day, all expense paid trip to Kansas, and it includes safety training and hunting.  The “plus one” means they can take another woman with them to introduce them to, or make them more confident in hunting. She will be taking the custodian from her school, who retired this year. 

There was a 10 day, online voting period that ended last Friday, and you could vote once per day.  She managed to get almost 4 times the votes as the nearest competitor.  It probably helped that her hometown newspaper had a front page story, with a voting link. 

She won one of their past contests, and they get a lot of nice gear to bring home with them.  

• Like 14

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

Speaking of winning things, it appears that my niece won the “Hunt Like A Girl Plus One” contest. (I know that probably sounds politically incorrect in more than one way).  

Anyhow, the contest was sponsored by NSSF and Beretta, and the winner gets a four day, all expense paid trip to Kansas, and it includes safety training and hunting.  The “plus one” means they can take another woman with them to introduce them to, or make them more confident in hunting. She will be taking the custodian from her school, who retired this year. 

There was a 10 day, online voting period that ended last Friday, and you could vote once per day.  She managed to get almost 4 times the votes as the nearest competitor.  It probably helped that her hometown newspaper had a front page story, with a voting link. 

She won one of their past contests, and they get a lot of nice gear to bring home with them.  

Congratulations to your niece

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maggieq said:

Have they been to Nashville?

No, I didn't even know he liked country music. His friend does and the opportunity for free seats came up. He loved it, they had a great time

• Like 3

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I know about the south and snow.  I took my family along to a conference in Mobile, Alabama one year, thinking we could get away from the winter.  As it turns out, it snowed while we were there, and everyone was in a full blown panic.  They closed everything for a little dusting. 

In the South, forcast snow is coming and the bread sells out at the store! 

I used to audit school districts.   One time at a rural school the superintendent called off school before it started snowing after another superintendent called him and told him how much it was snowing at his district miles away.  😳 

I thought that was crazy but several hours later I looked out the window and I was snowed in.  😆 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

The East Coast of the US is expected to be getting a Noreaster tomorrow.

Parts of NY may get as much as 18” of snow.

My part of NY will get either 2-4" or 8-11", depending on where the infamous "rain/snow line" sets up. Living about an hour inland & higher elevations, that line is almost always to the south of me (more snow) but once in while it's north of me (more rain).  And since I live in that portion that's variable forecasters are always divided.

On weather maps where they show the regions that are getting 2-4", 4-8" and 8"+ and so on? It seems like the line dividing those regions runs right thru my house. 😄

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

My part of NY will get either 2-4" or 8-11", depending on where the infamous "rain/snow line" sets up. Living about an hour inland & higher elevations, that line is almost always to the south of me (more snow) but once in while it's north of me (more rain).  And since I live in that portion that's variable forecasters are always divided.

On weather maps where they show the regions that are getting 2-4", 4-8" and 8"+ and so on? It seems like the line dividing those regions runs right thru my house. 😄

My daughter who has a residence in Delaware County just called me and said that her area expects about a foot of snow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Congratulations to your niece, and what a great idea to bring her school's retired custodian!  I'm all for anything that promotes girls doing things that are traditionally male focused.  There is still too much of a stigma, particularly between girls, of girls doing "boy things".  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

In the South, forcast snow is coming and the bread sells out at the store! 

I used to audit school districts.   One time at a rural school the superintendent called off school before it started snowing after another superintendent called him and told him how much it was snowing at his district miles away.  😳 

I thought that was crazy but several hours later I looked out the window and I was snowed in.  😆 

I worked for a company that never closed because it was snowing.They expected all the employees to find a way to get to work .I actually did not have any problems getting to work but getting home was unreal.Many nights I left my office at 4:30 and did not get home till after midnight.

• Like 1

Sailing in 3 days on our rock and romance music charter on summit out of Miami, we are required to take a Covid test which we did this morning and we are both fine. Flying to Miami Wednesday staying at the doubletree with view of the pier. 
Visiting my brother in Fy Myer for a couple of days after cruise, he has a theater there and we will see one of his plays.

Bad news is when we get back we are having our kitchen updated new tile , appliances, counter tops , so I will be in a construction zone for about a month . Currently planning a trip Memorial Day to New York City then on to Buffalo, we haven’t booked that yet . 

• Like 6