Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

25 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I try to live in the present and follow "The past is gone, the future is not here, now I am free of both."
Sharing here in case it helps somebody.

It is very liberating. I used to worry about the past and future all the time!

Good thinking @Arzeena

Screenshot_20221126_100346.jpg

• Like 8

16 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Is it just me?

Noticed this pic yesterday of Kenzie taken just last Summer. 

2022_152108.thumb.jpg.65bd7ca71b14bbee0067c9ab6fb3980e.jpg

And this is from yesterday.   She looks to me like she is growing up so fast.  I love how her hair grows longer on the sides than the front. 

1_104725.thumb.jpg.58b9f6ec24b5e5e46d1a5b8af881d0d8.jpg

Kenzie came over today and as always headed straight to see how Finnley was doing. 

2finnley_130546.thumb.jpg.a0f811ee35d54c60c59e7a48722df951.jpg

3_133657.thumb.jpg.25bad0f2e4293d15e2997f83b07dc837.jpg

Then she wanted me to play with a balloon.   She would run up and throw it at me. 

4b_134034.thumb.jpg.50fc5682d0efbeaf7ebb850f7b0b94b1.jpg

4b_134028.thumb.jpg.805b314f305319bbcc7494de72336d0f.jpg

It's always fun to have Grandkids over!

So lucky to have them!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Ahh John, sorry to hear you are having to go through all of this.   Praying and hoping the test results have a favorable outcome for you.  

I'm sure this is all very scary.   Stay positive.   And Thank you for sharing.  We are all here for you.❤

Please keep us posted

For me, it really hasn't been scary.  The 1st thing that comes to mind is Psalms 23:4.  
Sofar most is positive for me!  What is really hurting my heart is seeing the hurt my loving family is going through. But each hour they are getting better. 2 steps forward, 1 back. It's hard 😪 for me just to share their heart ache.  So please remember them too in prayers.  
There is a huge positive to this.  I have always been thankful for being blessed with such a loving family.   My daughters, SILs, Grandkids and Sharon are the best. This experience is STRONGLY affirming that love we have for each other.  Also the love from extended family and friends!  I never dreamed that one day prayers would be offered for me from around the world!  It surely warms the heart.
Thanks for all that has expressed their concern for this experience.   It is truly appreciated.   And I know there are others, who like I am at times, find it hard to share their thoughts in moments like this.  
Now let us all have a great day!  

• Like 20
  • Thanks 8

It was Aubrey's 7th birthday today.   For her birthday 🎂 she wanted a spa treatment with cucumbers 🥒  So Sharon went to work.  

1ka_105929.thumb.jpg.202e668adba574df86e4af568cb3c43e.jpg

One foot soaking tub was not enough for Kenzie...

2ka_105950.thumb.jpg.bf9564cb34f41042be5e073180b91ffa.jpg

Later Kenzie's mom joined in.

1ma_111136.thumb.jpg.d03d805cbb321f8e960c8972b6f655cf.jpg

2ma_111158.thumb.jpg.0ab3ebdf3e82bd7327a63b35885688da.jpg

While the girls were all busy Caden and I watched Finnley...... Oooops

1f_111650.thumb.jpg.8136f7e2b565082ccfecb64808ac4d45.jpg

At the end Sharon thought to relax.

1_113204.thumb.jpg.1827bafcbcf58ba60df5bf6cd9874f24.jpg

Another fun day. 

• Like 26

Ricky uses one of those motion activated trash cans as he leaps from the floor to the kitchen island.  

Today, while the lid was off , and the trash was being taken out, he decided to NOT look before you leap.  

42AB0EF0-2545-47D8-96EA-55F42F4E5471.thumb.jpeg.49673d861b6febd1098a4d8b7ae05d94.jpeg

He was not happy where he ended up.  Not sure he could have got out without help. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 16

4 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Joining in prayer as well.

Prayers do work.I had been skeptical for years but in July 2018 I was so sick that my family made me a Celebration of Life Party in lieu of a birthday party..The thought was that my time on earth was close to ending.Then people began praying for me.I currently have people of every religion praying for me on a daily basis.I began praying for others as well.

• Like 10

I started my seeds a couple weeks ago. I thought I labeled them well until today.  The one labeled are peppers 🌶   As I looked at the ones on the left I thought,  those are not peppers!  The true leaves were to rough to be peppers.   I first thought tomatoes 🍅 but for all the ones I have grown I have never seen one like these.  

Plants1_101957.thumb.jpg.8bc16819159c943c90cec9b779ffe92c.jpg

P2_102014.thumb.jpg.d7e53e6d2c5fce04579203738a9384b1.jpg

After talking with Sharon and my flower DD we figured it out, they are Marigold flowers. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Hey sorry for being absent all. I've been wrapped up since getting off Oasis and internet was kind of crummy onboard so I didn't post much.  Also, keeping up with the Belle thread has become near a full-time job it moves so quickly.  

I'm so sorry about your change in circumstances @h20skibum  Many in my family, my wife included, has had to deal with this wretched disease.  I don't want to just issue platitudes but never stop believing for a full recovery.  Hope is your best friend and your greatest comfort.  Don't let your circumstances retard your expectations of the great future that is yet to unfold.  You have our thoughts and prayers.

• Like 13

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My little girl cat, Eva, loves to go out in the snow but only the fluffy kind.    She doesn't care for the wet snow. 

Sparky wants nothing to do with it - he'll do the same thing as Leonard and walk along the clear path closest to the house, put a foot in snow to go further then wants right back in the house 

The latest cat we rescued (yes we have three now) Petey has not yet been outside.   He is still very much a kitten and I am not sure I would trust him outside.   He needs to calm down a little as I can see him running all over the place and I am not chasing a cat in this cold windy day.   We will wait until Spring to bring him out on the patio.   

My next house neighbor has a dog that looks more like a bear.The largest dog I ever saw. They also have two cats.The dog is afraid of the cats .The cats are adorable and not mean but for some reason they have an affect on the dog.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I have hesitated sharing. I wanted final results first but my experience keeps getting longer.
You may remember me mentioning that my balance has been getting bad and my legs have gotten weak.  After our Disney trip I finally agreed to go to the Doctors.  Short version,  Friday I had a Nerve Conduction Study and EMG. He was very thorough,  1hr and 20 minutes.  I am not a doctor so my wording may not be perfect. The results of the EMG showed Motor Neuron damage. Yesterday I had a Neurologist appointment.  Again very thorough,  3 1/2 hours with no breaks or waiting.   Many things tested.  She wants me to have some MRIs to see if she can find a different reason. I wanted to wait until the MRI results but that, as of now, will be mid April. 
Based on the EMG and my symptoms the Neurologist says ALS is probable.   With the MRIs being put off she has asked me to come in to discuss different treatments.
I, like most here, know the care we have for one another so I felt I should share.

Just catching up. I'm so sorry about this @Ozark_Kid.  Thank you for sharing your trial.  That is the beautiful thing about this thread, we are a disparate group of people who bound together in the midst of a worldwide trial (covid).  I have a feeling some of us will all be bound to together, even if it is only virtually, for the rest of our lives.  

We'll be behind you emotionally no matter what comes your way.

Dave

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

@NHProud

Figure best to answer you here about the brick paver floor. 

Oh yeah, can't remember what your thoughts were on the brick pavers, please refresh my memory.

At first it was a bit gritty, but we knew that going in when we picked the flat pavers we selected.

After getting on my hands and knees few times vacuuming using a hose with a brush on the end got up pretty much all the grit. My Wife and I were worried at first tracking it on our hardwood floors.

Not that the hardwood floor much matter now because we decided to have them sanded down and going to put a different stain on all the hardwood now. That project will start end of June.

Back to the brick pavers, so now that all the grit is off the bricks, I purposely waited for that to happen before I put down 2 coats of SB-5000 Stain Blocking Sealer.

Now walking on the pavers with bare feet or with socks on is great. We love the way it turned out. Our friends have seen love the look of it also.

We have some left over bricks, now my Wife is talking about having the Master Bathroom floor done......So not sure where these Brick pavers are taking us. 🙂

Saw a TV show just last night we were watching, one of those  house maker over shows called "Rock the Block"

You guessed it the guy was putting down brick pavers on a kitchen floor and mud room. His team actually won the best kitchen of the 4 houses being done. Go figure, we may have started something.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 8

14 minutes ago, George C said:

Just arrived in Miami staying at our favorite hotel doubletree across from pier where our ship leaves tomorrow, loads of restaurants, bars and stores in lobby

Enjoy your music cruise and your royal suite 🌷 

Pls don't forget to post some pics of the suite for those of us who are at the most balcony dwellers 😉

• Like 8

1 hour ago, George C said:

Just arrived in Miami staying at our favorite hotel doubletree across from pier where our ship leaves tomorrow, loads of restaurants, bars and stores in lobby

image.thumb.jpeg.789e3e33b5d6758fd5dcd2e87a27ffc0.jpeg

Great view.

I hope you have a fantastic cruise.

In February we stayed at the Hyatt Centric South beach Miami.

IMG_20230206_135334.jpg

IMG_20230206_200704.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8

@Ozark_Kid John

I have been wanting to respond to your post about the results of your recent tests.

I was having trouble with writing on  CC on my iPad, but I am using my phone to write this, so I am thinking that a new iPad is in order.So, I apologize for this later response, I don’t mean to bring up your health challenges, but I wanted to express my understanding and support.

Recently, I have gone to a Neurologist as I was diagnosed withSpinal  Stenosis about 20 years ago and I think the issue is becoming worse.

I have had an MRI and lab tests. The EMG has been scheduled as well as a follow up appt with the Dr. which will be in April. I can commiserate about the tests involved in a neurology exam and waiting patiently for test results.

I understand that you will be having MRI(s). Perhaps the early diagnosis is not correct and the images of the MRI tests may give the doctors more information leading to another diagnosis.

I read your recent post where you mentioned Psalms23:4 and your loving  family.

You are blessed with faith and love.

With faith and love comes hope.

I wish you good days with your wife, children and grands. Just looking at Kenzie’s smile and kind little face must give you a boost.

Also know that prayers and good thoughts will follow you on your health journey.

Take care-

MJ 🙋🏻‍♀️

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1