Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Cold day at Cocoa Cay today. 70 degrees windy, rough water. Snorkeling canceled with red flags. I feel sorry for the 700 kids onboard that had booked the water park and those that booked beach club. It was not a good beach day. We stayed onboard. 

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@Ozark_Kid John

I have been wanting to respond to your post about the results of your recent tests.

I was having trouble with writing on  CC on my iPad, but I am using my phone to write this, so I am thinking that a new iPad is in order.So, I apologize for this later response, I don’t mean to bring up your health challenges, but I wanted to express my understanding and support.

Recently, I have gone to a Neurologist as I was diagnosed withSpinal  Stenosis about 20 years ago and I think the issue is becoming worse.

I have had an MRI and lab tests. The EMG has been scheduled as well as a follow up appt with the Dr. which will be in April. I can commiserate about the tests involved in a neurology exam and waiting patiently for test results.

I understand that you will be having MRI(s). Perhaps the early diagnosis is not correct and the images of the MRI tests may give the doctors more information leading to another diagnosis.

I read your recent post where you mentioned Psalms23:4 and your loving  family.

You are blessed with faith and love.

With faith and love comes hope.

I wish you good days with your wife, children and grands. Just looking at Kenzie’s smile and kind little face must give you a boost.

Also know that prayers and good thoughts will follow you on your health journey.

Take care-

MJ 🙋🏻‍♀️

MJ

Thanks for taking the time to comment !  I hope and pray that your April appointment goes well and is helpful for you.

It's great to see your your understanding of faith, hope and love. So true.

Hang in there.  And thanks again for sharing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Okay all you Below Deck fans, the preview for the new season of Below Deck Sailing Yacht is up on the Bravo website.  Captain Glen, Gary, Colin and Daisy are all back for another season.  Here is a link if anyone is interested.

https://www.bravotv.com/below-deck-sailing-yacht/season-4/videos/your-first-look-at-below-deck-sailing-yacht-season-4

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Okay all you Below Deck fans, the preview for the new season of Below Deck Sailing Yacht is up on the Bravo website.  Captain Glen, Gary, Colin and Daisy are all back for another season.  Here is a link if anyone is interested.

https://www.bravotv.com/below-deck-sailing-yacht/season-4/videos/your-first-look-at-below-deck-sailing-yacht-season-4

Looks like Gary hasn’t changed at all. Really getting sick of his antics. Never been a big fan of BDSY but I’ll give it another chance!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I started my seeds a couple weeks ago. I thought I labeled them well until today.  The one labeled are peppers 🌶   As I looked at the ones on the left I thought,  those are not peppers!  The true leaves were to rough to be peppers.   I first thought tomatoes 🍅 but for all the ones I have grown I have never seen one like these.  

Plants1_101957.thumb.jpg.8bc16819159c943c90cec9b779ffe92c.jpg

P2_102014.thumb.jpg.d7e53e6d2c5fce04579203738a9384b1.jpg

After talking with Sharon and my flower DD we figured it out, they are Marigold flowers. 

I plan on starting my seeds when we return home from our March 26th cruise.    Last year I started too early and was too anxious to get everything planted and then had a cold spell where I lost a couple of plants (not many but enough).    

The girls look like they had a fabulous spa day and the boys did a good job without loosing Finnley😁 Babies sure can scoot away pretty fast.

Your earlier post warmed my heart.   God Bless you and your family.    Sending a huge hug for everyone ((((((((( ❤️))))))))))

I had a pleasant surprise today when I looked at my paycheck.   At first I thought I had a bonus when I saw the net amount but after viewing my pay stub I found out my salary had increased.     I called my Boss who is still sailing around the keys and bahamas on his catamaran for a couple more days and thanked him.   He apologized for forgetting to tell me as he wanted to make sure I knew how much he appreciated me and is so happy I made the move to his company last summer.       I am really happy I made the career change too!    Always nice to hear you are appreciated.    

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Looks like Gary hasn’t changed at all. Really getting sick of his antics. Never been a big fan of BDSY but I’ll give it another chance!

I like watching the actually sailing, not too much of a fan of the crews they have had.  Hopefully, this season is better.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coralc said:

Cold day at Cocoa Cay today. 70 degrees windy, rough water. Snorkeling canceled with red flags. I feel sorry for the 700 kids onboard that had booked the water park and those that booked beach club. It was not a good beach day. We stayed onboard. 

My Boss is on his catamaran near one of the islands of the Bahamas today and said it was very windy and rough seas, especially for his size boat.    He was going to dock at a marina for the next day or two as weather forecast says the next couple of days are going to be rough.  

Yes, that is a shame for everyone.   Hopefully you don't have a bunch of over energized kids running around the ship tonight since they didn't get to play at waterpark, etc. today.

• Haha 1

So, more DNA drama... the sibling test was "inconclusive".  

princess-merida-brave.gif.3faff095721fb8e650ec3cebcd33ef2e.gif

The test gave us a 37.1% chance of being half-siblings.  Well, sheesh, we already knew that going into the test -- there are three possible fathers in the brother grouping, so that gives me a 1-in-3 chance that R's father Chuck is my father!!!!

So now I order a paternity test and send it to Bill.  And wait another week or so for the results of that test.  At least the paternity test will give us a definite "yes" or "no" answer about whether Bill is my bio-dad -- none of this probability crap. 

Fortunately, we have the FOB cruise thread to keep us all occupied while we're waiting for the next test result!  

• Like 10

@h20skibum Your post about Ricky’s winding up in the bottom of the trash can reminded me of an experience with a Lab we used to have.  He was used to jumping into the back of my Grand Wagoneer that had a carpeted floor.  I bought a Suburban with a mat over the cargo area.  The first time Jake jumped into the Suburban his feet shot out from under him and his momentum slid him into the back of the back seat.  The astonished look in his eyes was hilarious.  He was a quick learner and adjusted his velocity next time…

• Haha 5

On 3/14/2023 at 9:16 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

I have hesitated sharing. I wanted final results first but my experience keeps getting longer.
You may remember me mentioning that my balance has been getting bad and my legs have gotten weak.  After our Disney trip I finally agreed to go to the Doctors.  Short version,  Friday I had a Nerve Conduction Study and EMG. He was very thorough,  1hr and 20 minutes.  I am not a doctor so my wording may not be perfect. The results of the EMG showed Motor Neuron damage. Yesterday I had a Neurologist appointment.  Again very thorough,  3 1/2 hours with no breaks or waiting.   Many things tested.  She wants me to have some MRIs to see if she can find a different reason. I wanted to wait until the MRI results but that, as of now, will be mid April. 
Based on the EMG and my symptoms the Neurologist says ALS is probable.   With the MRIs being put off she has asked me to come in to discuss different treatments.
I, like most here, know the care we have for one another so I felt I should share.

@Ozark_Kid 

Dear John, I just wanted to let you know that you and your family will be in my thoughts and in my prayers while you are going through these stressful scans and appointments. And whatever the outcome is, I hope and pray that your doctors will be able to find a successful treatment for you.

{{{Hugs}}}

Sue

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

This sounds a lot like Mamma Mia. All we need is some ABBA music. 😇

My sister is taking her family on European cruise in June all 11 , her 16 and 18 year old grandchildren are excited to go to the Abba museum in Sweden. 

• Like 5