Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

18 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It is a good size.  The only thing I miss is a calculator pad on the side.  You have the option of adding a keyboard and mouse.   I am going to see how it goes without them for now.  If and when I start using it at a desk I might get them.  Nice to be able to sit on the couch and use it.  I will see if I enjoy it while in the car today.

You can use a Apple Magic Wireless Keyboard with your MacBook. It has the numerical keyboard on the side as well as Touch ID which is real nice to unlock your computer without putting in a password.

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/MMMR3LL/A/magic-keyboard-with-touch-id-and-numeric-keypad-for-mac-models-with-apple-silicon-us-english-black-keys?afid=p238|soDtC4tah-dm_mtid_1870765e38482_pcrid_648918799898_pgrid_45850389289_pntwk_g_pchan__pexid__&cid=aos-us-kwgo-btb--slid---product-&fnode=fc74d500ab7898eeaf89d8eebea8dd01372d0129cab4df39be789dae3946edd6aa55515bfbccee981c466d4175872818a1a902ba429939d8c3058ec3b6b724c7145183b20cd31416972ab65ad93f4a672523a6090e389f4c7650c32caacc1cd5d28f3cca8c54d504dc66b656b8e0dd5b

• Like 1

@brilloheadOh Deb, thank you for taking us along on your visit with your dad and your wonderful new family.  I've been reading your happy story to Jim. I am truly ecstatic for you.  Beautiful picture of you and your Dad.

I hope you will continue sharing your visits with us.  God Bless you and your new family.  ☺️

Happy Easter!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Oh, yes, we were familiar with Down Under before we moved here!  In fact, I was sort of sad the whole road to it got paved because I used to feel like an in the know local going there on the sand road…. We’ve seen lovely boats go by…and DH especially likes watching the railroad bridge rotate out when a train comes by.

I like it better when the road wasn't paved also.  Definitely easier to get there now though.  I also like the sign by the VFW post near there that says something like, "Caution, old farts crossing". 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 4/3/2023 at 4:11 PM, Luckynana said:

We got home late Friday night...I-95 in Virginia was bumper-to-bumper from Richmond all the way to Maryland.  I've never seen it as bad as it was.  Never again!  We'll travel on the weekend from now on when we head North from Florida next time.  It was a nightmare.

We had this problem driving from Florida to Pinehurst.  What should have been a little over 5 hours took more than 7.  It took more than an hour to get through the Savannah area northbound, because the highway squeezes down to 2 lanes in South Carolina.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We had this problem driving from Florida to Pinehurst.  What should have been a little over 5 hours took more than 7.  It took more than an hour to get through the Savannah area northbound, because the highway squeezes down to 2 lanes in South Carolina.  

Oh yeah..don't get me started about SC with their 2 lanes, and never any road improvements in the 23 years we've been driving back and forth to Florida.  This past December, we were at a standstill for well over 2 hours...once we finally began moving, there wasn't any evidence around to show why we had been stopped.😲

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

There are lots of videos you can watch on YT about being new to Mac. The learning curve is very short and you will pick everything up very easy. I love the simplicity of it all.

Thanks.  I didn't even think of that yet.  I remember when I first got the iPad it was a Challenge.   I was wondering how learning Photoshop shortcuts will be.  Not using it for the last couple years on my PC will make it not as confusing.  I had the PC shortcuts down to where it was natural.   Probably like your video editing. 

• Like 1

We have been busy making cookies with the grandkids this morning. 

81E8997A-909F-45A6-9085-26F6954CC0E3.thumb.jpeg.726be742969ebea50e5b9189acc5cb33.jpeg

They say you should dread all the chocolate chip dough on a cookie sheet

9B25BDB3-439E-411C-8F11-30EBE84C1FC6.thumb.jpeg.72efd1fdd4534b4a06ca65482f2bc3c2.jpeg

Then bake it that way. 

76BE84B2-579D-4F96-90C3-3084FCD53D2A.thumb.jpeg.501ce804d103f84aaccc7f2320acd352.jpeg

Then when you cut out lighthouse shapes after baking, they look like lighthouses. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 17

12 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Yum.

Interesting when someone tells others to move along. 🙄

I think you did win the family lotto. Congrats.

I recall you saying you played semi/pro basketball, but you had no interest?

I had no interest in trying out for the HS basketball team because the sport that I was best at was Handball.The Coach for the Basketball team was also the Coach for the Handball team.He refused to let me try out even though I had beaten both the Captain and Co-Captain in a park and they both urged the Coach to let me try out.

I never received a definitive reason why he would not let me try out.It was his loss because in 1966 I placed 7th.in the United States Handball Association tournament .

I began playing serious basketball two years after graduating HS .

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Thanks.  I didn't even think of that yet.  I remember when I first got the iPad it was a Challenge.   I was wondering how learning Photoshop shortcuts will be.  Not using it for the last couple years on my PC will make it not as confusing.  I had the PC shortcuts down to where it was natural.   Probably like your video editing. 

This might work for you.

https://kbcovers.com/photoshop-keyboard-cover/

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It is a good size.  The only thing I miss is a calculator pad on the side.  

I, too, miss the number pad when on a device without one. Apparently I have become use to typing number patterns. Without the number pad I'm often lost when typing passwords, C&A number, etc.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Oh yeah..don't get me started about SC with their 2 lanes, and never any road improvements in the 23 years we've been driving back and forth to Florida.  This past December, we were at a standstill for well over 2 hours...once we finally began moving, there wasn't any evidence around to show why we had been stopped.😲

We're usually only on I-95 as far north as the I-26 interchange to Columbia.  I hadn't been on I-95 north of I-26 in more than 20 years.  I was really surprised how bad some sections of that road were.  Come on SC...do a little road maintenance.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

The Masters is definitely in my future.  Getting tickets is the hard part.  You need to enter a lottery and get lucky, or buy scalped tickets.  My parents used to live in Aiken, SC, just across the border from Augusta.  They'd enter the lottery every year.  I think they got practice round tickets a couple of times and tournament day tickets only once.  It used to be that if you get caught using someone else's tickets, they'll kick you out and ban the person who you bought tickets from.  Not sure if that's still true.

Tom and his brother are leaving for the Masters, soon. His brother gets tickets every year. They are going to stop and play some golf in Savannah on the way there. I'm happy they are able to spend some guy time together doing something they love. Phoebe and I will try to stay out of trouble... 😇😄

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I, too, miss the number pad when on a device without one. Apparently I have become use to typing number patterns. Without the number pad I'm often lost when typing passwords, C&A number, etc.

While in the auditing/accounting world I couldn't go without it. I remember we had number pads  that plugged into laptops.   Much better  built into the keyboard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you, Arzeena.  We just left the dentist.  All is good.  We're so fortunate to have him..he and his office staff always squeeze us in when we need them.  We got up at 5:30 this morning to get to his office on the Island on time☺️

Another silver lining by coming home...I'm able to jump-start the yardwork.

Best of luck with your packing.  We moved a lot of stuff to our new home, "just in case" and got rid of a lot of stuff.  When do you officially move?

So it looks like we'll have to wait until Bella2 before we physically get to meet.

Congratulations once again on becoming Florida residents 🥰

Thank you.
We plan to move completely by mid June or partially move earlier. All depends upon how fast we can box up.😁

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Tell me about it!!!!!🙄.

I think people just slow down to look at grass!🤣

Though in mid January it was not that bad. I guess all the holiday travel was over.

• Like 1