Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Whew.  I am exhausted.  Fairy lights on tree, charcuterie boards ready,  tents, dance floor, aisle runners up, still to do a million little things.  Reversal dinner big success.  Too much Moscato for me.  Lol. Tomorrow is the big day.  Whew.

Resized_20231102_140450.thumb.jpeg.6c8cf805190f9cda27f470f2fbd5e732.jpegResized_20231102_172854.thumb.jpeg.91537ca7091ea279583c1035a1c79472.jpeg

• Like 38

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

Whew.  I am exhausted.  Fairy lights on tree, charcuterie boards ready,  tents, dance floor, aisle runners up, still to do a million little things.  Reversal dinner big success.  Too much Moscato for me.  Lol. Tomorrow is the big day.  Whew.

Resized_20231102_140450.thumb.jpeg.6c8cf805190f9cda27f470f2fbd5e732.jpegResized_20231102_172854.thumb.jpeg.91537ca7091ea279583c1035a1c79472.jpeg

Looks amazing. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Such a beautiful setting.  Enjoy the day tomorrow!

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Looks incredible. I am sure it will be an amazing celebration. Drink one for me!

18 minutes ago, StanleyandGus said:

@Sea Dog best wishes for the surgery!

Are there any professional pharmacies in your area, ie not drug stores? They are usually associated with medical buildings. 

Thank you. Most of the pharmacies are now just big chains like, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS. I miss the days of a local family owned pharmacy where you knew your pharmacist by their first name. There was more care. When I was at CVS and their computer system went down and the head pharmacist was closing the blinds and I expressed concern to get my meds as I was having surgery tomorrow, he replied "I don't care".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks incredible. I am sure it will be an amazing celebration. Drink one for me!

Thank you. Most of the pharmacies are now just big chains like, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS. I miss the days of a local family owned pharmacy where you knew your pharmacist by their first name. There was more care. When I was at CVS and their computer system went down and the head pharmacist was closing the blinds and I expressed concern to get my meds as I was having surgery tomorrow, he replied "I don't care".

That’s absolutely shocking. On behalf of my former profession, I am sorry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Keksie said:

Love the charcuterie board & beautiful setting. Have a lovely day tomorrow.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yesterday I had the Senior Flu Shot and had the worst reaction that I ever had to one.I had severe pain ,so much so that I was praying to leave the planet.My BP increased from my normal reading of 127 to 171.

I also fell twice .The first time I tried to break my fall and hit a wall with my right wrist.The second one was me hitting the floor from my bed.

I am feeling better now and have a doctor apt.tomorrow.

Sorry to read this Lenny.  You’ve had a really rough week.  Hope you and your daughter are feeling better.

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Lucky you don’t have to fly Sydney to London….,😀

Have QF started non stop from SYD to LHR now? 

Hubby and I were talking about it yesterday and said that I heard they were adding to the non stop PER LHR but didn't know if it had started.

Does your daughters visa allow her to work? Both my neice and nephew did a season in Whistler after uni 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Yesterday I had the Senior Flu Shot and had the worst reaction that I ever had to one.I had severe pain ,so much so that I was praying to leave the planet.My BP increased from my normal reading of 127 to 171.

I also fell twice .The first time I tried to break my fall and hit a wall with my right wrist.The second one was me hitting the floor from my bed.

I am feeling better now and have a doctor apt.tomorrow.

Sorry to hear you had a bad reactionto the flu jab Lenny and your daughter has had serious health issues. I hope its all settled down now and she gets good treatment for her condition soon

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Keksie said:

Looks Great!  Looking forward to more pictures, especially the beautiful shawl you made for the big day😊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

WOW!   That response would have me changing pharmacies immediately.   Our local Rite-aid has 2 really nice helpful pharmacists.   They are always busy but always helpful.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Our  local pharmacy's is a small independent one. He is great and knows Gary personally as he goes there a lot for his various drugs.  He is always very busy. We had our flu jab there this year, I had popped in for something and he asked if I had had it and did it there and then. 

Thinking of you today. I hope your knee op goes well and heals quickly and as pain-free as possible 

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 7

We are on our final leg of our B3B on our way to FLL on Adventure.  The seas really picked up and we are bouncing around pretty good. Last cruise with @Sea Dog and others we had similar weather courtesy of Tammy, but the captain changed course and escaped the weather. We'll see what happens later.

We had a surprise delivery yesterday, received a crystal block for 770 days.  Guess we weren't expecting one.  I knew we were close, just not that close. 

I am looking forward to going home this time, I am getting my feeding tube removed on Monday, finally. Food still working OK, but saliva  is not what it was prior to the radiation.

I'll have a lot of Dr appointments coming up, missed a lot of them during cancer treatment, need to get back to normal, especially BP,   which was very low during chemo so I basically cut most of them out.

Sending @Sea Dog wishes for a good outcome for todays surgery.

• Like 20

22 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Have QF started non stop from SYD to LHR now? 

Hubby and I were talking about it yesterday and said that I heard they were adding to the non stop PER LHR but didn't know if it had started.

Does your daughters visa allow her to work? Both my neice and nephew did a season in Whistler after uni 

No not yet.  We aren’t fans of Qantas tbh, even being non stop to London.

Yes, ski season work & accommodation secured.  DS, DD and my nephew will all be working at three different ski resorts in BC this winter. Definitely a popular thing to do in your 20s.

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

We are on our final leg of our B3B on our way to FLL on Adventure.  The seas really picked up and we are bouncing around pretty good. Last cruise with @Sea Dog and others we had similar weather courtesy of Tammy, but the captain changed course and escaped the weather. We'll see what happens later.

We had a surprise delivery yesterday, received a crystal block for 770 days.  Guess we weren't expecting one.  I knew we were close, just not that close. 

I am looking forward to going home this time, I am getting my feeding tube removed on Monday, finally. Food still working OK, but saliva  is not what it was prior to the radiation.

I'll have a lot of Dr appointments coming up, missed a lot of them during cancer treatment, need to get back to normal, especially BP,   which was very low during chemo so I basically cut most of them out.

Safe travels home.   Nice to get a surprise block.   Is it the old or new colored version?

Best wishes for your procedure Monday and continuing improvement😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

No not yet.  We aren’t fans of Qantas tbh, even being non stop to London.

Yes, ski season work & accommodation secured.  DS, DD and my nephew will all be working at three different ski resorts in BC this winter. Definitely a popular thing to do in your 20s.

It was 30 years ago when I was in my 20s as well.  I could only assume how much fun could be had.🙂

• Like 2

8 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

That’s absolutely shocking. On behalf of my former profession, I am sorry.

Yes it completely flabbergasted me. I know he was under stress but still uncalled for.

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Our  local pharmacy's is a small independent one. He is great and knows Gary personally as he goes there a lot for his various drugs.  He is always very busy. We had our flu jab there this year, I had popped in for something and he asked if I had had it and did it there and then. 

Thinking of you today. I hope your knee op goes well and heals quickly and as pain-free as possible 

Thank you Sue.

42 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

Thank you Francis. Hope the seas get better.

26 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

@Sea Dog

Best wishes and prayers for your big day.  Update us when you are able. 

❤️

Thanks Sue!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Keksie said:

Looks great! Have a wonderful time!

• Thanks 1