Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Looks incredible. I am sure it will be an amazing celebration. Drink one for me!

Thank you. Most of the pharmacies are now just big chains like, Walmart, Walgreens, CVS. I miss the days of a local family owned pharmacy where you knew your pharmacist by their first name. There was more care. When I was at CVS and their computer system went down and the head pharmacist was closing the blinds and I expressed concern to get my meds as I was having surgery tomorrow, he replied "I don't care".

We have two old fashioner pharmacies in the town we live in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I've always had mixed feelings about Chapman. In his prime, he could routinely throw 100+ mph fastballs consistently, something very few other pitchers can do. He should have been unhitable. For the most part he was but he seem to wilt in high pressure situations. Too many blown save opportunities in big games for the Yanks & Cub too, I think.  Seems like Texas used him more in middle relief roles where the pressure isn't as intense.

After reading about his off the field issues there would be no way Inwouod ever root for him.

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I've always had mixed feelings about Chapman. In his prime, he could routinely throw 100+ mph fastballs consistently, something very few other pitchers can do. He should have been unhitable. For the most part he was but he seem to wilt in high pressure situations. Too many blown save opportunities in big games for the Yanks & Cub too, I think.  Seems like Texas used him more in middle relief roles where the pressure isn't as intense.

Chapman when he was with the Reds.  He could throw some serious heat.

• Like 2

Surgery went well . I now have matching metal. In a room now. Weird in recovery as I had a spinal block and Propofal and I could not move my legs or wiggle my toes. Finally wore off and I’m starting to feel them. All is good but starting to feel some pain. Bring on the pain meds.

IMG_3691.thumb.jpeg.98f07953bee59376961e292e727b452f.jpeg

• Like 39
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Surgery went well . I now have matching metal. In a room now. Weird in recovery as I had a spinal block and Propofal and I could not move my legs or wiggle my toes. Finally wore off and I’m starting to feel them. All is good but starting to feel some pain. Bring on the pain meds.

I'm sure you heard this before " No Pain No Gain"

20231103_160940.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Glad the surgery went well, Greg!  While the pain is now beginning, at least your pre-surgery anxieties are over.  Will you be spending the night at the hospital?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Glad the surgery went well, Greg!  While the pain is now beginning, at least your pre-surgery anxieties are over.  Will you be spending the night at the hospital?

Yes this is a separate surgery center and is 10 times nicer than a hospital. Everyone is great. Only issue is that they had a hard time inserting a catheter so an urologist had to come in a scope me and insert because I have an enlarged prostrate. I will will have to go home with the catheter and have my urologist remove it in 10 days. 

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Congratulations on your new knee ! 

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes this is a separate surgery center and is 10 times nicer than a hospital. Everyone is great. Only issue is that they had a hard time inserting a catheter so an urologist had to come in a scope me and insert because I have an enlarged prostrate. I will will have to go home with the catheter and have my urologist remove it in 10 days. 

Glad to see your smiling face, even if it tinged with a little pain!  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

So glad that your surgery went well, Greg!  You were in my thoughts 🙏🏼 today.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Yay Greg!  When I had my hip replacement four years ago, they told me I was getting propofal.  As I went out I was thinking but that killed Michael Jackson😳

You didn't get in while in your bedroom at home though.

• Like 7

46 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Yay Greg!  When I had my hip replacement four years ago, they told me I was getting propofal.  As I went out I was thinking but that killed Michael Jackson😳

I did a Michael Reference on my last k ER replacement and the anthesiologist said he heard that a bunch. So this go around I did not make a wise crack. That Propofal is great stuff.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Well I did my first walk around the surgical center floor. Pain is setting in about 5-6 but I’m doing ok. I like my PT she has a good soul.

Congratulations on a successful knee surgery.   Is the plan to have you up and walking around tonight or tomorrow?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

@Sea DogGreg, you were in my thoughts today and knowing how totally considerate you are, I knew there would be an update.  Glad the surgery is finally over.  Pain killers (not the JVD  kind) and therapy to come and soon this will be a distant memory.  

Yes as much as I would like a Soggy Dollar painkiller I think I will stick with the Oxycodone/ Tylenol/Tramadol/Toradol cocktail.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations on a successful knee surgery.   Is the plan to have you up and walking around tonight or tomorrow?

Yep did a lap and a half already. more walking later tonight then more PT tomorrow. Pain is settling in now.

3 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Glad to hear that everything went well Greg!  You should be in great shape for your Beyond cruise.  Did you ask your Doc if you can mix Painkillers with your pain killers? 😁  Joking of course.

Boy do I wish😉

• Like 2